Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:01 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known 
Author Message
Director
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1077
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Babes in Toyland - Starring a drunk Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves. According to Pat Morita, the meaning of life of is toys......or something.


Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
DylnFan96818 wrote:
Babes in Toyland - Starring a drunk Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves. According to Pat Morita, the meaning of life of is toys......or something.


Ah, no!! I remember the origional which was brilliant Lauel and Hardy were in it, and it was one of my favorite kids films!


Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:12 pm
Gaffer

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:32 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
The Toy


Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
JanuaryMan wrote:
The Toy



Agh! My eyes!! :shock:


Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:15 am
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Posts: 1587
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Majorapahasia mentioned Mac And Me which was truly a 90-minute McDonald's commercial disguised as a ridiculous ET rip.

Thinking about it, I'd say the worst one I've actually seen is Inspector Gadget or maybe even Scooby Doo.

_________________
This ain't a city council meeting you know-Joe Cabot

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599


Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Jeff Wilder wrote:
Majorapahasia mentioned Mac And Me which was truly a 90-minute McDonald's commercial disguised as a ridiculous ET rip.

Thinking about it, I'd say the worst one I've actually seen is Inspector Gadget or maybe even Scooby Doo.

Those look like masterpieces next to Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Entertainment Weekly gave that film an F for a damn good reason.


Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Image


Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 pm
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
I just saw Kazaam last year, and it was pretty bad but in a so-bad-it's-good way, sort of, and i'd honestly much rather that iflm again then those dman Oscar-bait films that get shoved down our throats.


Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:31 pm
Director

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 1537
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
The Cat in the Hat (2003)
A Troll in Central Park


Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 pm
Profile YIM
Critic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am
Posts: 7490
Location: Easton, MD
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
HomerJ wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
The Toy



Agh! My eyes!! :shock:


Seriously. I think I gave that half a star

_________________
I'm lithe and fierce as a tiger


Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I fucking hate that movie.


Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Casper: A Spirited Beginning. UGH! Quite frankly, I wasn't as crazy about Babe as a lot of people were. I mean, how does a film concerning a talking pig score all of those Oscar nominations? Oh here's another one for my personal shit list: The Next Karate Kid with Hilary Swank - definitely not an auspicious start to her career! At least she was able to redeem herself with two Oscar-winning performances.


Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
It's funny how your kids grow up. I've sat through endless terrible movies (mainly recommended by Patrick) and now they are 12 and 15 and wanting to see the Exorcist, and The Mist and The Texas Chain something.

I now look back at Spongebob and other stuff with fond memories.

Rob


Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 pm
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
The worst thing about the PotC movies (which, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed as popcorn entertainment) is that the Box Office results gave Disney the idea to try making some of their other theme park rides into movies.

This resulted in The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy which, to put it kindly, was a complete cinematic abomination.

-Jeremy


Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 am
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
thered47 wrote:
The worst thing about the PotC movies (which, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed as popcorn entertainment) is that the Box Office results gave Disney the idea to try making some of their other theme park rides into movies.

This resulted in The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy which, to put it kindly, was a complete cinematic abomination.

-Jeremy


Oh wow, I totally forgot about this one. I remember having to take my then 4 year-old younger sister to the theater to see it; we saw it at this really cheap theater that has since been torn down to make way for a nursery or something. Yeah, that movie was dreadful!


Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 am
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
oafolay wrote:
thered47 wrote:
The worst thing about the PotC movies (which, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed as popcorn entertainment) is that the Box Office results gave Disney the idea to try making some of their other theme park rides into movies.

This resulted in The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy which, to put it kindly, was a complete cinematic abomination.

-Jeremy


Oh wow, I totally forgot about this one. I remember having to take my then 4 year-old younger sister to the theater to see it; we saw it at this really cheap theater that has since been torn down to make way for a nursery or something. Yeah, that movie was dreadful!

I didn't think Haunted Mansion was that bad actually, at least not compared to The Country Bears, even Christopher Walken couldn't save that crapfest.


Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 am
Director
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 pm
Posts: 1077
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Quote:
I didn't think Haunted Mansion was that bad actually, at least not compared to The Country Bears, even Christopher Walken couldn't save that crapfest


That's what I liked about this forum; the opportunity to reflect on some memories long forgotten. Country Bears actually played at the base theater during one weekend while stationed in Korea. I had some time to kill before the drinking games began. I wish I would have started drinking earlier to alleviate the pain of seeing this awfulness.


Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1318
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Deberg_1990 wrote:
Loved "The Goonies" when i was a kid.

But it hasnt aged well at all.


Blasphemy! :o

I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned "Jingle All the Way" yet. I don't think I've seen a single kiddie movie that's ever insulted my intelligence more. The fact that it was made in my home metro area is another insult. :?


Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Deberg_1990 wrote:
Loved "The Goonies" when i was a kid.

But it hasnt aged well at all.


Blasphemy! :o

I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned "Jingle All the Way" yet. I don't think I've seen a single kiddie movie that's ever insulted my intelligence more. The fact that it was made in my home metro area is another insult. :?

I first saw that film back in one of grade school classes, it was my first exposure to Ahnuld, so i've admittedly got a bit of a soft spot for that film.


Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:31 pm
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 1318
Post Re: The Worst Children's Movies The World Has Ever Known
Vexer wrote:
H.I. McDonough wrote:
Deberg_1990 wrote:
Loved "The Goonies" when i was a kid.

But it hasnt aged well at all.


Blasphemy! :o

I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned "Jingle All the Way" yet. I don't think I've seen a single kiddie movie that's ever insulted my intelligence more. The fact that it was made in my home metro area is another insult. :?

I first saw that film back in one of grade school classes, it was my first exposure to Ahnuld, so i've admittedly got a bit of a soft spot for that film.


Yeah, but come on, when Ah-nuld's dressed as Turbo Man during the parade -- neither his son nor his wife can tell it's him through that thick accent? :shock: Makes me want to kill the writers. :idea:


Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:32 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr