Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Bad Mother F*ckers 
Post Re: Bad Mother F*ckers
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Michael Beck - Remar's co-star in The Warriors also looks like he was born to play a villain.

He gave up all his manly points and his career when he thought being in Xanadu was a good idea

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 pm
Vexer wrote:
Don't forget Michael Madsen.

Excellent choice, yes he is a real badass mofu: just one point: somehow he always seems to play a guy that retains some kind of "code of honor", check him in "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" - for some reason we don't want him to die. He is always very intense, in a way that we all (well I do) would love to be like him. I think Ray Liotta is kind of similar, even though Madsen is way cooler: very intense but somehow not a real badass. Same goes for Sam Elliott: badass but way way cool, so we admire him rather than fear him.

O.K. gotta come up with more picks:

Clancy Brown anyone?

Harvey Keitel perhaps?

What about Chazz Palmintieri? The door test anyone? He friggin' ruled in that flick.

Benicio Del Toro: he can be real dark and frightening.

Anthony LaPaglia: can be very menacing.

Perhaps the latter two never got a chance to play out their potential....but badass they are.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 pm
There's also Paul Sorvino and Gary Busey.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 pm
Vexer wrote:

Anyone remember the short-lived Comedy Central cast-away I'm With Busey? It was kind of endearing and, at the same time, depressing.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 am
majoraphasia wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Anyone remember the short-lived Comedy Central cast-away I'm With Busey? It was kind of endearing and, at the same time, depressing.

I watched I'm With Busey...then I realize I could see Busey acting like that in anything he's in so it was kind of redundant.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 am
Patrick wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:
Vexer wrote:

I watched I'm With Busey...then I realize I could see Busey acting like that in anything he's in so it was kind of redundant.

That's funny because it's true. My favorite Busey performance is in this bizarro early-80s movie called Carny. Check it out (if you can find a copy) and see if you concluded what I did: Busey had no idea he was in a movie and the performance still worked.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 am
majoraphasia wrote:
Patrick wrote:
majoraphasia wrote:

That's funny because it's true. My favorite Busey performance is in this bizarro early-80s movie called Carny. Check it out (if you can find a copy) and see if you concluded what I did: Busey had no idea he was in a movie and the performance still worked.

The best 2 minutes and 44 seconds of Gary Busey's career (I'm sure you've all seen it, but we can all do for some more Busey):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-nVb0JaKJY

Seriously, name me another actor that could deliver that speech.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 am
Damn...you guys are good.

I'll second Danny Trejo. Especially in Desperado...hardcore.

And Sam Elliot...yeah, he's hard, but his moustache is the bad motherfucker.

Michael Madsen. Hell yeah..."Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?"

I might get flack for this...but Chuck Norris. Mother effing Chuck Norris has to get mentioned.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 am
ram1312 wrote:
I might get flack for this...but Chuck Norris. Mother effing Chuck Norris has to get mentioned.

Gahhh! How could we go two pages before someone mentioned Chuck Norris? I mean this is the guy who can can set an ant on fire using a magnifying glass. At night.

Although truth be told, I think Chuck Norris as the epitome of awesome is getting a little old. The new baddest man on the planet? Werner Fuckin Herzog.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:14 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
ram1312 wrote:

Gahhh! How could we go two pages before someone mentioned Chuck Norris? I mean this is the guy who can can set an ant on fire using a magnifying glass. At night.

Although truth be told, I think Chuck Norris as the epitome of awesome is getting a little old. The new baddest man on the planet? Werner Fuckin Herzog.

Herzog is insane! Did you know that when he goes swimming he doesn't get wet? The water gets Werner.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 pm
I didn't suggest Werner Herzog, because I kept misreading the thread title as "Werner Herzog." I thought it was a thread about people who are like Werner Herzog.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:52 pm
Tom Sizemore?

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm
Threeperf35 wrote:
Tom Sizemore?

Once upon a time maybe and maybe in the future, he'll be that again.

But as of right now, he's all sweaty and disheveled

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:39 pm
Patrick wrote:
Threeperf35 wrote:
Tom Sizemore?

Once upon a time maybe and maybe in the future, he'll be that again.

But as of right now, he's all sweaty and disheveled

Kind of thought so, hence the question mark.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:55 pm
[quote="Threeperf35"][quote="Vexer"]:

Clancy Brown anyone?

quote]

Good choice. This guy was badass as the drill sergeant in Starship Troopers.

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable its hands! Medic!

Also have to add Vinnie Jones, the guy born to play British gangsters with funny nicknames.

Jason Statham as well. One of the last remaining pure action stars we have.

Another guy who I think can be badass in the right roles is Karl Urban.

I'd say Michael Madsen as well, except I think he is a TERRIBLE actor.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm
neco82 wrote:

Also have to add Vinnie Jones, the guy born to play British gangsters with funny nicknames.

Oh...hell...yeah.

How the eff did I not think of these guys. This is Vinnie Jones in REAL LIFE...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 pm
neco82 needs to see Michael Madsen "have a talk" with a cop in 'Reservoir Dogs' and then say Madsen can't make it happen.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm
Vexer wrote:

I agree with Paul Sorvino, but Gary Busey screams out, "Crazy Hick" much more than he exudes "Bad Motherf@$@er" to me. Just watch him in Predator 2 or Let's Get Harry for examples of this.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm
ram1312 wrote:
neco82 wrote:

Oh...hell...yeah.

How the eff did I not think of these guys. This is Vinnie Jones in REAL LIFE...

Yeah, Vinnie Jones is what they would call "Well 'ard" in the UK...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 pm
Director

That cat Shaft was a bad mother--shut your mouth.
Danny Trejo's Machete looks about as bad a mofo as you could want. But I just got done watching Raising Arizona with Randall Tex Cobb, who I have to nominate here.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 am