Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:15 am

Find positives in the worst movies you've seen 
Post Find positives in the worst movies you've seen
I'm sure we all hate movies that make us go angry with rage but aren't there good moments or things in such movies? I say yes and since I saw a similar topic elsewhere, I think it could work here. Now then, get praising.

As for me:

Dirty Love - The magician escaping a jail lineup by shouting abracadabra was cute.

Fireproof - "She said I wasn't listening or something. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention." It's a cliched stock line but it made me laugh and I needed laughter. Plus, I gave you all an infamous review that you like and by you I mean major.

Xanadu - music was good

Son of the Mask - Jamie Kennedy wasn't the worst thing in the movie.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:09 pm
Director

Post Re: Find positves in the worst movies you've seen
Transformers 2- John Tuturro

September Dawn- Jon Voight's acting. In a word: bad.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile YIM
There is one glaringly obvious positive in the worst movies I've ever seen: they ended.

Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm
Titanic-First rate special effects
Saved!-Mandy Moore as a religious nutjob was interesting, even if she was horribly miscast
All About Steve-Bullock was still somewhat likeable despite the immense stupidity of the film
Ugly Truth-Heigl was watchable enough

Thu May 20, 2010 8:56 pm
The Spirit- Has first rate eye candy. Just too bad the movie was ridiculously awful and wasted tons of actors & actresses.

Final Destination 2- The opening sequence on the highway where everything wrecks is beautiful. The rest of the movie is anything but though.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 pm
Vexer wrote:
Saved!-Mandy Moore as a religious nutjob was interesting, even if she was horribly miscast
All About Steve-Bullock was still somewhat likeable despite the immense stupidity of the film

Titanic as one of as the worst movies you have ever seen? Wow.

Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am
MunichMan wrote:

Don't get him started. XD

I fucking hated Antonioni's La Notte, but to be fair to the film, it's well acted and well shot to a certain degree. Otherwise, it's pretentious, boring garbage.

Fri May 21, 2010 10:14 am
Twilight....had to sit through it with my girlfriend.

Terrible movie, but Kristen Stewart is easy on the eyes.

Fri May 21, 2010 10:55 am
MunichMan wrote:
Vexer wrote:

You better believe it, i don't give a rat's ass how many awards it won, I thought it was an unmitigated shitfest except for the FX, i'd honestly rather watch every single film on IMDB's bottom 100 list, along with every single low rated film on Rottentomatoes(which I disagree with most of the time anyways)then to EVER go anywhere near Titanic again for as long as I live. Also I will NEVER ever watch those fucking Twilight movies, even my sister hates them and she likes some pretty bad films.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 am
Diary of a Cannibal: The main chick was hot. So was her body double, who you got to see naked
Twilight: Allowed me to coin the term "sparkling emo douchebag." I'm sure all the cool kids will be saying it soon
Hide and Seek: Dakota Fanning was actually pretty good
Snake Eyes: The first part during the boxing match was fantastic. Too bad the rest of the movie wasn't up to par

Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm
I Heart Huckabees and Funny Games-both pretentious crapfests that Naomi Watts was able to at least partially redeem.

Fri May 21, 2010 1:43 pm
Awesome thread idea.

Bloodrayne was just terrible but it did feature a genuinely hot sex scene with a smoking version of red-headed Female Terminator Actress.

Cabin Fever 2 had an incredibly bloody and hilarious opening sequence featuring a man getting hit by a school bus and exploding like a water balloon.

Lucky You, one of the worst movies of the past five years, had a great cameo from Robert Downey Jr. and a really charismatic performance from Robert Duvall. The script, people, the script.

Femme Fatale, another 2/10 kind of movie, featured a knock-down brilliant opening 20 minutes that still stand alone as great entertainment.

Sat May 22, 2010 4:33 am
Vexer wrote:
MunichMan wrote:
Vexer wrote:

You better believe it, i don't give a rat's ass how many awards it won, I thought it was an unmitigated shitfest except for the FX, i'd honestly rather watch every single film on IMDB's bottom 100 list, along with every single low rated film on Rottentomatoes(which I disagree with most of the time anyways)then to EVER go anywhere near Titanic again for as long as I live. Also I will NEVER ever watch those fucking Twilight movies, even my sister hates them and she likes some pretty bad films.

Quote:
Other films I enjoyed that James hated are(Long list alert!) Slackers, Fired Up, Serving Sara, Just Friends, all of Dane Cook's films, Fair Game, Knock Off, Hills Have Eyes 2, Alien Vs. Predator:Reqiuem, A Guy Thing, Ghost In The Machine, Captivity, Children Of The Corn 2, Aces:Iron Eagle III, Bad Boys 2, Battlefield Earth, Corky Romano, Excessive Force, Leprechaun, Mortal Kombat:Annihilation, Money Train, Showgirls, 3000 Miles To Graceland, Trapped In Paradise, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Wishmaster, Without A Paddle, My Bobb's Daughter, Under Siege 2, Bats, Barb Wire, Judgment Night, Devil's Rejects, Kickin It Old Skool, Lake Placid, Big Fat Liar, Cop And A Half, Deep Rising, Only The Strong, I Know Who Killed Me, Soldier, Tomb Raider:Cradle Of Life, Rollerball, all the Halloween sequels and the sequel to the remake, Ultraviolent, Virus, Say It Isn't So, Primeval, Miss Congeniality 2, Man Of The House, Catwoman, Demon Knight, Doom, Fifty/Fifty, Firestorm, Garfield, Into The Blue, Avengers, Jason X and Jason Goes To Hell, Love Don't Cost A Thing, Pink Panther remake and sequel, Rela Mccoy, Wing Commander, Turbulence, Whole Ten Yards, Bad Company(2002), Meteor Man, Nick Of Time, both xXx films, Zoom, A Low Down Dirty Shame, Walking Tall remake, Maximum Risk, Man's Best Friend, Species 2, Spy Hard, The Faculty, Fantastic Four:Silver Surfer, Mercury Rising, both National Treasure films, Most Wanted, Mosnter-In-Law, Blue Streak, National Security, Balde:trinity, The Condemned, 12 Rounds, Paparazzi, Cruel Intentions, Final Destination series, Shadow Conspiracy, Speed 2, Johnny Mnemonic,Hostel Part 2, Hard Rain, House On Haunted Hill, Ghosts Of Mars, Fire Down Below, Glimmer Man, FLight Of The Phoenix, Stealth, Toko Drift, Demoliton Man, Best Of The Best 2, Breakdown, THe One, Perfect score, Payheck, both Transformers films, Rush Hour series, Striking Distance, Stuck On You, Sudden Death, Super Mario Bros., Thunderbirds, Temrinal Velocity, S.W.A.T., Gone In 60 Seconds, Smokin Aces, Death Sentence, Law abiding Citizen, and a bunch of others tha ti can't tihnk of right now.

I'm sorry Vexer, but after this list (with a few exceptions) I have a very hard time taking any of your opinions on the quality of films seriously.

And it looks like you're well on your way towards your goal of watching the the lowest rated RT films. :D

Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 am
MunichMan wrote:

I'm sorry Vexer, but after this list (with a few exceptions) I have a very hard time taking any of your opinions on the quality of films seriously.

And it looks like you're well on your way towards your goal of watching the the lowest rated RT films. :D

Welcome to last year Munich. Most of us thought the way you do but Vexer has proven himself to be a tenacious person that could logically explain himself quite well when he wants to. Now get with your postives

Sat May 22, 2010 9:00 am
Yeah, I did take a year or so off. :D

Anyway, the first 10-15 minutes of Very Bad Things. Then it went totally off the rails and became a Very Bad Movie.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:32 am
Patrick wrote:
MunichMan wrote:

Welcome to last year Munich. Most of us thought the way you do but Vexer has proven himself to be a tenacious person that could logically explain himself quite well when he wants to. Now get with your postives

Yeah Munich, I can explain myself when I feel like it, but if you don't take me seriously then that REALLY dosen't matter all that much to me, I can understand people giving me weird looks for having a vastly unpopular opinion on alot of films.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 am
Director

Disaster Movie - Christa Flanagan some some glimmer of talent in an utter shitfest

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation: Sandra Hess in Daisy Duke shorts

Sat May 22, 2010 2:34 pm
Well, the last movie I saw was The Lovely Bones. Dreadful it may be, but there are positives, or, to be ontopic positves

The acting by the women is really good. Pity that the radiant Rachel Weisz disappears halfway and that Susan Sarandon wasn't given more screen time.

Sun May 23, 2010 10:33 am
10,000 B.C. (2008, Roland Emmerich)

There he goes, running dramatically through the field, camera fades in to a closer shot of him running through the field, fades in to a closer shot of him running through the field, one more time... then he falls in a hole. Best. Laugh. Ever.

Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Well, the last movie I saw was The Lovely Bones. Dreadful it may be, but there are positives, or, to be ontopic positves

You SOB, I just now caught that

Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 pm