Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm

The last thing you do before the end of the world 
Post The last thing you do before the end of the world
ok. what do you do? there's a big meteor on its way to the earth, shit, there's Jupiter on its way to earth and then its gonna push us into the sun. the point is - the earth is gonna go away. we're all dead. nobody gets to go into a space station. no loopholes.

there is a portal available, that'll take you anywhere on the surface of the earth.
what do you do in the time that remains? a last listen to that album you love? one last time with the woman you love? take a walk as a lone visitor to paris? snowboard down Mt. Everest? a last drink with the guys with the game on? sleep peacefully, you dont wanna feel it when it happens? meet it head on- standing on the point of impact? go to a church?

and of course you've only got time to do that particular thing. album - 40 min till go time. movie 2 hours.

What would you do?

PS-mods, i didn't know where this belonged, so i put it in the open forum.

Last edited by aameen on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 am
Post Re: The last thing you do before the end of the world
I'd wait. That's my answer for now; too many options could make this list impossible.

But death? You only get the one chance to experience and I want to see it coming. That's all well and good while I'm healthy.

I don't know.

It's a great question, anyway. I hope this thread doesn't die with dozens of entries about oral sex.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 am
Absinthe and Fight club......good way to go IMO

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:35 am
I'd probably bone as much as possible, watch Memento, try weed, play Resident Evil 4 some, or sleep. Whichever one seems more plausible.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:48 pm
majoraphasia wrote:
It's a great question, anyway. I hope this thread doesn't die with dozens of entries about oral sex.

well, there's a bigger chance it'll never come to life. :)

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 pm
Hi there

I'd love to see 10 great directors make a short film on this topic. It would be insane!
Sort of like that Parisian metro movie from a year or two ago!

As for me

I have two kids - movies are irrelevant next to them in a situation like this
Rob

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi there

I'd love to see 10 great directors make a short film on this topic. It would be insane!

As for me

Rob

2 things - i actually did write a short story on this. thought up others too. before you say it, no, it has not survived. none of my shitty writing has. unless some friend or my parents have em.
other - what Parisian metro movie? im very interested. got a name for me? :)

hell, there's a third, i knew i'd get this answer from someone. just something about parents. i even included it in the post, but then thought against it.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 am
I'd like to say I'd do something grand or exciting, but most likely I'd just sit in our backyard, feed the squirrels, pet my cat, eat a lot of the worst-for-you foods, hold my husband, enjoy the wind on my face and watch the sky.

Either that, or I'd go completely bonkers from the waiting and just sit in a corner with a thumb in my mouth. ;)

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:01 am
aameen wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi there

As for me

Rob

i actually did write a short story on this. thought up others too.

Heh, I am in the process of writing a short comic about this.
Popular topic, obviously.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:05 am
MsHarlaus wrote:
I'd like to say I'd do something grand or exciting, but most likely I'd just sit in our backyard, feed the squirrels, pet my cat, eat a lot of the worst-for-you foods, hold my husband, enjoy the wind on my face and watch the sky.

Either that, or I'd go completely bonkers from the waiting and just sit in a corner with a thumb in my mouth. ;)

well, Ms. Harlaus, if i may say so, that is grand.

EDIT-not the thumb thing.

Last edited by aameen on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 am
Trevor wrote:
aameen wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
Hi there

As for me

Rob

i actually did write a short story on this. thought up others too.

Heh, I am in the process of writing a short comic about this.
Popular topic, obviously.

:)
what's the idea?

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:07 am
aameen: I think the Parisian metro movie Rob is referring to is Paris, Je T'aime. It's not really about the end of the world, but it's a compilation film of short stories about love by different directors (including the Coen Bros and Gus Van Sant) set in Paris. I think there's 18 short stories included in the movie in total. I apologize if you already knew this.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:32 pm
El Duderino wrote:
aameen: I think the Parisian metro movie Rob is referring to is Paris, Je T'aime. It's not really about the end of the world, but it's a compilation film of short stories about love by different directors (including the Coen Bros and Gus Van Sant) set in Paris. I think there's 18 short stories included in the movie in total. I apologize if you already knew this.

no need for apologies. :) and yes, i have seen it. seems i didn't exactly read the word "Parisian" correctly. :oops:
i read it as perusian. my mistake.
incidentally, perusian isn't even a word. so, not only did i misread, i misread it as a word that doesn't exist.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:39 pm
Girlfriend. Talk. Sit. Do whatever we want. Go home together. Good night. Blow out candles. Finish.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 pm
aameen wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

no need for apologies. :) and yes, i have seen it. seems i didn't exactly read the word "Parisian" correctly. :oops:
i read it as perusian. my mistake.
incidentally, perusian isn't even a word. so, not only did i misread, i misread it as a word that doesn't exist.

aah I see, I had to re-read that post too. "perusian" does sound like it should be a word, though.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 pm
Thanks El Duderino.

You were right with it being Paris Je t'aime. I sould have been checking in earlier. I've been busy on my travels :-)

Four hour epic movie coming up tonight!

Rob

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm
I wouldn't be too worried about myself. I'm not afraid of what will happen to me after death. I'd be more worried about my friends and family, people that I don't even know. So, I'd probably spend my last day trying to save everyone I possibly could.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:42 am