Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:29 pm

TV Adaptations 
Post Re: TV Adaptations
I always liked The Addams Family and its sequel. Both are a lot of fun, and in my opinion, somewhat underrated.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 pm
Producer

Best: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (actually I love ALL of the Trek flicks), The Fugitive, The Untouchables, Traffic, Mission Impossible III (also a big fan of 2 as well, 1 was alright but not as good as 2 and 3 IMO), Aeon Flux (the most underrated tv adaptation probably, I LOVE it!).

I also enjoyed Starsky & Hutch, SWAT, Wayne's World, Get Smart.

Personally I had a blast with these critically maligned movies: The Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, I Spy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (my favorite of the 3 and yet it's the one that got the worst reviews), The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (I fell in love with Piper Perabo in this movie and Robert De Niro was hilarious in it IMO!), The Mod Squad.

Worst: The Avengers - a dreadful movie. If you thought Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery were incapable of giving bad performances, watch this movie. Fiennes is totally stiff in this while Connery wasn't remotely menacing as the villain. Plus, Fiennes and Uma Thurman had no chemistry whatsoever!

Of course if Wayne's World counts that means ALL movies based on SNL counts and unfortunately, there are a LOT of bad ones. From Superstar to A Night at the Roxburry to The Ladies Man. Ugh. These movies were all terrible.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:42 pm
Director

ilovemovies wrote:
Best: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (actually I love ALL of the Trek flicks), The Fugitive, The Untouchables, Traffic, Mission Impossible III (also a big fan of 2 as well, 1 was alright but not as good as 2 and 3 IMO), Aeon Flux (the most underrated tv adaptation probably, I LOVE it!).

I also enjoyed Starsky & Hutch, SWAT, Wayne's World, Get Smart.

Personally I had a blast with these critically maligned movies: The Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, I Spy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (my favorite of the 3 and yet it's the one that got the worst reviews), The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (I fell in love with Piper Perabo in this movie and Robert De Niro was hilarious in it IMO!), The Mod Squad.

Worst: The Avengers - a dreadful movie. If you thought Ralph Fiennes and Sean Connery were incapable of giving bad performances, watch this movie. Fiennes is totally stiff in this while Connery wasn't remotely menacing as the villain. Plus, Fiennes and Uma Thurman had no chemistry whatsoever!

Of course if Wayne's World counts that means ALL movies based on SNL counts and unfortunately, there are a LOT of bad ones. From Superstar to A Night at the Roxburry to The Ladies Man. Ugh. These movies were all terrible.

The only SNL film I've seen was A Night at the Roxbury. That movie had no plot or jokes in it.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:13 pm
Profile YIM
Director

The best SNL based movie hands down is The Blues Brothers.

The Untouchables counts as does The Fugitive. Get Smart was one of the better adaptations. I can't really say that I enjoyed Miami Vice. But it was good at what it was and at least was an attempt to do something different from copying the TV show.

I didn't see Viva Rock Vegas. But the original Flintstones wasn't that bad. Bewitched, while not very good, wasn't quite godawful either.

On the other hand, Wild Wild West, Inspector Gadget, Mr. Magoo, Dukes Of Hazzard, I Spy, A Night At The Roxbury, It's Pat and a whole bunch of others were godawful

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 pm