Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Movies 2015 
Assistant Director

Post Re: Movies 2015
unwindfilms wrote:
Interesting pics (one attached) from the new Mad Max : Fury Road

Quote:
George Miller wasn’t kidding when he told us back in 2012, “He’s a rebooted Mad Max, but it’s a new interpretation.” So clearly taking some elements from the original films, but not all of them. Pretty intriguing stuff and quickly becoming the most anticipated blockbuster of next year. A teaser trailer will be revealed next week at Comic-Con and that likely means it’ll be online shortly thereafter.

Yeah, but it's another remake!

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:42 am
Profile WWW
Auteur

moviemkr7 wrote:
unwindfilms wrote:
Interesting pics (one attached) from the new Mad Max : Fury Road

Quote:
George Miller wasn’t kidding when he told us back in 2012, “He’s a rebooted Mad Max, but it’s a new interpretation.” So clearly taking some elements from the original films, but not all of them. Pretty intriguing stuff and quickly becoming the most anticipated blockbuster of next year. A teaser trailer will be revealed next week at Comic-Con and that likely means it’ll be online shortly thereafter.

Yeah, but it's another remake!

Technically it's a sequel as it follows the same story only with a different actor then originally planned, regardless of what it is i'm very excited to see it.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:21 am
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:
Technically it's a sequel as it follows the same story only with a different actor then originally planned, regardless of what it is i'm very excited to see it.

Just won't be the same without Mel Gibson. I would have much preferred they made a movie with the same setting and a new character (and retaining Mad Max canon), than continuing the story of Max played by a different actor. Mad Max is an iconic character and will always be Mel Gibson. I mean imagine rebooting the original Star Trek with Kirk still as the lead but without William Shatner... oh wait. Well, imagine rebooting Conan the Barbarian with Conan still as the lead but without Schwarzenegger... oh wait. Errr, ok. Just ignore everything I just said.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:23 am
Auteur

nitrium wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Just won't be the same without Mel Gibson. I would have much preferred they made a movie with the same setting and a new character (and retaining Mad Max canon), than continuing the story of Max played by a different actor. Mad Max is an iconic character and will always be Mel Gibson. I mean imagine rebooting the original Star Trek with Kirk still as the lead but without William Shatner... oh wait. Well, imagine rebooting Conan the Barbarian with Conan still as the lead but without Schwarzenegger... oh wait. Errr, ok. Just ignore everything I just said.

I personally don't think Gibson is irreplacable and I was perfectly fine with the Star Trek reboots as well(the Conan reboot sucked though), Hardy's a great actor and i'm sure he'll do well as Max.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:43 pm
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:
I personally don't think Gibson is irreplacable and I was perfectly fine with the Star Trek reboots as well(the Conan reboot sucked though), Hardy's a great actor and i'm sure he'll do well as Max.

I'm sure you're right. I just wish he was playing a character other than Max. Would that really have any effect on the film? I think not. You could still call it "Mad Max" without him in it - e.g. Bourne Legacy didn't have Matt Damon OR Jason Bourne in it, I for one was fine with that since it continued the story while retaining Bourne canon and avoided the suspension of disbelief hurdle a new Jason Bourne would have caused (well it would have for me).

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:25 pm
Assistant Director

Teaser of Mad Max : Road Fury in Comic-Con

Quote:
But it was Mad Max: Fury Road that turned out to be the pleasant surprise. George Miller, the original and only Mad Max director, is reprising his vision in a way that sent wave after wave of tingles through Hall H. Brutal, dusty, and terrifyingly apocalyptic, the extended reel showed Max's escape from captivity and first meeting with Charleze Theron, who leads a small band of women through the desolation. It looks like Warner Bros. has a winner here.

Attachments:
Theron Mad Max.JPG
Theron Mad Max.JPG [ 62.89 KiB | Viewed 504 times ]
Mad Mad Fury Road.JPG
Mad Mad Fury Road.JPG [ 32.74 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Comic-Con: First Look at Marvel’s Avengers in Battle in ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Attachments:
Avengers 2 in battle.JPG
Avengers 2 in battle.JPG [ 62.38 KiB | Viewed 498 times ]

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Official Mad Max: Fury Road - Comic-Con First Look [HD]

I am in for this one :mrgreen:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Director

I'm interested in Fury Road. George Miller is one of the great action directors of his generation, and while the studio has managed to make the new trailer look like the trailer for every action movie ever, I'm confident in Miller's abilities.

As for the absence of Mel Gibson...it's all right. I'd rather have a believable movie with a new actor than a 60-year old Gibson trying to act like he's 20. We've seen plenty of that lately (I'm looking at you, Arnold, Sly and Bruce), and it's pretty pathetic.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:31 pm
Auteur

Sexual Chocolate wrote:
I'm interested in Fury Road. George Miller is one of the great action directors of his generation, and while the studio has managed to make the new trailer look like the trailer for every action movie ever, I'm confident in Miller's abilities.

As for the absence of Mel Gibson...it's all right. I'd rather have a believable movie with a new actor than a 60-year old Gibson trying to act like he's 20. We've seen plenty of that lately (I'm looking at you, Arnold, Sly and Bruce), and it's pretty pathetic.

I don't think it's pathetic at all, but I agree that the film is better off with a new actor.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:42 pm
Producer

Bruce isn't that old. Besides, Stallone and Schwarzenegger are showing the kiddies how it's done. Although the PG-13 rating Expendables 3 is disappointing. But there isn't that much of a difference in the level of violence. Just less gore.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm
Assistant Director

Arnold is happy after finishing shooting Terminator:Genesis

Quote:
Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of @TerminatorGenisys for a fantastic shoot. It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding. From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup - we couldn't have done it without you. I can't wait to see our finished project and I know we'll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I'll be back.

Attachments:
Terminator.JPG
Terminator.JPG [ 44.73 KiB | Viewed 337 times ]

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

Bond 24 Villain Details Revealed by Casting Agency Looking for an Oddjob-Type Actor

Attachments:
Oddjob.JPG
Oddjob.JPG [ 14.06 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Director

Thing is, Jaws and Oddjob were mere HENCHMEN. Could that type of character fill the shoes of a full-fledged villain? ... especially today? :?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm
Assistant Director

H.I. McDonough wrote:
Thing is, Jaws and Oddjob were mere HENCHMEN. Could that type of character fill the shoes of a full-fledged villain? ... especially today? :?

The article is talking about an henchman called Hinx

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Assistant Director

MI 5 started filming this week. Director Christopher McQuarrie tweeted a pic (attached)

Attachments:
MI5 Team.JPG
MI5 Team.JPG [ 46.46 KiB | Viewed 87 times ]

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Producer

unwindfilms wrote:
H.I. McDonough wrote:

The article is talking about an henchman called Hinx

Good thing. If he were named Oddjob, everybody would be looking for Goldfinger.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:57 pm