Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 pm

"You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts" 
Post "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts"
Hey guys, I've come across the following message 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks when trying to log in:

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below.

The thing is, I didn't have any failed log-ins. In each case I entered the correct details and when I entered the captcha code it went away. Anyone else experiencing this?

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:26 pm
Post Re: "You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts"
It has happened to me occasionally; I usually get in eventually. I would say just enter in your information more slowly so that you can be sure that it's correct. Failing that, I would try and see if I can reset my password or something.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:39 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Hey guys, I've come across the following message 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks when trying to log in:

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below.

The thing is, I didn't have any failed log-ins. In each case I entered the correct details and when I entered the captcha code it went away. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had that exact same thing happen to me when I was trying to log on to That Guy With the Glasses forum at the library. I got in eventually

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:52 pm
I had this happen over the weekend. Like ed, I didn't even attempt to log on, the message was just there. I just clicked on the "Log In" link at the top of the forum page and that message was there.

It only took me one attempt to successfully sign in, but I thought it was a little weird since I had no failed log in attempts.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:05 pm
This hasn't happened to me yet, but I'll be wary of it.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
I had this happen over the weekend. Like ed, I didn't even attempt to log on, the message was just there. I just clicked on the "Log In" link at the top of the forum page and that message was there.

It only took me one attempt to successfully sign in, but I thought it was a little weird since I had no failed log in attempts.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Quite strange.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:02 pm