Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Does anybody blog? 
Post Does anybody blog?
We're all familiar with Reelthoughts, and hopefully most of us are familiar with Roger Ebert's journal. Who, of the Reelviews clientele, owns and operates a blog of some sort, and what do you write about?

My blog is called I Evolved Into This!?, which is my outlet for discussing film, comics, and various other elements of our modern culture. It's a relatively new blog, just shy of a year old. I've just achieved what I consider to be a milestone: my first comments from professional artists and academics in the field of comics.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:37 pm
Post Re: Does anybody blog?
I do...the link's in my sig.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:20 pm
I have posted 109 notes on Facebook so far, so does that count? Also some 30 or so on MySpace, and over 40 unposted.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:45 pm
I blog a lot, though it's often very friend-centric. The average person might not know who or what I'm talking about. Sometimes I write notes that are universal, but that's not always my intention.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm
I also blog. The link is found in the signature. Feel free to stop on by.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:42 pm
I only blog when I'm not in school.... So I will start up again on May 23rd lol

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:39 pm
I do blog, although I've just started and done only one post.

http://star-reviewsblog.blogspot.com/

would be cool if someone here paid my blog a visit. it seems nobody does. which is sad, obviously... =/

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 am
I'm just curious if any of you or anyone who hasn't posted yet has Google Analytics or some other tracking app. If so, what's your most popular page on there. So far it seems to be my Top 10 Favorite Steven Seagal movies...I don't know why.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:36 pm
It's in my sig as well.

Sun May 31, 2009 2:42 pm
I run a blog about movies. It's in Spanish, but you can check it out here: http://necofobia.blogspot.com. I'd love to get people's opinions on it... though I have stopped posting temporarily, I'm planning to expand it and start writing about other things (life, music, books, and general random thoughts).

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:28 pm
neco82 wrote:
I run a blog about movies. It's in Spanish, but you can check it out here: http://necofobia.blogspot.com. I'd love to get people's opinions on it... though I have stopped posting temporarily, I'm planning to expand it and start writing about other things (life, music, books, and general random thoughts).

I would love to give you feedback but I can't read Spanish.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 pm
Patrick wrote:
neco82 wrote:

Use Google Translate and enter the url. You get wonderful results.

Here's the beginning of what neco82 recently had to say:

Sure, my few readers will have noticed that some time did not update this blog. And that did not previously often either. Rather than wonder if I swallowed the earth, made it clear that I am still here.

I have to think it is costing me so much to update this blog cinema. I saw several movies over the past time, indeed to some worthwhile to devote a few lines. But even so, I was born. And after thinking about it, I think the reason is simple: I am overwhelmed.

I glean that he is currently overwhelmed after trying to swallow the Earth...

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:07 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
neco82 wrote:

Sure, my few readers will have noticed that some time did not update this blog. And that did not previously often either. Rather than wonder if I swallowed the earth, made it clear that I am still here.

I have to think it is costing me so much to update this blog cinema. I saw several movies over the past time, indeed to some worthwhile to devote a few lines. But even so, I was born. And after thinking about it, I think the reason is simple: I am overwhelmed.

That's pretty much what I said, yes. :D

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:03 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
neco82 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:voice - the boy wayne:

AAAUUUU!!! that's brilliant that is.

:end voice:

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Patrick wrote:
neco82 wrote:

Oh this... this is priceless. The best, and I mean THE BEST, quote is the one I've put in bold print. It's a wonderful philosophical statement, really: even after seeing movies that deserve only a few lines devoted to them, neco82 comes to the important realization that he was born -- that he, in effect, is. To be awakened to his very being by deciding to write some miniature reviews is the kind of epiphany reserved only for those on their deathbed. He may be overwhelmed but, even so, he was born. He will live another day to haul the stone up the mountain.

Google translation software... the gateway to existential awakening.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:21 pm
My latest blog entry at least partially includes movie reviews, so I thought I'd mention it here.

For many people, June is just another month. For me, it's the anniversary of Superman (Action Comics #1, dated June 1938). As such, I'm making a tradition of doing an annual Superman feature in my blog to mark the occasion.

This year, it's a two-part Superman review retrospective, covering comics, TV, and movies. Today, the first half went up. Included are reviews of the animated short films of the 1940s, plus the Christopher Reeve movies. http://ievolvedintothis.com/?p=49

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm