Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:12 am

Linking a review to its thread? 
Post Linking a review to its thread?
Would it be difficult to link a movie review or a Reelthoughts to its specific thread? After reading the review for Away We Go I decided to see what the members said about it...only to spend 5 minutes searching for the thread. This would be a useful feature if it isn't too tough to implement.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:15 pm
Post Re: Linking a review to its thread?
That's a very good question since I thought it was supposed to be like that.

*glares at James*

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 pm
So I PM'd James about it and this what he said about the matter.

James Berardinelli wrote:
Two reasons: (1) It's easier for me - I can use a general topic link and don't have to figure out the specific link for each review/topic.
(2) It's possible that specific links could change but it's unlikely that the topic link will change.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 pm
Thanks Patrick. I'm grateful both for your reply and all the work you put into these boards.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Thanks Patrick. I'm grateful both for your reply and all the work you put into these boards.

Yeah..now if I only could get paid doing that or just being awesome, what a life.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 pm
Although I liked the idea of each review linking to its corresponding thread, I would imagine that the majority of traffic on a review's page and the resulting click-throughs to the forum would occur during the first week of release of a film, meaning that the forum thread would still be right near the top of the forum anyway and easy to find.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 am
Trevor wrote:
Although I liked the idea of each review linking to its corresponding thread, I would imagine that the majority of traffic on a review's page and the resulting click-throughs to the forum would occur during the first week of release of a film, meaning that the forum thread would still be right near the top of the forum anyway and easy to find.

I agree, but there will be another (smaller) wave of interest when the movie is available on DVD. At that time it may not be too easy to find.

Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

I watched Taken 2 last night and was interested in reading the review topic. Tried searching and the search comes back with "Ignoring the following words as they are too common: taken".

I don't see why it's so hard to have topic specific links in each review.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:47 am