Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Sick of getting fucked in the ass. 
Second Unit Director

Post Sick of getting fucked in the ass.
I basically have to stay away from this forum until Django Unchained is released in Australia on 24/01/2013. A Tarantino movie is an 'event' I look forward to months in advance. I just fucking love his films more than any other modern day Director and don’t want to know anything about it until the screening.
I was browsing through Kunz thread of best scenes for 2012 and Ragnarok had listed one of the best parts of the film as being
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Quentin Tarantino's death scene.
I don't blame Ragnarok; I'm guessing most people at this site would have already seen DU.
Obviously it’s not just Quentin's films; there was an excellent thread at this forum on The Master that I had to avoid because Australia received it three months after the States. Lincoln comes out late January here; the list goes on and on. Last time I checked Spielberg directed Lincoln through DreamWorks, so I’m guessing he would have been able to do what Cameron did with Avatar, Nolan did with The Dark Knight and Jackson with Lords, and release them worldwide on the same date.
I don't understand (or don’t want to) why films can't be accessed, maybe at art house theatres if need be in certain countries, so that keen movie goers all get the same opportunity. There's surely a logical reason behind the staggering release dates but fuck logic here, it just sucks.
Happy New Year.

Last edited by wisey on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:39 pm
Producer

Post Re: Sick of getting fucked in the ass.
I was actually going to say something about this too. I haven't seen the film yet and I averted my eyes as if I'd been scalded after coming across that post. The movie has been out for about five days here, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the statute of limitations on spoilers hasn't expired yet.

We could probably benefit from a better-defined, more strident spoiler tag policy.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:50 pm
Second Unit Director

Post Re: Sick of getting fucked in the ass.
I think things have improved. I remember a time when US movies would be released up to 3 - 4 months before they came here. A good example of this is Robin Hood Prince of thieves. It took 3 months before it was released here, but you could watch the Brian Adams video "Every thing I do" for snap shots of the video.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 am