Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:57 pm

what's next for the Batman franchise? 
Post what's next for the Batman franchise?
What directions do you the next Batman film should take.
What possible villains should be used.
I have given this some consideration and come up with the following

Villains:
Joker: Are we finished with Joker. He didn’t die in DK, I am sure there are further stories for him. Jake Gyllenhaal could play the role of Joker. He was good friends with Keith Ledger and I think that fan base could accept him as a replacement.
Bain: this could be the last character brought by the mob to defeat Batman. If it was done correctly it could be cool. You could get Hugh Jackman to play him. He would have the size and the acting chops to go head to head with Christian Bale.
Mr. Freeze. I know he was done in B+R, but he is a good example of a character that was good but then turned bad. I have heard that Patrick Stewart was going to play the role in B+R. Why not go with this again. He is an excellent actor and would be able to bring great depth to the character.
Clayface: By using this character Batman franchise might start using it’s less conventional characters. It would have to be CGO based.
Harley Quinn: This could be linked to the Joker character. One idea I had would be to have Rachel Dawes come back as HQ. I know we saw here below she blew up, but wouldn’t be cool if indeed she hadn’t been killed but in fact was coerced by the Joker to become Harley Quinn.
Killer Croc. Could be used in a similar vain as Bain.
The penquin.: I don’t really like this character but he could be used. I have no idea how but he could be used in a realistic fashion. He could be played as a British butler type character. Who has been abused by the gothom rich and has decided to fight back.
Poison Ivy: she could be used but from looking at the character she is only interested in saving the world’s plants. It would be difficult to limit her to Gothom only. She could be played more earthly and motherly. Possibly played by Emma Thompson.
Riddler: I don’t know if this character could be used again because he is too similar to the Joker. If they use this character he could be played by Jackie Earle Haley. He could be less manic and a more thoughtful character.
Ventriloquist: this could be a really cool character. He is a complete pschyco. There are loads of different ways you could go with this character. He could be played by Anthony Hopkins.

Heroes:
Batman: He should now be seen by the public as a criminal and he will probably be chased unmercifully publicly.
Gordon: He is now the commissioner. He needs batman, but he cannot deal with him publicly. There could be a side story were his family are threatened by any assortment of villains.
Alfred: he stills acts as a father figure for bruce, but he could be killed off which could be a catalyst for bruce wayne going on the war path against who ever the main villain would be,
Robin: I know that a lot of people may not have liked the character from other franchise but he is a very important character in the batman universe.

does anyone sle have any thoughts on this next film.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:40 pm
Post Re: what's next for the Batman franchise?
I'd like to see the Mad Hatter, preferably a twisted pedophile version, as one of the villains.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:49 am
After watching The Dark Knight I got the impression that the intention was to bring The Joker back. If this is the case and they go ahead it will be interesting to see who is chosen for the role.

The next logical choices are Penguin and Riddler or maybe even Catwoman. Nolan will come up with something and I trust him to make the proper choices.

Avoid Robin at all costs.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 pm
I was under the impression that Christian Bale refuses to be in a Batman movie with Robin in it, which is just as well.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 am
I don't know about villains, but I think Robin would be the logical progression for the next Batman movie. No reason why the character can't be handled with the same seriousness as the rest of the franchise.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
I'd like to see the Mad Hatter, preferably a twisted pedophile version, as one of the villains.

Who would you likr to see playinh the role?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 am
Cast Zooey Deschanel as Catwoman. She does a great job, breakthrough and jaw-dropping, and then we hope she doesn't accidentally die.

I was sad when Ledger died.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:25 am
p604 wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Who would you likr to see playinh the role?

Good question. Jackie Earle Haley immediately comes to mind, but that's because he already played a similar character in Little Children.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:21 pm
BATMAN SALVATION. The villain can be a terminator, haha.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:31 pm
euphoric_daedalus wrote:

did this not already happen in Batman and Robin

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:19 pm
p604 wrote:
euphoric_daedalus wrote:

did this not already happen in Batman and Robin

But this time it won't be a homoerotic horror show.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 pm
Gaffer

I think we'll see Riddler and Catwoman.

Riddler as a almost Zodiacesque threat to Gotham. Not saying he'll be a serial killer. Thats not the character, but will hold the city hostage with fear, taunting letters/riddles,etc.

Catwoman because she represents a moral dilema to Bruce Wayne = him falling in love with someone whos morals/ethics are the exact opposite from Rachels(the person who helped him become Batman).

Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:52 pm
Director

You think Nolan could pull off Catwoman in a Batman film after the shitty turn she took in that horrible Halle Berry flick? If he does, he would put alot of goodwill back into her character that was shat upon in that crappy movie.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:03 pm
From what I've heard, Brittany Murphy was the fan favorite to play Harley Quinn, which seems bitterly ironic now. :cry:

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm
Gaffer

I dont see why not Dyln

Look at how he redeemed TwoFace after TLJones pathetic portrayal of the character.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm
Two-Face will return.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:12 pm
BrianB wrote:
Two-Face will return.

Nope. The screenwriters confirmed his death in TDK.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:27 pm
In the other thread discussing this, I mentioned Nolan stating that he isn't particularly interested in doing a 3rd film, particularly in light of how good The Dark Knight was. I hope that a 3rd film doesn't happen, because it's very likely to be a disappointment at best, IMO.

They've had Batman face his archenemy, who was played to perfection by an actor who will obviously not be able to reprise the role. The remaining villains aren't interesting enough to warrant featuring them in a film on their own (eg: Poison Ivy? Really?). That means that any further films will likely feature at least 2 villains, which means that the franchise will fall into the old trap of dividing the focus between too many characters. This trap has already destroyed some other works (eg: like the TV series Heroes).

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm
Blace wrote:
BrianB wrote:
Two-Face will return.

Nope. The screenwriters confirmed his death in TDK.

Bah, I don't care what they said; he'll be back. Don't let them throw you off.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:44 am
It's fairly obvious that the next Batman film will feature Spawn. Michael Jai White was betrayed and assassinated. He's currently in Hell, brokering a deal with Malebolgia, that will allow him to rise in a subsequent sequel.

Makes more sense than Harvey Dent to me...

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm