Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock 
Director

Post Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock
I'm interested. Looks sharper and at least a little more relevant than Me and Orson Welles. Frankly, I'm surprised a film like this hasn't already been made before. And the importance of Hitchcock's wife is an accurate but rarely discussed aspect of his life and career. The makeup is a bit campy, maybe even moreso for Johansen, but I know personally I'll have a lot of fun with this movie.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 pm
Cinematographer

Post Re: Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock
MGamesCook wrote:
I'm interested. Looks sharper and at least a little more relevant than Me and Orson Welles. Frankly, I'm surprised a film like this hasn't already been made before. And the importance of Hitchcock's wife is an accurate but rarely discussed aspect of his life and career. The makeup is a bit campy, maybe even moreso for Johansen, but I know personally I'll have a lot of fun with this movie.

I'm curious as to how the film would tackle Hitchcock's treatment of his female film stars and women in general, given the reputation he had.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:32 pm
Producer

It will be good to Hopkins again, full stop. I thought he had called it time on his career.

A great actor. I have The World's Fastest Indian ready to watch at home this weekend.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 am
Director

Quote:
I'm curious as to how the film would tackle Hitchcock's treatment of his female film stars and women in general, given the reputation he had.

The HBO movie "The Girl" is about his treatment of Tiippi Hedren while filming The Birds. It airs Oct. 20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7wyADhGjo

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm