Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:42 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next
General Movie News 
Author Message
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
Well i'm sorry, but this story sounds very fishy to me and i'm just not convinced that these allegations are in any way true.


Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:26 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
Well i'm sorry, but this story sounds very fishy to me and i'm just not convinced that these allegations are in any way true.


That's more than fine man, but that's not what you said. You said the claims were

Quote:
baseless and utter nonsense


which is saying that you are convinced they are not true.


Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
Well i'm sorry, but this story sounds very fishy to me and i'm just not convinced that these allegations are in any way true.


That's more than fine man, but that's not what you said. You said the claims were

Quote:
baseless and utter nonsense


which is saying that you are convinced they are not true.

and your point is? :?


Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:48 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
and your point is? :?


My point is simple: say what you mean and stick with it. Also, have at least a basic understanding of abuse and reporting abuse before you dismiss those who report it. Couldn't you shift some of your overflowing empathy for Lindsay Lohan onto potential rape victims?


Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
and your point is? :?


My point is simple: say what you mean and stick with it. Also, have at least a basic understanding of abuse and reporting abuse before you dismiss those who report it. Couldn't you shift some of your overflowing empathy for Lindsay Lohan onto potential rape victims?

Don't really see why you're going off-topic here by bringing that up, as it has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but in my opinion these allegations sound every bit as shady as all those allegations against Michael Jackson. If it is true then the victim has my sympatheties, if not, then I hope he gets countersued for everything he has.


Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 pm
Profile
Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 am
Posts: 1198
Location: Laurel, MD
Post Re: General Movie News
As always with these cases, I assume innocent until proven guilty. On the one hand, it does smell a little like it could be a way to cash in on the part of the accuser (ex: a post-Sandusky controversy, where Syracuse men's basketball assistant coach Bernie Fine was accused of sexual abuse but it turned out to be completely made-up). On the other hand, shame keeps a majority of abuse victims quiet for a long time, so it makes perfect sense as to why they would wait so long.

Days of Future Past is still my most anticipated movie of the summer regardless of any of this. Thankfully, this is a superhero movie based on enormously popular source material, and the characters usually take center stage over the director. On May 23, it'll just be me and the screen with nothing coming between it.

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/ken.rossman.5


Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:36 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but in my opinion these allegations sound every bit as shady as all those allegations against Michael Jackson. If it is true then the victim has my sympatheties, if not, then I hope he gets countersued for everything he has


Have you researched the Jackson stuff? The Jordan Chandler case is as far from shady as I can imagine: Jackson clearly molested that kid and there's just no logic to explain otherwise.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just pointing out, quite fairly I believe, the absurdity that you have already made up your mind about this based on almost nothing. You're not saying "who knows?," you're saying that it's just not true.


Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:46 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but in my opinion these allegations sound every bit as shady as all those allegations against Michael Jackson. If it is true then the victim has my sympatheties, if not, then I hope he gets countersued for everything he has


Have you researched the Jackson stuff? The Jordan Chandler case is as far from shady as I can imagine: Jackson clearly molested that kid and there's just no logic to explain otherwise.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just pointing out, quite fairly I believe, the absurdity that you have already made up your mind about this based on almost nothing. You're not saying "who knows?," you're saying that it's just not true.

Yeah I did research it and no Jackson didn't "clearly" molest that kid, Jordan himself confessed that he lied about being molested because his father forced him into doing so:

http://globalgrind.com/2009/06/27/jordan-chandler-mj-did-not-molest-me-i-lied/


Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:29 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm
Posts: 251
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Post Re: General Movie News
A recent update from AP, in which Bryan Singer's lawyer claims that credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that Singer was not in Hawaii when the lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year old took there (back in 1999).

http://www.rr.com/articles/2014/04/18/l ... n-mid-1999

I'm not sure what to make of this, but does raise questions about the credibility of the plaintiff in the lawsuit.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:25 am
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
StatGuy2000 wrote:
A recent update from AP, in which Bryan Singer's lawyer claims that credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that Singer was not in Hawaii when the lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year old took there (back in 1999).

http://www.rr.com/articles/2014/04/18/l ... n-mid-1999

I'm not sure what to make of this, but does raise questions about the credibility of the plaintiff in the lawsuit.

Very interesting, dosen't surprise me one bit.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2725
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
and your point is? :?


My point is simple: say what you mean and stick with it. Also, have at least a basic understanding of abuse and reporting abuse before you dismiss those who report it. Couldn't you shift some of your overflowing empathy for Lindsay Lohan onto potential rape victims?


I'm sorry if you don't agree with me, but in my opinion these allegations sound every bit as shady as all those allegations against Michael Jackson.



:lol: :lol:

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:08 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 2157
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
StatGuy2000 wrote:
A recent update from AP, in which Bryan Singer's lawyer claims that credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that Singer was not in Hawaii when the lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year old took there (back in 1999).

http://www.rr.com/articles/2014/04/18/l ... n-mid-1999

I'm not sure what to make of this, but does raise questions about the credibility of the plaintiff in the lawsuit.

Very interesting, dosen't surprise me one bit.

Of course it doesn't.

_________________
The temptation is to like what you should like--not what you do like... another temptation is to come up with an interesting reason for liking it that may not actually be the reason you like it.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Ken wrote:
Vexer wrote:
Very interesting, dosen't surprise me one bit.

Of course it doesn't.


I'm intrigued by the notion that it can be simultaneously unsurprising and very interesting. It's like going out on a sunny day and saying, "Well of course the sky is blue to match this sunny day... very interesting."


Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:13 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
NotHughGrant-Exactly how is what I said about Michael Jackson funny? The media was horrible in how they demonized him as a deranged lunatic and flat-out lied about many details of the case:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson


Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:29 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant-Exactly how is what I said about Michael Jackson funny? The media was horrible in how they demonized him as a deranged lunatic and flat-out lied about many details of the case:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson


The fact that the media demonized him and lied has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or not. Many people (myself, and presumably NotHughDancyEither) believe that Jackson was perpetually abusing young boys. Personally I can't understand how anyone can look at the breadth of the facts and come to any sort of sympathy for Jackson or believe nothing abusive occurred.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
Shade2 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
NotHughGrant-Exactly how is what I said about Michael Jackson funny? The media was horrible in how they demonized him as a deranged lunatic and flat-out lied about many details of the case:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson


The fact that the media demonized him and lied has nothing to do with whether he's guilty or not. Many people (myself, and presumably NotHughDancyEither) believe that Jackson was perpetually abusing young boys. Personally I can't understand how anyone can look at the breadth of the facts and come to any sort of sympathy for Jackson or believe nothing abusive occurred.

Did you miss the part where I linked the article of Jordan confessing that he lied about MJ molesting him?(not to mention he got himself legally emancipated from his parents, who were the ones who started the whole crusade against Jackson in the first place as a means to get money, Jordan's father even bragged about it over the phone) :roll: Also did you notice the parts in the Wikipedia section I linked which noted that numerous times the kids were FORCED into testifying by police despite their insistence that nothing happened?

There's plenty of people who don't believe MJ was in any way abusive to those kids and i'm one of them, Dave Chappelle summed it up pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-wxw_vxMcg

Personally I can't understand how anyone would blindly believe that Jackson abused kids when there's virtually no evidence to suggest it :roll:


Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile
Producer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am
Posts: 2725
Location: Lancashire, England.
Post Re: General Movie News
What about the $30 or so million dollars he spent buying silence?

_________________
... because I'm a wild animal


Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
NotHughGrant wrote:
What about the $30 or so million dollars he spent buying silence?

He wasn't "buying silence", a settlement is NOT automatically an admission of guilt.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:28 pm
Profile
Second Unit Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am
Posts: 445
Post Re: General Movie News
Vexer wrote:
Did you miss the part where I linked the article of Jordan confessing that he lied about MJ molesting him?(not to mention he got himself legally emancipated from his parents, who were the ones who started the whole crusade against Jackson in the first place as a means to get money, Jordan's father even bragged about it over the phone) Also did you notice the parts in the Wikipedia section I linked which noted that numerous times the kids were FORCED into testifying by police despite their insistence that nothing happened?


Again, some lies don't make the whole thing untrue. Also, what's your explanation for the fact that Jordan was able to accurately describe Jackson's genitals?

Vexer wrote:
Personally I can't understand how anyone would blindly believe that Jackson abused kids when there's virtually no evidence to suggest it


Please explain how, exactly I am blindly doing anything. Please. I'll wait. If you can't, then quit using the word when it doesn't apply. You can disagree all you want, man, that's the whole point of the forum. But I'm allowed to as well, and ignorantly accusing me of arriving at my conclusions blindly, with absolutely no evidence or backup for using that term, is akin to just calling me stupid. The constant eye-rolls also make it hard to believe you are interested in actual discussion. You choose to take things personally, but you're the only one leveling personal attacks.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile
Auteur
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 4023
Location: Zion, IL
Post Re: General Movie News
I'm not taking anything "personally" here and i'm sorry if my use of emoticons bothers you, but if you don't like it then oh well, I really don't know what to tell you, it's not my problem if you don't agree with what i'm saying. :mrgreen:

So the victim himself confessing that he lied isn't good enough for you? What on earth what would Jordan have to gain from lying about lying? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever :?

As for the whole "Jordan describing Jackson's gentals" thing, reports vary on whether or not the photographs actually corroborated with Evan Chandler's accusations. Also according to one private investigator, Jordan denied that he ever saw Jackson's body and said that he only lifted his shirt once to show him the blotches on his skin.


Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 881 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 45  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MGamesCook and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr