Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:34 pm

Worst Films of the Past 10 Years 
Director

Post Re: Worst Films of the Past 10 Years
wisey wrote:
The Hangover. I hate this film and didn't laugh once. My sense of humour maybe a little fucked up, but I could never understand how this film got such universal praise as a great comedy? The scene with the asian guy jumping out of the boot is one of the most irritable moments I can remember having, sitting in a packed cinema. It's one of the few films I couldn't finish watching. It's probably not the worst film of the past ten years all things considered, but it left the worst taste in mouth. When my close friends eventually saw it, they had the same perspective, which redeemed my faith a bit.

Comedy isn't subjective either, if you find The Hangover a great comedy, there is obviously something not right with you.

That last sentence was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

But it could be worse. You could have seen Hangover II. Part III looks even worse, but I've bailed out of the series.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:05 pm
Assistant Director

GOD'S NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The horror, the horror!

What did I hate about this movie? Let's see, the waste of a great premise (not it's point of view...I believe in a higher power), the endless preaching, the incessant bible verses, the racism, the Willie and Kori Robertson ego stroking, the use of religion to sell moderately good music, the ridiculously buffoonish villain, the politicizing of religion, the use of faulty logic as fact...need I go on?

And that's apart from the bad acting, stupid characters and just a general lack of dramatic tension. It could have been a great movie. But nooooooooooooooo...they had to pander the the evangelical right.

And by the way, I don't hate all Christian films. I liked Hardflip, Alone yet not Alone and one of these days I'm going to pick up a copy of Mom's Night Out. But God's Not Dead is fucking awful. I'd really like to see JB review it and rip it to shreds like he did for The Mangler

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:54 am
Profile WWW
Auteur

moviemkr7 wrote:
GOD'S NOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The horror, the horror!

What did I hate about this movie? Let's see, the waste of a great premise (not it's point of view...I believe in a higher power), the endless preaching, the incessant bible verses, the racism, the Willie and Kori Robertson ego stroking, the use of religion to sell moderately good music, the ridiculously buffoonish villain, the politicizing of religion, the use of faulty logic as fact...need I go on?

And that's apart from the bad acting, stupid characters and just a general lack of dramatic tension. It could have been a great movie. But nooooooooooooooo...they had to pander the the evangelical right.

And by the way, I don't hate all Christian films. I liked Hardflip, Alone yet not Alone and one of these days I'm going to pick up a copy of Mom's Night Out. But God's Not Dead is fucking awful. I'd really like to see JB review it and rip it to shreds like he did for The Mangler
Can't argue with that, the Left Behind film series is also pretty terrible.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 pm
Producer

I haven't seen it yet, but God's Not Dead looks like such an ignorant depiction of an atheist. The screenwriter should be a shamed of themselves. This had to have been written by a religious zealot.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:07 am
Assistant Director

ilovemovies wrote:
I haven't seen it yet, but God's Not Dead looks like such an ignorant depiction of an atheist. The screenwriter should be a shamed of themselves. This had to have been written by a religious zealot.

You have NO idea. Willie and Kori Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" made cameos. Nuff said.

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

ilovemovies wrote:

Written and acted....

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:12 am
Auteur

moviemkr7 wrote:
ilovemovies wrote:

You have NO idea. Willie and Kori Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" made cameos. Nuff said.

Any movie featuring cameos from any of the morons from the absolute worst reality TV show of all time should be avoided at all costs.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 pm