Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:35 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Best movie-going experience 
Author Message
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
I went to see a Lord of the Rings marathon on my 21st birthday. They showed Fellowship and Two Towers in their extended versions and afterwards came the world premiere of Return of the King, at midnight.

Just being there, with a packed crowd of anxious fans, with such a high level of anticipation, felt like an absolute party. It was worth sitting in a theater for 11 straight hours. Definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had as a movie goer.


Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:58 pm
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
In recent memory I would have to say it would be the midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III. I went with a good friend I hadn't seen for a year, waiting in line was a blast, the people in costumes were great (especially Spock! hahah) and the crowd was still pumped despite the fact we were watching a Star Wars prequel. I'll still call it my best recent experience despite the fact I locked my finger in my car door when I got home... thankfully my keys were in my other hand!


Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:13 pm
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
To Catch A Thief at the grand old theater in downtown Memphis. Velvet curtain, intermission, the works.

A double bill of Innerspace (!) and Lost Boys at the now defunct downtown theater here in town. Full house, we sat in the balcony, front row.

Opening night of Predator. The crowd was really into it. A lot of fun.


Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
A couple months ago, seeing My Name Is Bruce at the Lagoon Theater in Minneapolis. Not only was the film a truly funny comedy/Galaxy Quest-style ode to B-movie fans, Bruce himself was there for a round of Q&A after the show. This was worth the price of admission alone, but the film, combined with being there amongst a packed house of Bruce fans, made it one hell of an experience.


Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:09 am
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
A.J. Hakari wrote:
A couple months ago, seeing My Name Is Bruce at the Lagoon Theater in Minneapolis. Not only was the film a truly funny comedy/Galaxy Quest-style ode to B-movie fans, Bruce himself was there for a round of Q&A after the show. This was worth the price of admission alone, but the film, combined with being there amongst a packed house of Bruce fans, made it one hell of an experience.


AJ

I am soooo jealous!

I love this guy. Have you been to his website?

Have you seen Bubba Ho Tep?

Tell us more. What did he say?
Rob


Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 am
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
Robert Holloway wrote:
A.J. Hakari wrote:
A couple months ago, seeing My Name Is Bruce at the Lagoon Theater in Minneapolis. Not only was the film a truly funny comedy/Galaxy Quest-style ode to B-movie fans, Bruce himself was there for a round of Q&A after the show. This was worth the price of admission alone, but the film, combined with being there amongst a packed house of Bruce fans, made it one hell of an experience.


AJ

I am soooo jealous!

I love this guy. Have you been to his website?

Have you seen Bubba Ho Tep?

Tell us more. What did he say?
Rob


Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my faves; a unique and incredibly fun film.

And, as luck would have it, someone was at the very same Bruce screening and posted the Q&A on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTg2Man2-Sg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8W9Syc7SOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhMKFWI1Js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKIuek-wr-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3krytVxvg

A hilarious time was had, for sure.


Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:39 am
Post Re: Best movie-going experience
A.J. Hakari wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
A.J. Hakari wrote:
A couple months ago, seeing My Name Is Bruce at the Lagoon Theater in Minneapolis. Not only was the film a truly funny comedy/Galaxy Quest-style ode to B-movie fans, Bruce himself was there for a round of Q&A after the show. This was worth the price of admission alone, but the film, combined with being there amongst a packed house of Bruce fans, made it one hell of an experience.


AJ

I am soooo jealous!

I love this guy. Have you been to his website?

Have you seen Bubba Ho Tep?

Tell us more. What did he say?
Rob


Bubba Ho-Tep is one of my faves; a unique and incredibly fun film.

And, as luck would have it, someone was at the very same Bruce screening and posted the Q&A on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTg2Man2-Sg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8W9Syc7SOI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikhMKFWI1Js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKIuek-wr-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3krytVxvg

A hilarious time was had, for sure.


AJ

Wondrous - the darkness is actually OK

"Don't aspire to be a B Movie actor, you'll get there soon enough"
and the alcoholic dog :-)
Chuck Norris's toupe!

I am so jealous, an awesome 30 minutes. The guy is a natural and people clearly love him
Rob


Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr