Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:24 am

least anticipated films 2015 
Second Unit Director

Post least anticipated films 2015
Are there any films that you're not looking forward to in 2015.

Mine are:
Seventh Son (the trailers look awful)
Fifty Shades of Grey (shoot me now)
Pitch Perfect 2 (Still looks like Glee goes to college)
Magic Mike XXL (Who truly knows)
Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 (Why make four)

Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:19 pm
Auteur

Post Re: least anticipated films 2015
Fifty Shades of Grey, looks absolutely dreadful, i'd be very surprised if JB actually reviews it, and even more surprised if he gives it more then half a star.

Don't really have anything against the others, though Magic Mike and Pitch Perfect seem like really odd choices for films to make sequels to.

Seventh Son looks very mediocre, it was actually supposed to come out last year, but production problems forced it to be delayed.

Also Paddington looks fucking awful.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:35 pm
Director

Pretty much everything getting released these first 4 months. :P

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:47 pm
Director

I dunno. Usually, if I'm not looking forward to a film I'll put it out of my mind. So right now I can't think of one. But I will agree that Magic Mike is a weird movie to sequelize.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 pm
Second Unit Director

Most of them.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:21 pm
Producer

I'm actually kind of curious about 50 Shades of Grey. I hope it's good. Movies seem to be more timid these days when it comes to sex and nudity. We don't get movies like Basic Instinct anymore. So for that reason alone I''m very curious. Yes, it's origins are dubious to say the least. The fact that it began it's life as Twilight fanfiction doesn't exactly strike me with confidence. But then again, Dakota Johnson is hot. Even if the movie is bad, with the amount of sex it'll supposedly have, at least it won't be boring and I'll be able to oogle over her nakedness. ;) :D

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:31 am
Director

Pitch Perfect 2 doesn't look half bad, although I haven't seen the first one. And I liked Glee until the soap opera got to be too much for me.

Paddington--well, if Vexer and I both agree that a movie looks like crap, run for the hills.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:25 am
Producer

Paddington is actually getting really good reviews. I just may have to check it out.

Movies that are either meh looking or look bad:

Seventh Son - despite the presence of Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore, I can't muster any excitement for this movie.

Cinderella - I liked it better the first time I saw a live action version of this story when it was called Ever After. This movie does have Cate Blanchett in it, and I love and adore her. She's one of my favorites, but not even her presence can make me think anything of this movie.

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension

Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - I hated the first one, why would I think this would be any better?

The Transporter Legacy - A Transporter movie without Jason Statham doesn't interest me in the least.

Magic Mike XXL - Probably only for women and gay men.

Pan - I was really looking forward to this actually until I saw the trailer. Now I'm not.

Point Break remake/reboot - I was kind of interested in it when it was set to star Gerard Butler. I think he would have been a good choice to replace Patrick Swayze. Now not so much into this. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see a trailer though. Who knows.

Ant-Man: Stupid concept, meh trailer.

The Fantastic Four - Meh. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see a trailer though.

Sinister 2 - The first one was pretty mediocre. Why would like a forward to a sequel?

Maze Runner 2 - Again, didn't like the first one. Not expecting the sequel to be any better.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 am
Auteur

Transporter Legacy sounds cool, though i'm unsure about Statham's replacement.

Liked the first Paul Blart well enough and i'm not opposed to a sequel, probably won't see it in theaters but will definitely see it on DVD.

So sick of the PA franchise, it's even worse then Saw, every single film manages to outdo the previous one in terms of suckitude, and I sincerely hope the latest one flops.

Very interested in the Point Break remake.

Ant Man's concept is not stupid at all, it's more interesting then the traditional superhero story, so i'm intrigued to see what's done with the material.

Sinister was asinine, definitely overrated and not scary at all, so that's one film that I did not want a sequel to in the least.

First Maze Runner was OK, sequel definitely has some potential.

Interested in the new Fantastic Four film, hopefully it will stand out more then the rather average 2005 film.

Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:08 am