Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 pm

The Greatest Sex (Scenes) 
Post The Greatest Sex (Scenes)
Oh yes. We're doing this.

Quite liked the artistically shot/lit sex scene between Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried in Chloe. There was more time spent focusing on the intimacy of the moment (lots of excellent close-ups of faces and bare backs) than on the bountiful nudity. But it had that, too. The movie is very, very good melodramatic softcore and this scene is the highlight of the entire operation. It's erotic, for one, and tasteful. It reminded me of

The only sex scene in Altman's The Player. Also erotic and done entirely in close-up two shot of the heads of Tim Robbins and Greta Scacchi. Great use of music, low lighting and lots of synthetic sweat... convincing. And without a single ounce of nudity.

Now you go!

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:56 pm
Post Re: The Greatest Sex (Scenes)
majoraphasia wrote:
Oh yes. We're doing this.

Quite liked the artistically shot/lit sex scene between Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried in Chloe. There was more time spent focusing on the intimacy of the moment (lots of excellent close-ups of faces and bare backs) than on the bountiful nudity. But it had that, too. The movie is very, very good melodramatic softcore and this scene is the highlight of the entire operation. It's erotic, for one, and tasteful. It reminded me of

The only sex scene in Altman's The Player. Also erotic and done entirely in close-up two shot of the heads of Tim Robbins and Greta Scacchi. Great use of music, low lighting and lots of synthetic sweat... convincing. And without a single ounce of nudity.

Now you go!

For eroticism, I've always thought that the scenes in the film The Lover were pretty steamy. Aside from this, some of the scenes in the version of Lolita starring Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain were fairly "risque", to use the parlance of the time.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 pm

;)

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 pm
JJoshay wrote:

;)

Larf if you want to but that scene had many a girl swoonin' in 1997. Granted, they were usually 12-year-old girls. And a local band had a song with a title like "Balls Deep In Fat Kate (Leo's Song)" but I'm not a Titanic hater so I will not laugh.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 pm
Some pretty good ones off the top of my head (not saying they turn me on, just saying they mean something and are well done) in:

Don't Look Now (1973), Network (1976), Marathon Man (1976), Desperado (1995).

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
JJoshay wrote:

;)

Larf if you want to but that scene had many a girl swoonin' in 1997. Granted, they were usually 12-year-old girls. And a local band had a song with a title like "Balls Deep In Fat Kate (Leo's Song)" but I'm not a Titanic hater so I will not laugh.

Hey, I love the film. I think its story telling at its peak :)

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 am
Threeperf35 wrote:
Some pretty good ones off the top of my head (not saying they turn me on, just saying they mean something and are well done) in:

So what does turn you on?
Julie Christie did it for me.
Rob

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:30 am
Irreversible and the Last House on the Left... Also The War Zone was very erotic!!

That scene in Kids and Diane Lane taking it in Unfaithful were good too!!

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:02 am
Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly in Bound wasn't bad.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
Threeperf35 wrote:

So what does turn you on?
Julie Christie did it for me.
Rob

Sex scenes including guys having all the fun, especially hunks with chiseled bodies DON't turn me on. Yep, Unfaithful had some great sex scenes - if someone could digitally remove that stupid guy, it probably would turn me on. :D
Well: what really turns me on? There ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7Dc-ixU ... re=related

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:37 am
Oh Threep, I was 15 when that movie came out and yowza! At the time it was one of the greatest things in my life- Salma looking beyond smoking, vampires, some dialogue that was sharp (at least I thought so at the time) and bucket loads of violence.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:38 am
Nick wrote:
Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly in Bound wasn't bad.

Amen to that!

One of my personal favorites-- Ann Margaret, suds, baked beans, chocolate and a giant pillow. :D

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:49 am
roastbeef_ajus wrote:
Irreversible and the Last House on the Left... Also The War Zone was very erotic!!

That scene in Kids and Diane Lane taking it in Unfaithful were good too!!

I love how everyone just ignored your comment. It's like, "Is he kidding or is he really weird? Best to ignore..."

I'm going to assume you were joking, but I have no qualms with sharing my weirdness. Crash was sexy as hell. I'd nominate any of the sex scenes really but if forced to choose one I'd go with Spader and Rosanna Arquette getting it on publicly in a showroom car. There's a scene were Spader plays with a gaping scar at the back of her thigh. He doesn't screw it or anything (or if he did I blanked that part out), but it's pretty clear from the way it's shot that the scar is standing in for her vagina. Tee hee, I said vagina.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 am
Oh, Crash! I really liked (weird weird weird) the final sex scene, Deborah Kara Unger bleeding after a car crash and James Spader trying to comfort her with a repeated "Are you hurt?" while he forces himself on her. It's not erotic for the viewer but for these people it's just about perfect.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 pm
Hey, have I just been "modded"?

Why was my "The Baby of Macon and Last Exit to Brooklyn really do it for me." post deleted?

O, the shame.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm
And yes, I was being ironic...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 pm
MunichMan wrote:
Hey, have I just been "modded"?

Why was my "The Baby of Macon and Last Exit to Brooklyn really do it for me." post deleted?

O, the shame.

That's hilarious... you must have been modded, boy-o. Wait. That's not hilarious at all.

The Baby of Macon, a movie I haven't seen, always sounded so disturbing that I worried I'd need more psychiatry to get through it. Pass!

But Last Exit to Brooklyn... now there's a sunny work. It's got all of the romance and sweetness of Requiem for a Dream.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:32 pm
roastbeef_ajus wrote:

You are a complicated soul.
Rob

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:33 pm
I think I also wrote "Frolicky fun for the whole family..."

More disturbing than those movies is the fact that posts are being deleted.

Anyway, The baby of Macon is a fantastic movie, IMHO, one of Greenaway's best. It says mush about the culture of celebrity, exploitation, media frenzy, and many, many other sub-textual, film school things ;) . And yes, the Julia Ormond gang rape is difficult, but it works.

IN any case, I'd rather think of Ann Margaret in a baked beans/chocolate pillow orgy...

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:36 pm
MunichMan wrote:
More disturbing than those movies is the fact that posts are being deleted.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I don't mean to question you, but are you sure that it was posted? Maybe you hit submit and it didn't actually submit? Otherwise I find this very disturbing.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:11 pm