Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next
General Movie News 
Producer

Post Re: General Movie News
That sucks. I was really looking forward to that movie. Although I have to say, somebody should make a documentary about the making of the movie. It'd be every bit as dramatic as the movie itself.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:49 am
Director

Richard Linklater's Boyhood Trailer.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:18 pm
Assistant Director

I was prepared to come in here and prattle on about Linklater's false-sounding dialogue and how he just condensed the idea that Truffaut had with Antoine Doinel into a single movie but I'll instead just say the movie looks incredible and the concept is incredible and I really want to see it. Because it looks entirely incredible to me and I really want to see it.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:33 pm
Director

Ben-Hur remake set for February 2016 release. Might be alright. From the director of Wanted and Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Not a big fan of the original. Definitely room for improvement, especially making it shorter.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 am
Producer

MGamesCook wrote:
Ben-Hur remake set for February 2016 release. Might be alright. From the director of Wanted and Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Not a big fan of the original. Definitely room for improvement, especially making it shorter.

There's a silent version that's well worth watching. I rather liked Wanted but it doesn't give me much confidence that he could do a good Ben-Hur.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:04 am
Auteur

Syd Henderson wrote:
MGamesCook wrote:

There's a silent version that's well worth watching. I rather liked Wanted but it doesn't give me much confidence that he could do a good Ben-Hur.

I have zero interest in the remake, Wanted was good, but Vampire Hunter was absolutely horrid.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 am
Producer

Not exactly news... but everything was news at some point, wasn't it?

Matt Zoller Seitz (current EIC at Ebert.com and all-around good critic) leads off a discussion about John Williams, with the audacious premise that the music of the Star Wars prequels represents his greatest conceptual achievement.

I'm not quite sure I concur, although the music is easily the strongest element of those movies, and I think it's clear that Williams has never stopped learning or challenging himself.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 pm
Director

Ken wrote:
Not exactly news... but everything was news at some point, wasn't it?

Matt Zoller Seitz (current EIC at Ebert.com and all-around good critic) leads off a discussion about John Williams, with the audacious premise that the music of the Star Wars prequels represents his greatest conceptual achievement.

I'm not quite sure I concur, although the music is easily the strongest element of those movies, and I think it's clear that Williams has never stopped learning or challenging himself.

True, I thought his music for Tintin and War Horse was top of form and memorable.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm
Director

Weinstein's at it again. Even if the movie turns out not well (from some word-of-mouth a likely possibility), it's still good more directors are standing up to him in regards to chopping and adding.

And just in time after Ken finished the book, the extended trailer for The Fault in Our Stars.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:14 am
Second Unit Director

Holy fucking Star Wars cast!

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/star- ... 6/?_r=true

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Steven wrote:

Oh wow, actually pretty fantastic and interesting cast. Somehow I thought they would have more newcomers, not just Daisy Ridley.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:20 pm
Director

And heh, now Inside Llweyn Davis is some serious Star Wars preshadowing.

OUTER. SPAAAAACE.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm
Director

Japanese trailer of Godzilla reveals quite a bit more of the plot than the American trailers

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67110

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:26 pm
Cinematographer

Crazy story. The real-life Bernie of Bernie may be released from prison as early as next week, on the condition that he seeks psychiatric help and lives with Richard Linklater.

http://thedissolve.com/news/2171-bernie-update/

Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Director

Hugh Jackman interviews his younger self. Really liked it. If nothing else, good to know that he thinks highly of The Fountain and The Prestige, and I also loved his answer concerning Movie 43.

Wed May 07, 2014 1:18 pm
Cinematographer

Blonde Almond wrote:
Crazy story. The real-life Bernie of Bernie may be released from prison as early as next week, on the condition that he seeks psychiatric help and lives with Richard Linklater.

http://thedissolve.com/news/2171-bernie-update/

So, so weird. Aside from the general oddness involved in the legal case, why does he have to live with Linklater? Like, how does that even come about as an option? Linklater had to get involved somehow, right? All of it baffles me.

Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 pm
Director

'Spring Breakers’ Sequel in the Works

Quote:
“Spring break forever” indeed — Wild Bunch is working on a “Spring Breakers” sequel, the production company has confirmed.

“Spring Breakers: The Second Coming” won’t feature the same cast (Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco) as the first installment, but will instead showcase a new group of girls battling against a group of militant Christians trying to convert them.

The first film garnered a bit of a cult following, and grossed $31 million worldwide. Reviews were mixed, but Franco’s performance as Alien was especially praised.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sprin ... 201173121/

Wed May 07, 2014 1:48 pm
Director

Quote:
A few months ago the first teaser trailer for Christopher Nolan's new film Interstellar was released. It hardly gave us anything to go off of, which was great. I honestly don't want them to show any more than that. I think they should shroud this movie in mystery until its release. Of course, that's not going to happen because the studio is going to want to entice audiences to go see the movie.

The Washington Post reports that a full 2 minute, 54 second trailer for the movie will be attached to next week's release of Godzilla.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57159457/

Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm
Auteur

calvero wrote:
'Spring Breakers’ Sequel in the Works

Quote:
“Spring break forever” indeed — Wild Bunch is working on a “Spring Breakers” sequel, the production company has confirmed.

“Spring Breakers: The Second Coming” won’t feature the same cast (Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco) as the first installment, but will instead showcase a new group of girls battling against a group of militant Christians trying to convert them.

The first film garnered a bit of a cult following, and grossed $31 million worldwide. Reviews were mixed, but Franco’s performance as Alien was especially praised.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sprin ... 201173121/

Sounds killer.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:43 pm
Director

Full Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer.

Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next