Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:13 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar) 
Author Message
Post Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Image

Image

I just bought a twelve-pack of Pepsi Throwback and I love it. This stuff tastes cleaner and much better than the normal Pepsi with high fructose corn syrup.

Coincidentally, my father - a staunch Pepsi aficionado - prefers the HFCS Pepsi. To each his own, but I hope Pepsi Throwback's here to stay. I doubt it, but I hope nonetheless.

Has anyone else tried either of these yet?


Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
It's always genuinely delightful to watch a company like Pepsico really embrace the purity angle the only way they know how.

I went to school about 4 hours away from Plano, TX aka The Down That Dr. Pepper Built. Plano, according to hotly whispered legend, had Dr. Pepper with real sugar... the only place you could find it in its natural habitat within this country. People spoke of sucrose-sweetened Dr. Pepper much like some people describe the loving arms of Jesus. I hope Pepsi Throwback is worth the premium.

Ah... I mean no, I haven't tried it.


Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:40 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
majoraphasia wrote:
It's always genuinely delightful to watch a company like Pepsico really embrace the purity angle the only way they know how.

I went to school about 4 hours away from Plano, TX aka The Down That Dr. Pepper Built. Plano, according to hotly whispered legend, had Dr. Pepper with real sugar... the only place you could find it in its natural habitat within this country. People spoke of sucrose-sweetened Dr. Pepper much like some people describe the loving arms of Jesus. I hope Pepsi Throwback is worth the premium.

Ah... I mean no, I haven't tried it.


Well, I'm not starting a cult of Pepsi Throwback-lovers just yet, but I do enjoy this soda. :mrgreen:


Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Haven't seen this yet. I would love to try the Mtn. Dew one.

I love Jones Soda which uses real sugar.


Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:26 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I picked up a 12-pack of Pepsi Throwback last week by mistake, thinking it was the typical stuff. I tell you...what a revelation! The natural sugar reduces the sweetness slightly (still sweeter than Coke), but the result is a more satisfying taste. I always think most soda has a chemical, almost medicine-y aftertaste, but not Pepsi Throwback. Consider me a huge fan! :D


Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I was not aware this existed, but I'm going to have to try it based on the reaction you guys are having. I'd get the mountain dew, as I don't drink anything black/brown. XD


Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:22 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I wasn’t aware that this product existed either. I don’t generally drink soda, but this thread has me intrigued; I now have to know what Pepsi tastes like with real sugar.

Jason Cinema, if you are a plant, or otherwise are working for Pepsi, you are doing a very, very good job.


Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Ratel wrote:
Jason Cinema, if you are a plant, or otherwise are working for Pepsi, you are doing a very, very good job.


I wish that I was. Getting paid to shill Pepsi? That'd be a cool job.


Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Bought a 12 pack of Mountain Dew throwback. It caught my attention because of the design. At first I thought Pepsi read my mind about my desire to bring back all of the logos from the 80s.

Upon first taste I thought it was better. But I must admit that knowing natural sugar pop is supposed to taste better it may have worked like a placibo.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I can't believe I'm reading through this thread every time there's an update to it.

Needless to say, I was inspired by the little consumer living inside my unconscious mind to trek down some 0.01%-closer-to-nature-intended Pepsi but was actually -- pathetically -- deflated to find that the local stores carry only the familiar-to-millions Pepsi. It's been at least 5 or 6 years since I've had a Pepsi and tonight I was steeled to perform a taste test.

Some day I will realize the late afternoon dream of April 29th, 2009.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Interesting - the Pepsi (as well as other regular non-diet sodas) sold here in Germany only lists sugar as an ingredient, which usually refers to saccharose. Maybe I've been drinking "Pepsi Throwback" all along?


Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Unke wrote:
Interesting - the Pepsi (as well as other regular non-diet sodas) sold here in Germany only lists sugar as an ingredient, which usually refers to saccharose. Maybe I've been drinking "Pepsi Throwback" all along?


same here in india. no corn syrup or whatever here either.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Adult Onset anyone??? :ugeek:

I'll take a Mr. Pibb, Barq's Red Cream Soda or Vanilla Coke over Pepsi/Mt. Dew any day...


Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I'm not attempting to derail, but I've tried Mexican Coca-Cola. It was in the 'latino' section of my local grocery store. The ingredients showed "sugar" instead of the high fruc corn syrup. It tasted better and left me feeling refreshed i.e. not wanting more.

Within a couple of weeks I started making my own soda. I still drink a purchased soda occasionally, but prefer my own. There's also a local business I can help support who carries all these products.


http://www.northernbrewer.com/soda.html

Am I strange? Yep. But I've got the best cherry-cola ever, and it has no caffeine and no preservatives. Next week we try lemon-creme.

Back to the Pepsi talk. (steps out to buy Pepsi)


Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Moovy1 wrote:
Adult Onset anyone??? :ugeek:

I'll take a Mr. Pibb, Barq's Red Cream Soda or Vanilla Coke over Pepsi/Mt. Dew any day...


that was a very big flop over here. i couldn't bear the taste. 1 gulp and it was done.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
I prefer Crystal Pepsi


Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Arsenal84 wrote:
I prefer Crystal Pepsi


(*sheds tear for cherished childhood memory)

I was too young to experience the legendary New Coke but Crystal Pepsi has a strange place in my heart: my parents divorced when I was 11 or so and, when my father got his new apartment, that was the welcoming gift he got for my sister and I upon our initial visit. Crystal Pepsi.

I've fought the urge to order a few on Ebay just to have one of those bottles hanging around the house.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:02 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
majoraphasia wrote:
Arsenal84 wrote:
I prefer Crystal Pepsi


(*sheds tear for cherished childhood memory)

I was too young to experience the legendary New Coke but Crystal Pepsi has a strange place in my heart: my parents divorced when I was 11 or so and, when my father got his new apartment, that was the welcoming gift he got for my sister and I upon our initial visit. Crystal Pepsi.

I've fought the urge to order a few on Ebay just to have one of those bottles hanging around the house.


I too was eleven when Crystal Pepsi was released. I only drank a little bit during its time in the limelight but IIRC it had a vague cola taste, sort of muted I think and slightly more chemical than the regular Pepsi.


Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 pm
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Well, I went to the store this morning and purchased a pack of Pepsi Throwback. I think it had less of an aftertaste, but like Bondurant, I’m not so sure this wasn’t just the placebo effect.

On another note, I can’t believe the legs this thread has. It seems we all have nothing better to do than sit around and post about our Pepsi taste testing. At least some posters are using this as an occasion to reminisce about their childhood. I, however, have no excuse.


Fri May 01, 2009 12:02 am
Post Re: Anyone Else Tried Pepsi Throwback? (Pepsi W/Real Sugar)
Ratel wrote:
It seems we all have nothing better to do than sit around and post about our Pepsi taste testing.


Why, that's one of the hallmarks of the Internet! :mrgreen:


Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr