Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice (2016) 
Assistant Director

Post Re: Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice (2016)
Superman takes the ALS Bucket challenge (off the movie)

Attachments:
Superman ALS Bucket Challenge.JPG
Superman ALS Bucket Challenge.JPG [ 40.58 KiB | Viewed 809 times ]

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

From the 9 unnamed DC movie dates that Warner Bros announced recently , then these seem the ones that should come first (Not necessarily in order):

JusticeLeagueFilm.com

ShazamMovie.com

WonderWomanTheMovie.com

AquamanMovie.com

As they just registered those Internet domains

Source

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Zac Snider just tweeted a real picture of the Batmobile

Click here to see it in full glory

Attachments:
Batmobile.JPG
Batmobile.JPG [ 47.71 KiB | Viewed 713 times ]

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Producer

I hope this film is more comprehensible than your average Snyder mindfuck!

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:21 am
Director

A turret on the Batmobile, eh? I think this article explains why it's a horrible idea and why this movie will probably end up like just another blow-em-up extravaganza.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:48 pm
Auteur

KWRoss wrote:
A turret on the Batmobile, eh? I think this article explains why it's a horrible idea and why this movie will probably end up like just another blow-em-up extravaganza.

That article was very poorly written, I really don't see how a turret on the batmobile is a "horrible" idea at all :?

Personally I think it's an awesome idea, and I don't see anything wrong with the film being a "blow-up- extravaganza", as long it's entertaining that's all that really matters to me.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:04 pm
Second Unit Director

Vexer wrote:
KWRoss wrote:

That article was very poorly written, I really don't see how a turret on the batmobile is a "horrible" idea at all :?

Personally I think it's an awesome idea, and I don't see anything wrong with the film being a "blow-up- extravaganza", as long it's entertaining that's all that really matters to me.

What about the more general point of the article of Batman having the technology available not to kill people? At least as far as I can tell, from the Burton and Nolan films and the DC comics that I'm familiar with (don't even mention the Joel Schumacher's films! :x ), all of the gadgetry that Batman possessed was specifically tailored to non-lethally "take out" the villains, as Batman followed a strict moral code of not killing if at all possible. Having a turret on the Batmobile seems to go against that.

But then again, maybe Snyder is being consistent with Frank Miller's vision of Batman in the comics that he had penned -- perhaps those more familiar with them can comment?

Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:26 pm
Assistant Director

At this point where I have not seen it in action what I can say is that it is a much lighter version of Frank Miller's batmobile (See attached picture) which is the material that in part is inspiring this film. Now I still trust in the combination of a smart script from Chris Terrio (Oscar's winner writer) adapting this story and the visuals craftsmanship of Zac Snyder can produce a good film. Now, I am personally more excited in the "Dawn of Justice" bit of this movie which relates to the rises of the Justice League ;)

Attachments:
Miller Batmobile.jpg
Miller Batmobile.jpg [ 34.82 KiB | Viewed 642 times ]

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Producer

KWRoss wrote:

Oh great Ross, are we ready to start this shit again? Here we go. You haven't seen the movie yet, neither you nor anyone else has any idea how the weapon will be used in the actual film. The guy who wrote that article doesn't have the slightest clue of what he's talking about, and neither do you.

By the way, I'm actually kind of looking forward to Interstellar at this point. Intrigues me a lot more than anything else coming out the rest of this year.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:57 pm
Auteur

It does seem silly for people to obsess over the most minute and trivial details of this film.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:42 am
Producer

Vexer wrote:
It does seem silly for people to obsess over the most minute and trivial details of this film.

After it's out, people can obsess over the trivial details of it til kingdom come, and it may lead to many interesting discussions. But trying to do so a year and a half in advance does seem silly to me.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:45 am
Producer

If Snyder treats it broadly like Watchmen, whilst ironing out a few flaws.

If so, it could be great. Cavill is a very good actor

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:05 pm
Assistant Director

Like this fan poster about The Justice League Film.

Wonder who will play The Flash and Green Lantern :ugeek:

Yeah I know that it is far away but I can't stop myself wondering HaHa

Attachments:
Justice League Fan Poster.JPG
Justice League Fan Poster.JPG [ 54.44 KiB | Viewed 548 times ]

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Batmobile on the road and seen from different angles here

Attachments:
Snyder Batmobile.JPG
Snyder Batmobile.JPG [ 42.05 KiB | Viewed 470 times ]

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:04 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Ben Affleck interview with Live with Kelly & Michael (only ~ 2minutes related to Batman v Superman)

Quote:
I have been getting bigger, yeah”, he told the hosts. “I have been working out a lot. These are not roles that you can do and not exercise for. Audiences have now increasing expectations. Like, in the 50s, you could just be like Burt Lancaster and tall. That was ok, but now you see guys like Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans and all these guys whose bodies are just, you think, ‘How is that even possible?’ Exercising is as much a part of the job as the rest of it.

Quote:
"I asked them, ‘What about taking the suit home at the end of the thing?’" said Affleck. "And they said, ‘For $100k.’ And I said, ‘Well maybe I’ll just take a picture …’

Attachments:
Ben Affleck.JPG
Ben Affleck.JPG [ 44.4 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

MGamesCook wrote:
KWRoss wrote:

Oh great Ross, are we ready to start this shit again? Here we go. You haven't seen the movie yet, neither you nor anyone else has any idea how the weapon will be used in the actual film. The guy who wrote that article doesn't have the slightest clue of what he's talking about, and neither do you.

The whole point of that article seemed to be illustrating how much Snyder is willing to do away with integral parts of the characters he is portraying when making his films. Superman never believed in killing and was in fact more strict in his morals than Batman (hence the nickname of "big blue boy scout" that other characters hung on him in the comics). Then came Man of Steel, where he did in fact commit this act, likely just so that Snyder could add more gravitas to the climax. Now comes the new film, and it is going to feature a Batmobile that is openly armed with a weapon that is likely only used for killing targets. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Snyder is basically a one-dimensional director- his films are good for the eye candy, but never for their (non-existent) depth.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:54 pm
Auteur

Ragnarok73 wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:
KWRoss wrote:

The whole point of that article seemed to be illustrating how much Snyder is willing to do away with integral parts of the characters he is portraying when making his films. Superman never believed in killing and was in fact more strict in his morals than Batman (hence the nickname of "big blue boy scout" that other characters hung on him in the comics). Then came Man of Steel, where he did in fact commit this act, likely just so that Snyder could add more gravitas to the climax. Now comes the new film, and it is going to feature a Batmobile that is openly armed with a weapon that is likely only used for killing targets. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Snyder is basically a one-dimensional director- his films are good for the eye candy, but never for their (non-existent) depth.

You don't know for sure that Superman "believes" in killing, for all we know he was merely trying to subdue Zod at the end and killed him by accident.

I still think people are nitpicking over this film WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO much.

I don't think Snyder is "one-dimensional" at all and I think his films have plenty of "depth".

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm
Cinematographer

Vexer wrote:
You don't know for sure that Superman "believes" in killing, for all we know he was merely trying to subdue Zod at the end and killed him by accident.

Feel free to sift through the comics *prior* to MoS and find the instances where Superman deliberately killed people, even villains. Alternate continuities (such as "What if?" scenarios and that video game Injustice: Gods Among Us which takes place in an alternate universe) do not count.

Vexer wrote:
I still think people are nitpicking over this film WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO much.

I don't think that it can be considered "nitpicking" when we are discussing a key part of someone's character, especially when it involves an act that has always had huge moral weight.

Vexer wrote:
I don't think Snyder is "one-dimensional" at all and I think his films have plenty of "depth".

To each his own. I think Snyder isn't going to anything to stem the momentum that Marvel has been building with their films, even if this film ends up making a profit.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm
Producer

Quote:
Feel free to sift through the comics *prior* to MoS and find the instances where Superman deliberately killed people, even villains. Alternate continuities (such as "What if?" scenarios and that video game Injustice: Gods Among Us which takes place in an alternate universe) do not count.

Feel free to not go and see this movie when it comes out, saving yourself $10 at least. Personally, sure I've railed against The Avengers for 2.5 years now. But the thing is, I haven't seen any of the four "phase 2" movies that have come out since, and I never plan to watch those in my life or any subsequent Marvel films of the future. If you have such a big problem with Man of Steel, do yourself a favor and just don't see the sequels.

Quote:
I don't think that it can be considered "nitpicking" when we are discussing a key part of someone's character, especially when it involves an act that has always had huge moral weight.

Snyder challenges the way we perceive the character. Some may prefer to see a cookie cutter, Disneyfied version of Superman. Not me and, thankfully, not Snyder. Zack Snyder is the director. It's Zack Snyder's film. I want to see Snyder make films that are as much his own as he can. When he starts catering to these obstinate "purists," who love to pretend that they actually have power over what kind of movies get made, I'll be very disappointed and may lose interest in the series altogether.

Quote:
I think Snyder isn't going to anything to stem the momentum that Marvel has been building with their films, even if this film ends up making a profit.

Wait, momentum? Vexer was talking about depth. What do you mean here? Momentum strictly in financial terms? Yeah, Marvel has had a lot of business momentum. So has Apple. So has Netflix. So has Taylor Swift. If you want to define the quality of a film by how much corporate growth surrounds it or results from it, then I guess Marvel does the trick. Snyder reaches for something more than that, which is why I remain pretty excited to see Batman v Superman.

Gun turret on the batmobile? Cool, I'm excited to see what role it plays in the film.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 pm
Auteur

Ragnarok73 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Vexer wrote:

Vexer wrote:

To each his own. I think Snyder isn't going to anything to stem the momentum that Marvel has been building with their films, even if this film ends up making a profit.

When I mentioned nitpicking, I wasn't referring to Superman, I was refering to the guns on the Batmobile, that sounds like a really lame nitpick to me.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:08 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next