Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Krull, Labyrinth, and Legend.... 
Post Krull, Labyrinth, and Legend....
Krull is a 1983 heroic fantasy film directed by Peter Yates and produced by Ron Silverman. Released by Columbia Pictures, it stars Kenneth Marshall as Prince Colwyn and Lysette Anthony as Princess Lyssa. - Wikipedia

Labyrinth is a 1986 fantasy film, directed by Jim Henson, produced by George Lucas, and designed by Brian Froud. Henson collaborated on the screenwriting with children's author Dennis Lee and Monty Python alumnus Terry Jones. The leads are David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King, and Jennifer Connelly as Sarah Williams. The plot revolves around Sarah's quest to rescue her little brother from the Goblin King while trapped in a world that is an enormous otherworldly maze. Most of the other significant roles are played by puppets or by a combination of puppetry and human performance. It was shot on location in New York and at Elstree Studios in the UK. It was the last feature film directed by Henson before his death in 1990. - Wikipedia

Legend is a 1985 fantasy film released by 20th Century Fox (in Europe) and Universal Pictures (in the U.S. and Canada), directed by Ridley Scott and starring Tom Cruise, Mia Sara, Tim Curry, Alice Playten, David Bennent and Billy Barty. Though not a very notable success when first released, it has since gained a cult following. - Wikipedia

If you had to rate these movies in order by which one you would watch first, second and third if all 3 were sitting in front of you right now, what order would you put them in?

1.) Krull - hands down.
2.) Labyrinth - it creeps me out the same way the Wizard of Oz and clowns creep me out...but in a good way.
3.) Legend - Tim Curry is way good as the devil in this one. Plus it's got that creepy kid from Children of the Corn, I think?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:38 pm
Post Re: Krull, Labyrinth, and Legend....
Labyrinth, because that's when I met and fell in love with Jennifer Connely. Unfortunately, that love has remained entirely one-sided and unrequited since then. She never even returns my calls.
Krull, only number 2 because of the illogical, irrational reason given for Labyrinth being number 1
Legend.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:45 pm
MunichMan wrote:
Labyrinth, because that's when I met and fell in love with Jennifer Connely. Unfortunately, that love has remained entirely one-sided and unrequited since then. She never even returns my calls.
Krull, only number 2 because of the illogical, irrational reason given for Labyrinth being number 1
Legend.

:lol:

She won't return my calls either. I don't know man......maybe it was THE HUMAN EAR I FED-X'D her in the mail!!!!!!!

Love you Jenny.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:58 pm
I love JC as well. But based on this I won't phone her :-(

I remember really liking Legend when it came out and bought the DVD . i had not seen it for many years and was really disappointed. 5/10
Labyrinth - 5/10
Krull - 4/10

A pretty uninspired lot :-(
Rob

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm
I was a senior in HS, and wanted to marry her when that movie came out. For years, she was the actress I would name as the most beautiful. Nobody knew who I was talking about. People certainly know her now.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:54 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:

I remember really liking Legend when it came out and bought the DVD . i had not seen it for many years and was really disappointed. 5/10
Labyrinth - 5/10
Krull - 4/10

Rob

Agreed. They're all pretty much running on nostalgia fumes at this point. The scenery in Legend was A+, though. Labyrinth still has some very original, inspired creative moments. And Krull....I will always covet that telekenetically controlled acme sized chinese throwing star weapon. I'm gonna go look for replicas on the Internets.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm
I only saw Labyrinth and I guess only kids like it cause outside of the look and David Bowie, this movie bored me. And JC didn't become hot until The Hot Spot and then she didn't be so amazingly painfully hot until Inventing the Abbots.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 pm
100th POST...I'm a BOARD (bored) WHORE.

:D

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:51 pm
I am a kid of the 80's, so I have a soft spot for these movies.

But besides nostalgia, I don't think they are the horrible failures that some people argue.
Especially ''Labyrinth'' and ''Krull'' are good entertaintment, if you have the right attitude and the right company.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:53 am
Moovy1 wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:

Labyrinth - 5/10
Krull - 4/10

Rob

Agreed. They're all pretty much running on nostalgia fumes at this point. The scenery in Legend was A+, though. Labyrinth still has some very original, inspired creative moments. And Krull....I will always covet that telekenetically controlled acme sized chinese throwing star weapon. I'm gonna go look for replicas on the Internets.

I saw one for sale at Forbidden Planet in London. I'm sure you can buy one online.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:46 am
MunichMan wrote:
Moovy1 wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:

Labyrinth - 5/10
Krull - 4/10

Rob

I saw one for sale at Forbidden Planet in London. I'm sure you can buy one online.

Thanks Mon!!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 pm