Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Automatic logout 
Post Automatic logout
hello,
i keep having this problem, i just thought id ask. now if i open 7-8 new threads simultaneously, it, of course, takes a lot of time to read those. and after that if i open something else, im logged out. so is there a time limit in which i have to do something or else that will happen. if so, how can i elongate it?
the same happens when im writing a long post. after i click submit, it asks me to log in. is it something on my end? cuz that doesn't happen with google. so i don't know.

cheers,
aameen

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:09 am
Post Re: Automatic logout
aameen wrote:
hello,
i keep having this problem, i just thought id ask. now if i open 7-8 new threads simultaneously, it, of course, takes a lot of time to read those. and after that if i open something else, im logged out. so is there a time limit in which i have to do something or else that will happen. if so, how can i elongate it?
the same happens when im writing a long post. after i click submit, it asks me to log in. is it something on my end? cuz that doesn't happen with google. so i don't know.

cheers,
aameen

That's a problem that I have yet to experience.

James probably knows whether there's a setting that's controlling this.
Unless it's a setting on your end that's at fault (a privacy setting in your browser perhaps that causes cookies to be deleted very quickly).

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:46 am
Ha! You see someone else does have my logging problems and all you did was laughed when I reported these during beta! Now I have been vindicated ha!

But are you using a dial-up connection aamens cause I do and I think that's my problem.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 am
Trevor wrote:
Unless it's a setting on your end that's at fault (a privacy setting in your browser perhaps that causes cookies to be deleted very quickly).

No, i checked, my cookies are ok. like i said, i dont have that problem with google or youtube or anything.
anyway i can work around it. so its not actually stopping me doing anything, i just thought id report it.

Patrick wrote:
Ha! You see someone else does have my logging problems and all you did was laughed when I reported these during beta! Now I have been vindicated ha!

But are you using a dial-up connection aamens cause I do and I think that's my problem.

no, ive got a broadband connection. and its good hearing someone else sharing my problem. at least now i know im not stupid for missing something and wasting everybody's time.

PS - I'm not a perfume, patrick.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 am
But why do you smell so pretty :D

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 am
Patrick wrote:
But why do you smell so pretty :D

:lol:

seriously, shut the hell up, dude. using the word "pretty" just wont do. the levels of my manliness prohibit it. seriously when you used it, i felt an earthquake because nature was angry at such travesty.

hey, as we are on the feedback forum - whats the difference between :mrgreen: and :D ??? is it that you have to be sick to use :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 am
i am, of course, joking.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 am
Site Admin

I've never had login/logout issues. I was logged in and stuck editing a single post for the entire 3 1/2 hour Oscar show and didn't experience any problems. So, while I can't diagnose the issue, I can say it's not something I have experienced.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:54 am
Profile WWW
No problem here, I am always online, never been disconnected ;)

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 pm
On a later, depressing note, I'm starting to have these exact issues with ReelViews. Now, either James tried to ban me but got bored half way through, or the site is overly sensitive about cookies.

If it's the latter, then perhaps it's an issue on my end, but I would like to know if anyone else experiences these issues. If it's the former, I have this to say (just in case):

Finish what you start, James. Come on, I'm right here! FINISH THE JOB.

LET'S DO THIS, MAN. NO JOKES. JUST PUNCHES. AND A FEW KICKS. AND LOTS OF SCREAMING. YEAH!

Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
On a later, depressing note, I'm starting to have these exact issues with ReelViews. Now, either James tried to ban me but got bored half way through, or the site is overly sensitive about cookies.

If it's the latter, then perhaps it's an issue on my end, but I would like to know if anyone else experiences these issues. If it's the former, I have this to say (just in case):

Finish what you start, James. Come on, I'm right here! FINISH THE JOB.

LET'S DO THIS, MAN. NO JOKES. JUST PUNCHES. AND A FEW KICKS. AND LOTS OF SCREAMING. YEAH!

It happened to me too. Just once, when I wrote a post that took over an hour. Thankfully, I'm very paranoid and hit CTRL+A, CTRL+C before I submit any long posts.

If I had to guess I'd say the cookie is expiring a tad too quickly.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:53 pm