Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
Multiple 2-week Bans 
Director

Post Multiple 2-week Bans
As everyone has seen by now, we've had some threads get ugly. I mean downright pathetically ugly. The DUMB AND DUMBER TO and NEWSROOM (TV) threads are the primary areas, but it's no secret the problem has gone beyond those two.

I'm sick and tired of A) threads turning into bitch-fests regarding Vexer's taste, and B) political bullshit tangents. Most of us are. I've suspended Vexer, AJR, mrguinness, and Johnny LaRue for 2 weeks apiece. The latter three don't post every day, so they may not care so much. Vexer, however, is every bit a culprit in all this. He flies into new movie threads, posts one-liners about how the movie doesn't interest him at all, then people jump on him. Sure, those folks could ignore him by utilizing the Foes feature, but he also shouldn't be fanning the flames either, both in the "Vexer's taste" outbursts and the political stuff. There comes a point in time when a person should realize the affect his posting style has on people and make the necessary adjustments.

JB and the mods agree on this course of action. All four are welcome back when the ban is up. I have no problems whatsoever with anyone else.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:03 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]