Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:00 pm

RIDE ALONG 
Director

Post Re: RIDE ALONG
StatGuy2000 wrote:
All that being said, has Ice T ever actually shot at police in real life, rather than merely rapped about it in his records and music videos? Same question about Ice Cube.

I read his autobiography a couple years ago and he claims he was a street hustler for a while. No words about shooting at cops (and when I said that I meant in his music).

As for Ice Cube, as far as I know, he never was into the whole real gangsta (as opposed to playing one on records). He got into rapping because he realized he'd rather do that than his original career choice (architect).

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:12 am
Producer

The best scene of the movie is when

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Kevin Hart pretends to be the never seen before Omar in order to save a captured Ice Cube

In fact, the last 30 minutes are fairly enjoyable and damn near saves the movie. Up until then it's at times, a real chore to sit through with Kevin Hart being pretty irritating at times. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he's funny, but when he's annoying, he's REALLY annoying.

All in all, the final half hour makes it OKAY though it's definitely a rental or a matinee. Not worth the full price of admission.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:24 am
Auteur

ilovemovies wrote:
The best scene of the movie is when

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Kevin Hart pretends to be the never seen before Omar in order to save a captured Ice Cube

In fact, the last 30 minutes are fairly enjoyable and damn near saves the movie. Up until then it's at times, a real chore to sit through with Kevin Hart being pretty irritating at times. Sometimes he's funny and sometimes he's funny, but when he's annoying, he's REALLY annoying.

All in all, the final half hour makes it OKAY though it's definitely a rental or a matinee. Not worth the full price of admission.

I disagree about Hart, I didn't find him annoying at all, I thought he was absolutely hysterical, especially when he gets his ass kicked by that crazy guy.

The part you mentioned was indeed awesome
[Reveal] Spoiler:
especially when Hart shoots that one guy in the leg and says "how tall am I now? the audience at my theater cheered and laughed hard at that part

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:20 pm