Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:53 am

Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty 
Post Re: So... You THINK You Know James? (Week 8)
oh snap!!
Andy Grey wrote:
"take a bow, son. take a bow."

:lol:

i didn't even mind him editing me out, to be honest. really, phil, i didn't. but this is just freakin' hilarious. :lol: :lol: .
if i may say, he just Jon Stewarted you.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:21 pm
I equate PG-13 language to one fuck per post. Granted don't go overboard with it but that's how I see PG-13 language.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:40 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
May I suggest you start with this one:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Also, if I may; fuck the Tennessee Titans of 2008. What an overrated, lackluster, strung-togther-by-string-cheese rag-tag one-and-done buncha' phonies.

Haha, well, that was before my Modding. Nevertheless on the serious side, you proving I'm human does little to discourage me from doing the best Mod-job I can, and if that means I want the thread that I am pretty much 100% responsible for from having the 'f' word thrown around, or in your case, the 's' word thrown around, well, I'm going to do it. Whether or not you agree with it, well :roll:

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:16 pm
You freakin' tell 'em Evenflow!

Oh f---, that doesn't sound right. :roll:

Oh, by the way guys, I thought I had gone back far enough to see if the argument was fake or real, and apparently I hadn't...my bad...I just quit smoking and I'm a little distracted as of late. :oops:

Erik

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 pm
ADayintheLife1979 wrote:
You freakin' tell 'em Evenflow!

Oh fuck, that doesn't sound right. :roll:

Oh, by the way guys, I thought I had gone back far enough to see if the argument was fake or real, and apparently I hadn't...my bad...I just quit smoking and I'm a little distracted as of late. :oops:

Erik

how's that working out for you? i've heard it can be a pain. :)

nicely taken, phil.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:33 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
May I suggest you start with this one:
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Also, if I may; fuck the Tennessee Titans of 2008. What an overrated, lackluster, strung-togther-by-string-cheese rag-tag one-and-done buncha' phonies.

Haha, well, that was before my Modding. Nevertheless on the serious side, you proving I'm human does little to discourage me from doing the best Mod-job I can, and if that means I want the thread that I am pretty much 100% responsible for from having the 'f' word thrown around, or in your case, the 's' word thrown around, well, I'm going to do it. Whether or not you agree with it, well :roll:

Phil, the point of my post wasn't to embarrass you (well, maybe a little) but to ask for some consistency. I don't think you should run around modding people selectively. I don't get why you censored aameen but disregarded the "f-bombs" by Patrick (the post immediately before yours) and by ADayintheLife1979 (the post immediately after your own). Either mod them all or leave them all alone.

Personally, I see no problem with a bit of colourful language. (I believe) we're all adults here and don't see how anyone's day will be ruined if they read a combination of the letters f, c, u & k.

By the way, what 's' word did I throw around? Was it the colloquialism for faeces? Because I have zero memory of doing that.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:55 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Phil, the point of my post wasn't to embarrass you (well, maybe a little) but to ask for some consistency. I don't think you should run around modding people selectively. I don't get why you censored aameen but disregarded the "f-bombs" by Patrick (the post immediately before yours) and by ADayintheLife1979 (the post immediately after your own). Either mod them all or leave them all alone.

By the way, what 's' word did I throw around? Was it the colloquialism for faeces? Because I have zero memory of doing that.

Well, ed, first I had lunch. Then I called up a few of my friends. Set up a date nearby. Ate dinner with aforementioned date. Recorded a song, dubbed vocals for it, before throwing those vocals out because the computer compressed it unecessarily (THANKS, HP). Ate some cereal to help forget, and then went on to Facebook to sign up for an art show with one of the most talented (and lovely) women in all of the East Coast. I guess that's a roundabout way of saying that I didn't read 1979's post at ground zero (although, yes, it has been edited, and yes, the nature of the curse was particularly incendiary). Vigilant as I may be, and as much respect as I have for James and his site (because, otherwise, I wouldn't care about the cursing) expecting me to be perfect is a wasted errand. As for Patrick, I don't edit other Mods, because a.) we don't need that kind of commotion and b.) if James ever decides to prune Moderator actions to see who is adhering to the rules, then Patrick will suffer more scrutiny than ADITL1979.

As for the 's' word, yeah, that was aameen, but since I edited him last page, he stopped, so that issue is dead. I'd say that your posts with him on pages 2 and 3 were intechangeable in awfulness, so I pardon myself any confusion :) Just to say, and don't let this mixed up or twisted, I am saying nothing in between the lines, just stating this outright; I understand that I may alienate you with a choice I make here or there, which is fine, and unavoidable in almost any situation involving forums, and men, but I am not trying to be the next Hitler, or Stalin, or even Mussolini, and although I genuinely appreciate you mentioning an error in judgement I have made, stating that I must be impunitive is simply unrealistic, and at worst is going overboard in harshness on my faults while denying, and causing others to neglect, the virtues of what I attempt to do, and posting it publically does, yes, seem patronizing, when all you need to do, essentially, is click the PM button, if you are so concerned. Of course I support free speech (any man who makes songs about cannibalism has little choice), but here, we are also entering a forum provided by a man whom we all regularly decree as the best critic on the internet. So, why not wipe the imaginary muddy feet on his imaginary weclome mat before we step into his public domain?

I hope that explains a few things.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:16 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
As for the 's' word, yeah, that was aameen, but since I edited him last page, he stopped, so that issue is dead.

well, :lol: , if i may, i think you'll find, .... :lol:

yeeeaaaaaahhhhh......

i don't know where but i have used it even after that. after you stopped the f-bomb. i don't think the 's' word is R-rated, if you will. c'mon, really?
i'm genuinely surprised. as depicted in the following emoticon-...... :shock:
but really? ze 's' word? it even feels weird saying "the 's' word".

ok. i guess i'll stop now. :|

PS-"he stopped" makes me sound like you've put a sailor under control. c'mon man, 1 or 2 here and there.....in Total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm
Evenflow8112 wrote:
Alright, the entire aameen-ed saga has been moved to the Open Forum in it's own (not exactly chronological, but close) thread, which can be found here - http://reelviews.net/reelviewsforum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=902&start=0

There are to be no more posts on that subject in these competition threads, nor any spam/arguing of that nature again. So sayeth James, and that is an order that will stand. I will delete further posts in response to the ranting after this post has been made, so don't complain if your post vanishes, no matter how long or short it is. It will go bye-bye.

As for next week's hopefully less controversial thread, I will be working on it very soon. Congratulations again, peng and El Duderino. This was an impressive victory for both of you.

please excuse this one.

well, phil. i have to say, this removes the whole point of the argument. which was that the competition threads are boring with vote after vote after vote.......
and it was obviously a joke where the audience was involved. so, please don't call it spam. which isn't what we were doing. we weren't even arguing. know that seinfeld episode with george and some co-workers calling each other "bastard" and then laughing hysterically??
yeah.

PS-i suggest a change in the name of the new argument thread. :|

PPS- the "saga", as you call it, went back to week 7.

also, my apologies if this post has to be moved, i thought this needed to be said. and here.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:06 pm
Post Re: Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty
What a weird thread.

By the time you get to the end, nails bitten down and hoping for some sense of closure, you just get the impression that it will all end in a divorce. This thread was as disappointing as Ludivine Sagnier in Playboy: sure, the pictures are artistic but where am I to put my prurient interests when she's clothed in all of them?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:30 am
Evenflow8112 wrote:
I hope that explains a few things.

One more thing...do you plan on moderating language only in the competition section? What about the other topics in the forums? I'm interested because I haven't noticed any of the other mods interfering with language.

I'm asking publicly, because I think the others users would benefit to know.

Also, it would be nice if you spelled aameen's name right.

majoraphasia wrote:
What a weird thread.

By the time you get to the end, nails bitten down and hoping for some sense of closure, you just get the impression that it will all end in a divorce. This thread was as disappointing as Ludivine Sagnier in Playboy: sure, the pictures are artistic but where am I to put my prurient interests when she's clothed in all of them?

I didn't realise that the thread had ended. As for Ms. Sagnier, I recommend taking a dip in the Swimming Pool.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 pm
now, you see the wondrous thing here, is that somehow the thing between Ed and Phil about language also got moved. :) i only just saw it. i too had subconsciously paired them together. but its got nothing to do with our "argument", if you will. oh i'm starting to hate that word.
just an observation. amazing how we do things, isn't it?

ed_metal_head wrote:

i think he did, didn't he?
yup. after my 2 'e's post, i think phil's got it spot on.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:

i think he did, didn't he?
yup. after my 2 'e's post, i think phil's got it spot on.[/quote]

Yeah, but the false-advertising title of this thread still reads Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 am
ed_metal_head wrote:
Yeah, but the false-advertising title of this thread still reads Aamen and Ed: Chuckles Aplenty.

:lol:
didn't notice it.
i suggest we keep this. as a remembrance of my weird mane!!!!

---no its not a typo.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:34 am
what the hell are you people talking about?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm
ogto wrote:
what the hell are you people talking about?

the last time i answered this question....

NO!! Do Not Make Me!!!

check the completion threads week 7 and 8. then come here. i wouldn't mind if you drifted to the critic or webmaster thread too.

woah!! i just checked it....all the posts from there have vanished.

hmmm......i smell.........a mod!!!

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 pm
I edited the first post to fill in some of the history, since it's obvious people have no idea what's going on. I'm hoping I didn't add to the confusion.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 pm