Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next
General Movie News 
Director

Post Re: General Movie News
yeah came in here to see about that too. Everyone on twitter is on holding to see if anyone other than TMZ reported it. Still, although TMZ is not the most.. "good" source of stuff, usually their news are accurate?

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 pm
Director

No, it's a hoax. Not a very funny one :?

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:54 pm
Director

At least, I found a link that says it's a hoax...

http://en.mediamass.net/people/paul-wal ... hhoax.html

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:56 pm
Director

Still no confirmation, but @Bumbleward on twitter who's a close friend of his rep said it's a not a hoax...

Now Variety's reporting it, but still uses "according to tmz"

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm
Second Unit Director

I'm calling it that Paul Walker's dead...apparently it's been confirmed by his rep and a lot of people are tweeting condolences.

EDIT: The official Paul Walker Facebook page confirms his death.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 pm
Director

Quote:
Walker has been taking people on test drives of the car at a car show to raise money for victims of the typhoon in the Philippines, TMZ reported. 

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z2mBmPjTai

That really sucks :cry: . RIP.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:20 pm
Director

:cry:

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:24 pm
Director

Ah, but there is a silver lining. Cook, I know you love PAWN SHOP CHRONICLES and believe it's a hidden treasure of sorts. Maybe now more will discover it due to Walker's presence?

Nonetheless, RIP Mr. Walker.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 pm
Director

:cry: Don't think Fast 7 will be in great shape. I can say that Pawn Shop and Running Scared are two of my favorite films of the past 10 years. Fast Furious films have some of the best action, and Takers was pretty good too. RIP

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 pm
Second Unit Director

:|

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Second Unit Director

Actually, there's a good question about Fast and Furious 7 as in, what happens now? Did they finish filming? I doubt it? Do they go the Heath Ledger route in that Terry gilliam movie whose name I don't feel like spelling where they put in every scrap of Paul Walker film and hope for the best? Or do they go The Crow route with stunt doubles and CGI masks?

I don't think scraping the film is an option....though the franchise may be over after this one.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:39 pm
Second Unit Director

patrick wrote:
Actually, there's a good question about Fast and Furious 7 as in, what happens now? Did they finish filming? I doubt it? Do they go the Heath Ledger route in that Terry gilliam movie whose name I don't feel like spelling where they put in every scrap of Paul Walker film and hope for the best? Or do they go The Crow route with stunt doubles and CGI masks?

I don't think scraping the film is an option....though the franchise may be over after this one.

Filming began in September, so there's a good chance that they're almost done and Fast 7 will be mostly unaffected.

As for the future of the franchise, this could work from a narrative standpoint. The franchise has been pushing the family theme recently and Fast 8 could be the "Everybody's Really Pissed Off That a Member of the Family (Brian) Died" movie.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Director

At one time in my very young age, Joy Ride was one of my top 3 favorite movies. He drew crazy sympathy in that. He was also the first one to see color in Pleasantville. And I know he didn't give dynamic performances in F&F, but his presence adds to the films and are alway welcome. In fact, I think I managed to watch 2Fast2Furious to the end because of him as one of the reasons. Just a few days ago, the new F&F's footage leaked which I posted in this thread, and it was of the gang, including him, attending a funeral. Uncomfortable yet also very sad now that it's what I last saw of him before this news.

Again, RIP.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:49 pm
Second Unit Director

Paul Walker is a huge reason, maybe even the reason, that The Fast and the Furious is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies ever. This is all just very sad.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Cinematographer

peng wrote:
He was also the first one to see color in Pleasantville.

I completely forgot that was him.

Sad news for sure. I've never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies, but he was terrific in Running Scared, and even in a thankless role like the one he had in Eight Below, he still managed to make a positive impression.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Producer

Very shocking and sad news. I'm truly saddened to hear of Walker's passing. I was a big fan of his.

I know a lot of people will say that they go to the F&F movies for the cars and chases but personally, I wouldn't be such a fan of the franchise if I didn't like the characters so much. Watching future Fast and Furious movies without Walker just won't be the same. In fact, Brian was actually always my favorite character in the franchise.

RIP :(

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:26 am
Auteur

Holy fuck! this is just horrible, I don't even know how to react to this.

If the series does continue, I hope his character dosen't get killed off, as I think would be too painful for the rest of the cast to act out, and i'm sure audiences wouldn't want to relive his death all over again next year. My best hope is that Fast 7 is finished enough so that he dosen't have to be depicted with CGI or a body-double and that his character is said to be "retired" from the lifestyle at the end of the film, that way he could be written out of the series fairly neatly.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 am
Director

Just one opinion, but here's a first reaction to Wolf of Wall Street, from a critic I follow on twitter:

"I don't know how Martin Scorsese still finds new things to do in filmmaking, but he does. Mind blown. There is a sequence in Wolf of Wall Street that is some of Leo and Scorsese's best work ever. Huge applause mid-screening. The real question is who Leo is bumping from a tight best actor race. Cuz he's getting nominated."

An NC-17 sequence maybe ;) ?

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:44 am
Assistant Director

peng wrote:
Just one opinion, but here's a first reaction to Wolf of Wall Street, from a critic I follow on twitter:
"I don't know how Martin Scorsese still finds new things to do in filmmaking, but he does. Mind blown. There is a sequence in Wolf of Wall Street that is some of Leo and Scorsese's best work ever. Huge applause mid-screening. The real question is who Leo is bumping from a tight best actor race. Cuz he's getting nominated."
An NC-17 sequence maybe ;) ?

Well we won't be seeing it if it is... at least not until the inevitable "unrated" Blu-ray release.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/wolf- ... ng-2013-11
http://www.theindychannel.com/entertain ... g_53938689

Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:57 pm
Director

Re: Paul Walker -- most ironic celebrity death since John Denver. :| It's hardly a severe blow to the acting world (he was always a bland pretty boy jock, as far as I was concerned; interchangeable with Channing Tatum, Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans :P ). Nonetheless, my condolences to his friends and family.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 38  Next