Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 am

GORILLAS IN THE MIST (1988) 
Site Admin

Post GORILLAS IN THE MIST (1988)
Click here for the review of Gorillas in the Mist (1988)

Part of the "1980s" series.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: GORILLAS IN THE MIST (1988)
You know Sigourney was also nominated for an Oscar for "Working Girl" in 1988.

I think "Gorillas" was the first movie she did after "Aliens" and then she did "Working Girl". Quite a change going from working with slimy creatures to gorillas for this film. :P

I think Sigourney has only gotten better as an actress over the years. With age, experience, and working with different directors she has gotten this maturity that has really shined through in her performances as time goes on. At least that's what I think of her. It's great she's working with James Cameron again for "Avatar".

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 pm
Site Admin

ck100 wrote:

I think "Gorillas" was the first movie she did after "Aliens" and then she did "Working Girl". Quite a change going from working with slimy creatures to gorillas for this film. :P

I think she did one film in between ALIENS and GORILLAS. It was called HALF MOON STREET (or something like that - too lazy to look up the title). It's notable for a nude scene. I remember at the time she made a comment that she decided to do the nude scene after ALIENS because she was in the best shape of her life as a result of doing the Cameron film and didn't think there would ever be a better opportunity to show off her body. The movie was forgettable but the scene was not. :)

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:17 am
Profile WWW
James Berardinelli wrote:
ck100 wrote:

I think she did one film in between ALIENS and GORILLAS. It was called HALF MOON STREET (or something like that - too lazy to look up the title). It's notable for a nude scene. I remember at the time she made a comment that she decided to do the nude scene after ALIENS because she was in the best shape of her life as a result of doing the Cameron film and didn't think there would ever be a better opportunity to show off her body. The movie was forgettable but the scene was not. :)

You're correct on the movie being called "Half Moon Street".

Maybe more actresses need to work with James Cameron. I mean we've seen the bodies of Linda Hamilton and Kate Winslet on full display lest we forget. ;)

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 am
ck100 wrote:
James Berardinelli wrote:
ck100 wrote:

You're correct on the movie being called "Half Moon Street".

Maybe more actresses need to work with James Cameron. I mean we've seen the bodies of Linda Hamilton and Kate Winslet on full display lest we forget. ;)

I'm so glad the Reelviews forum doesn't have any female users outside of about three. You pigs!

According to 'Galaxy Quest', Miss Weaver was WRONG about the staying in shape part. My lord, that hair...

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 pm