Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Most dull, uninvolving, agonizing film you ever sat through 
Post Re: Most dull, uninvolving, agonizing film you ever sat through
Yeah, I know... pretty strange to me too. :P

But seriously, I never actually gave a fuck about the characters. The way the narrative kept switching to one character after another, didn't give me enough time to actually connect to a single character. The main character was merely a narrator for the most part. So for 35 minutes, I sat and I watched and I watched and after 35 minutes I stopped caring about the film. I'd actually given up on it then, I just simply forced myself to finish watching it. Not to mention the camera-work got on my nerves from the beginning itself.

Agonizing experience.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:51 am
I was unfortunate enough to have to endure Bicentennial Man in the theaters. It was a traumatizing experience...

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:47 pm
The Shining Wizard wrote:
1. City of God (I had to watch it in half-hour chunks over the course of 4 days. You know something is wrong when the first 30 minutes of the film feel like the first 60 minutes.)
3. Public Enemies (mainly due to the cinematography)

You're a smart man Mr. Wizard. While I didn't hate CoG I did find it incredibly mediocre, and Public Enemies drove me right up the wall. Excepting a few stunning sequences (the woods shootout was the best scene of 09, ironically located in one of the worst movies) it was just littered with horrible, horrible ideas all stacked on top of one another. And I usually like Mann too.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:37 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8