Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Our Most (and Least) Anticipated Movies of February 2013 
Cinematographer

Post Our Most (and Least) Anticipated Movies of February 2013
I cannot reveal my most-anticipated film of the month, seeing as I am offering a half-point to SYTYKJ participants who can guess it correctly, but I will say that I am not looking forward to Identity Thief, Safe Haven, Beautiful Creatures, or Dark Skies, which has the funniest trailer ever. Snitch could go either way.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 pm
Auteur

Post Re: Our Most (and Least) Anticipated Movies of February 2013
It looks my film tastes are the opposite of yours since I really enjoyed The Last Stand and Parker.

I am looking forward to Identity Thief, as i'm a fan of both Bateman and McCarthy(who will also be teamed up with Sandra Bullock in "The Heat" in April, which i'm guessing you're not looking forward to either) and it looks pretty damn funny. Snitch also looks pretty cool, I like almost everything Dwayne Johnson has done(except for Southland Tales), so that should be a fun ride. Dark Skies looks kinda eh, maybe i'll see it on DVD.

A Good Day To Die Hard looks pretty damn awesome, as does Bullet To The Head(not surprised you didn't like it through, if you're not a fan of 80s action films then it's not much of a stretch to say you probably won't enjoy anything Stallone or Arnold does unless they're cast against type)

Warm Bodies dosen't look very impressive, nor does Side Effects.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm
Second Unit Director

I'll watch anything that Soderbergh does, so sign me up for Side Effects. I just watched Magic Mike, which was way better than expected and one of my favorites of 2012. Warm Bodies looks like it might be cute. We'll see.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 pm
Producer

Looking Forward to:

1. A Good Day to Die Hard
2. Bullet to the Head
3. Beautiful Creatures
4. Side Effects
5. Snitch
6. Stand Up Guys
7. Warm Bodies
8. Dark Skies

MEH:

Safe Haven

LOOKS LIKE CRAP:

Identity Thief

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm
Second Unit Director

The benefit of Australia's overall shitty release schedule is that we tend to get a whole bunch of great movies in February. So while most of the world got their great films at the end of last year and have to eat poo in the early months of the new year, we Aussies finally get to play catch up.

So this February I have the following films to look forwards to: Zero Dark 30, Lincoln, Anna Karenina, Amour, The Last Stand and Cloud Atlas.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:14 pm
Cinematographer

Pedro wrote:
I'll watch anything that Soderbergh does, so sign me up for Side Effects.

This.

Pedro wrote:
Warm Bodies looks like it might be cute.

And this.

I'll probably also see the Stallone movie and Snitch because I'm kind of a sucker for bad action movies. I also have an unofficial goal of trying to see 52 movies (2013 releases) in theaters this year. I saw a whopping two in January (but did see 2-3 more 2012 releases), so I have my work cut out for me.

I don't think I'll be seeing the new Die Hard movie, though. Watching Bruce Willis smirk his way through the trailer is enough for me to pass. Enough is enough. Don't turn what was once a pretty great action franchise into a parody of itself! Actually, go ahead and do that. I don't care.

Pedro wrote:
I just watched Magic Mike, which was way better than expected and one of my favorites of 2012. We'll see.

I'm glad you said this. It wasn't one of my favorites from 2012, but I thought it was a genuinely good film.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:32 am
Director

ilovemovies wrote:
MEH:

Safe Haven

February brings us the annual Nicholas Sparks adaptation. March, the annual Tyler Perry movie. If the T Perry movie were released in Febrary most of February would be a no go zone.

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am