Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 am

Top Worst Films of the Decade 
Post Top Worst Films of the Decade
Now to something a little different, to list off the worst films of the decade. I'm limiting myself to five, you can do five or ten if you want.

5 – National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (2007, Jon Turteltaub)
The first film was entertaining, the second film was a painful, uninspired mess. Painful acting, horrible writing and cringe worthy humor all mix together in a film I absolutely despised. You know its bad when Dianne Kruger is flaunting what shes got to hold someones attention in a Disney movie.

4 – Ultraviolet (2006, Kurt Wimmer)
I have just one question besides why was this made: what the fuck happened in this movie? Ultraviolet is one of the most incoherent messes I have ever seen. It plays like crap, it looks like crap, and it very well is. Everything about this movie is painful, from the script, to the acting, to the fact that I spent about two hours watching this drivel.

3 – Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004, Paul W. S. Anderson)
Stupid. RE:A is completely, totally, stupid. That wouldn't be the films biggest hindrance if it wasn't completely boring as well, not to mention horribly directed. The first film was mediocre, but this one was borderline tear-inducing.

2 – 10,000 B.C. (2008, Roland Emmerich)
I think I've ranted on this film enough in the past, but just to catch you up... WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!??????? Even thinking about this film tears out pieces of my brain and splatters them against the nearest television screen.

1 – House of 1000 Corpses (2003, Rob Zombie)
If you thought The Devil's Rejects was bad, try out this mess, or better yet, don't. This is possibly the most incoherent piece of trash I have ever seen, it certainly is one of them. What exactly happened in this film? One moment Sheri Moon Zombie is doing a nasty little dance, all of a sudden she pulls out a knife, two of the hapless victims run into a car that one of the killers jumps on a starts hitting with an axe, and about fifteen minutes later one of those victims is hanging off a wall in cut in half and mounted and covered I think in fishnet, when the hell did that happen? What is with the black man ranting in the desert? What is with anything that happened in this movie? I don't know, Ultraviolet made more sense then this crap.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 am
Post Re: Top Worst Films of the Decade
1. Dirty Love
2. Captivity
3. Fireproof
4. Son of the Mask
5. Alone in the Dark
6. Gothika
7. Cold Creek Manor
8. 2001: A Space Travesty
9. Elizabethtown
10. Van Helsing

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 am
I'm sure none of you would be surprised that I enjoyed severla of the films on your lists, I liked Ultraviolet, Apocalypse, Alone in The Dark, Captivity(which I actually saw in theaters), National Treasure 2 and 1,000 Corpses were just average, mediocre and extremely forgettable films for me. As for the rest of the iflms you listed, we'll they all pretty much suck, espeically Fireproof! Words cannot describe how much Kirk Cameron annoys me, as besides Fireproof, he also made not one but TWO sequels to that shitfest Left Behind!(Hell there was even a Left Behind video game! I REALLY wish I was joking about that! :shock:) i'd say those are probably even worse sequels then Son Of The Mask if you can believe that.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 am
I like Elizabethtown :cry:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:18 am
Director

I like Rob Zombie's films. :o

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 am
I like The Devil's Rejects but House of 1000 Corpses, Halloween and Halloween II (except for the hospital sequence at the beginning, that was damn near masterful in the theatrical cut) either left me pissed off, bored or both.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 am
Producer

JJoshay wrote:
I like Elizabethtown :cry:

I didn't just like it. I loved it. Although I was kind of underwhelmed with Say Anything, IMO, Cameron Crowe can do no wrong.

My picks for worst of the decade in no particular order:

Three Strikes
Whipped
The Truth About Charlie
Feast
Nacho Libre
The Libertine
Ultraviolet
Inside
Epic Movie
Meet the Spartans
Disaster Movie
Master of Disguise
Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights
From Justin to Kelly
Old Dogs
Halloween II

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:07 am
Critic

Elizabethtown is fucking awful. I sat there watching it get worse and worse waiting for the whimsy to end. BUT THE WHIMSY JUST GOT STRONGER AND MORE POWERFUL!

Still, I don't think it would crack my Bottom 5. Not when we have contenders like...

Scary Movie 4: Do you like movies in which people get hit in the head with things? If so, boy is Scary Movie 4 for you. Also, the hilarious "parody" of The Village in which the Adrien Brody stand-in stands up during dinner to say "Peepee Vagina" has to be seen to be believed, especially when Carmen Electra noisily defecates in front of everyone for like 20 minutes.

The Woods: Terrible, terrible excuse for a horror film from Lucky McKee which fails to understand (as did the Happening, and The Ruins) that trees are not scary. At all.

Freddy Got Fingered: There's not much more I can say about this film, which earned zero stars combined from Ebert and Berardinelli.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 am
Unlike a lost of movie buffs I tend to avoid movies that I'm sure I'll hate, so this isn't the best list. I also freely admit that I've seen worse movies but these pissed me off for a number of reasons.

Thirteen Ghosts - I hated House on Haunted Hill but at least that had Geoffrey Rush's cool Vincent Price impression. So for this piece of garbage we get that replaced with Monk. Don't worry, though, the annoying Chris Kattan has been replaced with equally annoying Matthew Lilliard.

Halloween: Resurrection - Michael Myers finally met his match. No, not Jamie Lee Curtis...Busta Rhymes, perhaps the single most annoying person I've ever seen in a horror movie. Seriously, there's a scene where he is confronted by our masked killer and rambles on and Myers literally just walks away. Even he was too bored to care. Amazing.

3000 Miles To Graceland - Courtney Cox played the worst mother I have seen in a movie. Hey, I just met this weirdo in a seedy Las Vegas hotel...he seems like a great guy to watch my kid! The lady from Precious has nothing that. Besides, the movie tries to be cool and funny and instead just embarrassed itself. Watch for hanging Ice-T scene.

Scooby-Doo - I didn't expect this to be good, but god damn. I could go into why I thought this movie was the shits, but instead I'll just leave you with this: the annoying Matthew Lilliard was the best part.

The Hills Have Eyes II - Bad acting? Check. Scenes that were less scary that Scooby-Doo? Check. An disgusting, exploitative rape scene? Check plus. Yea, screw this movie.

Pay It Forward - Haley Joel Osmond is the second coming of Jesus. And Kevin Spacey is the second coming of Mask. Pretentiousness hit new heights on this one.

The Number 23 - I haven't seen I Know who Killed Me, so I can't say this for certain, but The Number 23 may have had the dumbest plot of the decade. Also, I like Jim Carrey, but he should never, ever attempt a dark character again. I don't care how long he grows his hair.

The Cat in the Hat - The Grinch wasn't very good but it was a classic compared to this. I'll say they did a decent job with the design but otherwise it was an awful movie. I don't hate cash grabs on principle, but why not try to make it somewhat entertaining as well?

Dreamcatcher - This is the Sphere for the 2000s. Let's get a book from a popular author, get a lot of talent and produce a big piece of crap. I heard that King sold the rights for a $1 and that's probably how much this worth at the bottom of the Wal-Mart bargain bin.

The Sweetest Thing - Cameron Diaz, you're a better actress than people give you credit for but please star in better movies. Just having attractive, talented actresses doing dumb and gross things doesn't make your movie good by proxy. Did anyone else feel sorry for poor Selma Blair? Ad, no, I wasn't entertained by that stupid Madonna montage, either.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:36 pm
Director

Dishonorable Mention: Chuck and Larry, The Love Guru, Bad Boys 2, Bratz

5. Old Dogs: Slapstick humor that's dated from the Three Stooges. Yikes!!

4. Good Luck Chuck: A nasty film that treats women stupidly or a klutz. Dane Cook and Dan Fogler are two creepy, misogynistic losers who treat women like a napkin.

3. Duece Bigelow 2: A "comedy" that bashes gays, Europeans, make Americans and black people look like simple minded idiots that other countries think is right. Thanks alot film.

2. Transformers 2: A loud, dumb, stupid film that think it's better than it's actually is. No acting, the story is nvere once important and Bay is laughing his way to the bank.

Most of you are surprised T2 wasn't number one, but the next film is even more evil and inhuman than that film. I'll let it be a surprise.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
September Dawn: A film who's only purpose is to trah Mormons and make them look like terrorists. The film uses the date of the Mountain Meadows Massacre, September 11, as a way to cast an evil light on Mormons as they plot to kill innocent Christians; all of them: men, women and children. It was never proven that Brigham Young knew about the massacre and tried to cover it up. John Voight overacts as the Mormon town's bishop and his oldest son (Trent Ford), who makes Steven Seagal look like Don Chedle has a dumb and embarrasing Romeo and Juliet like romace with the Christian pastor's daughter (Tamara Hope). Everything about this film, including it's awful and horriblr massacre scene is slimy and wrong. I hate this film even more by thinking about it.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile YIM
Hey Corpen, aren't you forgetting about Freddy Got Fingered?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:18 pm
Vexer wrote:

Everyone forgot about that pile of crap if they have any standards. I noticed that not a single person in this thread even mentioned it until now.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Everyone forgot about that pile of crap if they have any standards. I noticed that not a single person in this thread even mentioned it until now.

Kunz mentioned it as his most hated of the decade and If I wasn't so lazy I would've mentioned that it took 7 posts to get to that, I'm proud of everyone or something to that extent.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:00 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:

It is one of the worst films of the decade, but I decided that would leave out a spot for other films that should be placed on the list.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

It is one of the worst films of the decade, but I decided that would leave out a spot for other films that should be placed on the list.
Well would you say Freddy worse then September Dawn?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 pm
3 come to mind quickly:

Envy
You Don't Mess With The Zohan
The Love Guru

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:22 pm
Critic

Blount I also avoid movies I assume I'll hate--one of the perks of being a film fan rather than a critic. I like your list though, and Corpen's too. Let's not forget Gus Van Sant's Elephant though.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm
JamesKunz wrote:
Blount I also avoid movies I assume I'll hate--one of the perks of being a film fan rather than a critic. I like your list though, and Corpen's too. Let's not forget Gus Van Sant's Elephant though.
Same here, I only see films tha ti'm sure i'll enjoy, if it looks like shit to me, then i'm NEVER going to see it for as long as I live, Shutter Island being one example, it looks godawful! IMO and honestly, I don't think anybody would be nearly as excited about that film if Scorcese wasn't attached to it.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm
Director

are there any stats on rotten tomatoes on this(lowest rated, etc)?

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:08 pm
Critic

calvero wrote:
are there any stats on rotten tomatoes on this(lowest rated, etc)?

There sure is. As a matter of fact, there's an annotated list of the worst 100 films of the decade. And I'm about to link you to it, so be ready to be blown away.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/wo ... titialskip

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:39 pm