Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 am

Your most anticipated movies-2009 list 
Post Most Anticipated Films of 2009
The one I am most looking forward to is the one I am starting with.

1.Shutter Island: This is Martin Scorcese attempting a film noir. The source material by Dennis Lehane is fantastic, and the cast is about as perfect as you can get (DiCaprio, Ruffalo, Williams, Kingsley, etc.). I can't wait for a trailer for this one.

2.The Road: No definite release date set for this one, but it is based off an excellent Cormac McCarthy novel, and also has a perfect cast (Mortensen, Pierce, Duvall, Theron). Plus, the director's previous film was the underrated The Proposition. This one is going to be good.

3.Public Enemies: Depp, Bale, Cotillard, Michael Mann. Very slim possibility that this one will disappoint.

4.Watchmen: I recently read the comic, loved it, and am looking forward to this one a lot. The look is right and the cast is right.

5.Inglorious Basterds: I don't think Tarantino has done anything good since Pulp Fiction, but this one looks a little different. And the cast is about as random as humanly possible.

Other interesting films:

Avatar - no one knows much about this one. Could be really good or.....
Nine - Daniel Day-Lewis breaking out into song!! No need to say anymore!!
Sherlock Holmes - Wonder if Guy Ritchie can get back on track with this one.
Fantastic Mr. Fox - Wes Anderson and stop-motion animation. Seems like a good fit.
The Lovely Bones: Peter Jackson telling a story with a little more emotion.
Tree of Life: Not a big Malick fan, but visually his films are the best.
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: Gilliam hasn't done a great one since Brazil, but this one looks more ambitious. Plus, Tom Waits as the Devil?? Brilliant!!
The Hurt Locker: JB already says this one is good, so I am anticipating this one quite a bit!!

One last note: The summer movies this year look pretty bad. Star Trek,the Wolverine movie, and the 6th Harry Potter are the only ones that look remotely interesting to me.

Last edited by Blonde Almond on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:39 pm
Post Re: Your most anticipated movies-2009 list
I was looking through a "100 Films you must see in 2009" issue of Empire magazine recently, and realised just how few of the films are ones I'm interested to see. Still, there were some:

Terminator: Salvation - the trailer looks great. I'm still wary of it given that McG is directing, though; his previous movies suggest that he thinks his audience has the attention span of goldfish.
Killshot (released in some countries already, I think). An Elmore Leonard adaptation. Leonard adaptations vary from very good (e.g. Out of Sight) to very bad (e.g. Be Cool). We'll see where this one fits ...
The Lovely Bones. If we're lucky, this could be as good as Heavenly Creatures.
Public Enemies - Looks very promising. I like a good gangster epic.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:39 pm
domani wrote:
I was looking through a "100 Films you must see in 2009" issue of Empire magazine recently, and realised just how few of the films are ones I'm interested to see. Still, there were some:

Terminator: Salvation - the trailer looks great. I'm still wary of it given that McG is directing, though; his previous movies suggest that he thinks his audience has the attention span of goldfish.

Hold on a minute. My kids goldfish just seems to float around and stare at the same point for hours.
Rob

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
domani wrote:

Hold on a minute. My kids goldfish just seems to float around and stare at the same point for hours.
Rob

Hmmm, is it floating near the top of the bowl, doing a back-float?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:32 am