Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:27 am

Site Layout Issues 
Post Site Layout Issues
ReelViews used to have various ways to look at the reviews - by year, for example, was a really handy categorisation. At the moment I can't find how to do this... so it seems that one is stuck with going through the Archives, letter by letter, checking off the years...

There's no Forum for site feedback... would you be interested in your forum users giving some usability feedback, Mr. Berardinelli?

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 am
Post Re: Site Layout Issues
I should point out - it is extremely frustrating, to say the least : ).

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:43 am
Also, having reviews categorised by the number of stars they received was helpful too.

I'm guessing these things were removed for "ease" but I think it's painfully obvious that it would be worth the effort of adding the functionality (and requisite meta data) back in... I'm sure trusted forum users would willingly offer their assistance : ).

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:49 am
http://www.reelviews.net/fullsearchpage.php

Not all of the reviews have been ported over to the current site but, for now, things are looking good. The above link allows for searching to be done by year, star-ratings, and more.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:56 am
Seth wrote:
There's no Forum for site feedback... would you be interested in your forum users giving some usability feedback, Mr. Berardinelli?

There is a forum for feedback. You probably couldn't find it because it's called "Forum Feedback":

http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewforum.php?f=42

Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Seth wrote:

There is a forum for feedback. You probably couldn't find it because it's called "Forum Feedback":

I think his issue was more with the website, not with the forum. Not sure where the appropriate place for that would be, but I do know that James is unlikely to see it here.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:25 am
Trevor wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
Seth wrote:

I think his issue was more with the website, not with the forum. Not sure where the appropriate place for that would be, but I do know that James is unlikely to see it here.

My bad...however I still can't think of a better place for site feedback than said forum. James seems to respond to posts there.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:32 pm
Site Admin

The Searches tab opens a world of permutations - none of the functionality of the old lists has been lost; in fact, quite a bit has been gained. The letter-search menu was actually a late add; it wasn't part of the redesign but was among one of the most frequently requested omissions.

The porting goes on. It's a little random as to what I add. All 4-star films have been ported over. It's slow work, but getting there.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm
Profile WWW