Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Holy crap! That guy is in this movie... 
Post Re: Holy crap! That guy is in this movie...
George Clooney in The Thin Red Line. Or, for that matter, almost anybody in The Thin Red Line.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 pm
Meatloaf in Fight Club.

Dwight Yoakum and Ian Moore in Slingblade.

(for those who don't know, Ian Moore is a blues guitarist from Houston)

Bruce Campbell in Congo.

Alice Cooper in Prince of Darkness.

Mick Fleetwood and Dweezil Zappa in The Running Man.

Obviously I get a kick out of seeing musicians in movies...

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 am
That guy who plays Agent Pierce from 24 is in....Under Siege.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 pm
Producer

Paul Giamatti and Colm Feore in Paycheck.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:14 pm
HomerJ wrote:
Meatloaf in Fight Club.

Dwight Yoakum and Ian Moore in Slingblade.

(for those who don't know, Ian Moore is a blues guitarist from Houston)

Bruce Campbell in Congo.

Alice Cooper in Prince of Darkness.

Mick Fleetwood and Dweezil Zappa in The Running Man.

Obviously I get a kick out of seeing musicians in movies...

Me too!, Bryan Adams has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in Pink Cadillac, and Alice Cooper also had a cameo in Nightmare On Elm Street part 6 as Freddy's father, though he was uncredited there. Another surprising cameo was Gene Hackman in The Mexican.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 am
I was kind of surprised to see Peter Greene in Pulp Fiction. I saw Clean, Shaven a month ago and Peter Greene became an actor I would recognize from then on. However, his performance was so good that I would expect him to play some sort of institutionalized human being in future roles. Imagine my surprise when I see his non-schizophrenic self utter the line, "Bring out the gimp." I've seen Pulp many times, but I only just realized Green brought his genius to the table.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:57 am
Years and years ago I saw a little movie called Jimmy Hollywood. You probably haven't seen it. And if you haven't seen it then you haven't seen Harrison Ford's one scene. You probably shouldn't rush out and find a copy even if you're dying to see Joe Pesci overact and Christian Slater play a partially retarded sidekick.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 am
Pedro wrote:
I was kind of surprised to see Peter Greene in Pulp Fiction. I saw Clean, Shaven a month ago and Peter Greene became an actor I would recognize from then on. However, his performance was so good that I would expect him to play some sort of institutionalized human being in future roles. Imagine my surprise when I see his non-schizophrenic self utter the line, "Bring out the gimp." I've seen Pulp many times, but I only just realized Green brought his genius to the table.

You just blew my mind. I've seen Pulp Fiction 10-15 times and also watched Clean, Shaven a few weeks ago and never put that together. Holy crap! Peter Greene is in Pulp Fiction.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:07 am
Harrison Ford -- star wars.

i know. i know. consider my age and location, it may make a little sense. if it doesn't, i don't blame you.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 am
aameen wrote:

i know. i know. consider my age and location, it may make a little sense. if it doesn't, i don't blame you.

For me, it was more of a "Holy s---!" moment when I saw Ford in Apocalypse Now. But then, I think I'm younger than you if only by a few years.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:26 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
aameen wrote:

For me, it was more of a "Holy s---!" moment when I saw Ford in Apocalypse Now. But then, I think I'm younger than you if only by a few years.

I was just as surprised to see Harrison Ford in The Conversation.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:51 pm
HomerJ wrote:
Ragnarok73 wrote:
aameen wrote:

I was just as surprised to see Harrison Ford in The Conversation.

Yes, along with Robert Duvall, who I believe isn't even credited.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Harrison Ford in E.T. :)

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:53 pm
Deberg_1990 wrote:

Gah? Who was Ford playing in E.T.?

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm
Philip Baker Hall is practically in every other movie these days.

"Larry" Fishburn in Apocalypse Now.

DeNiro in Brazil

Ralph Fiennes in In Bruges

This breaks Patrick's rule, but Sam Jackson in Hard Eight. I had looked at What Just Happened and was glad to break the tie between DeNiro and Sam Jackson in my personal most movies seen by one actor. The next day i put on Hard Eight and all of a sudden Mr. 'What'-ain't-a-country-I-ever-heard-of appears onscreen.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
Pedro wrote:

You just blew my mind. I've seen Pulp Fiction 10-15 times and also watched Clean, Shaven a few weeks ago and never put that together. Holy crap! Peter Greene is in Pulp Fiction.

You know what's really going to blow your mind...Peter Greene was in Under Siege 2 and Ticker alongside...STEVEN SEAGAL!

And speaking of the first Under Siege movie again, that guy who played Ken from the Street Fighter movie is also in it!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:14 pm
Ragnarok73 wrote:
Deberg_1990 wrote:

Gah? Who was Ford playing in E.T.?

Its a joke. He played Elliott's school principle, but his part got edited out. Alledgedly the footage is still out there somewhere.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:07 pm
Patrick wrote:
PeachyPete wrote:
Pedro wrote:

You know what's really going to blow your mind...Peter Greene was in Under Siege 2 and Ticker alongside...STEVEN SEAGAL!

And speaking of the first Under Siege movie again, that guy who played Ken from the Street Fighter movie is also in it!
The guy your refering to is Damian Chapa.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:23 pm
Producer

Laurence Fishburne in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors

Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:22 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Ralph Fiennes in In Bruges

a-HA, you downloader!!

:lol: the guy was on the poster and the dvd cover.
how come you were surprised when you saw his face emerge ? :D

i know, i KNOW.

cuz i felt the same way. :lol:

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:54 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next