Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
So... let me get this straight 
Second Unit Director

Post Re: So... let me get this straight
patrick wrote:
Ken wrote:
There've been times in the recent past when I've asked myself, "What am I even doing here anymore?" Haven't really had any since these guys were sent on indefinite leave.

I have two things about early unbans. Ken already said the first one for me. The second one is that if Pedro does unban Vexer or Games early, it's a mockery of the forum rules and proves you don't have the balls to to actually dole out punishment.

And fuck what wisey says about the forum dying, it's been dying a very slow death for years now. Deal with it.

Fair enough, point taken.

Thu May 29, 2014 6:18 pm
Producer

Perhaps a vote is the only fair way?

Thu May 29, 2014 7:05 pm
Director

I dunno. If I were to be perfectly honest, I don't mind that Vexer hasn't been around. Cook...well, I've never had problems with him.

Thu May 29, 2014 8:58 pm
Second Unit Director

I say hold it out, at least for a while. All criticisms and asides mentioned here are accurate and valid; no child learned their lesson being ungrounded early on the basis of "you aren't going to do that again, are you?". Neither did any adults. If/when it's deemed more appropriate to offer their standing back, caveat with no second chances. I'd like to see Cook back so long as he can hold a civil conversation, and I wouldn't even mind seeing Vex back so long as he can hold any conversation at all.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:28 pm
Second Unit Director

PeachyPete wrote:
Gedmud wrote:
I wouldn't mind having GamesC back. Truth be told I've never had an issue with him. That being said I understand completely the issues he's had with others and it would be much worse to lose Pete than MGC. Pete's a goddamn hero. I won't be sad if Vexer gets a lifetime, in fact I think he should have one.

Thank you, sir (I think...unless you're mocking me in which case...ummm, mean words!).

Not a damn bit of mockery, man.

Fri May 30, 2014 1:38 am
Director

Gedmud wrote:
Not a damn bit of mockery, man.

Same. Really sad when you posted way less a while back, although totally understandable.

Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 am
Director

I am about to let MGames and Vexer back in. JB emailed me yesterday saying he'd like them back today so they can participate in new release discussion. Apparently Vexer sent him a polite email about it. Pedro has signed off on this as well. Considering neither one of them has ever been banned before, 12 days is probably enough.

Both will probably come in here and have a few words to say, so I want everyone to ease off the gas pedal and give them a chance to apologize. This whole ordeal has been way too much drama for me.

If anyone has any other questions about this, just PM me.

Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 am
Auteur

I'm back!

First and foremost I apologize for some of the things i've had said, I could've responded to Wisey much better then I did and in hindsight I probably should've just ignored his post altogether. I also apologize to the mods for my excessive reporting, i'll freely admit I went overboard there.

That said I do not agree with everything that's been said about me on here, mainly the stuff about my posts being nonsense and my opinions being bland and lame-ass, I don't think that's true at all and neither does JB(in an email, he actually told me that he thought my contrarian viewpoint contributed to the forum). I also have a hard-time believing that other forum members left because of me(if that really did happen, then i'd like some names as proof)

To those who say I post just to argue, well I assure you that's not the case(most of the time at least) even though I can see how you might think that, sometimes i'll admit I have got a bit too defensive, and that's mainly due to my Aspberger's Syndrome, which sometimes causes me to perceive that others are attacking me even when that's not the case, that's something i'm trying to work on right now.

To those who were hoping for a permanent ban, JB told me an email that he would not have supported one.

I don't care if some of you mock my opinion or not, i'm still going to post my opinions regardless, though you're certainly free to disagree with them.

I resolve to try and explain myself better in the future and put more thought into my posts, but I can't promise that every single post I make will be insightful.

Lastly, many thanks to the mods for allowing me and McGames to come back early, me and him truly do appreciate it.

Fri May 30, 2014 12:45 pm
Producer

Good to be back. I thank the mods for allowing me to get in touch with them the last couple weeks. I enjoy Vexer's posts obviously. But anyway, I've pledged to be a new an improved version of myself from now on, so that's that. I extend my apologies especially to Pete and Ross. Now to post about some movies.

Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm
Director

Vex, I had no idea that you had Asperger's. I must admit that I feel like a bit of an asshole; I'll be the first person to say that there's a big difference between being standoffish and dealing with a condition that you can't control. In your case it's the latter; I didn't know that and I'm sorry. I really do feel like a bit of a dick.

Fri May 30, 2014 5:13 pm
Auteur

Sexual Chocolate wrote:
Vex, I had no idea that you had Asperger's. I must admit that I feel like a bit of an asshole; I'll be the first person to say that there's a big difference between being standoffish and dealing with a condition that you can't control. In your case it's the latter; I didn't know that and I'm sorry. I really do feel like a bit of a dick.

That's quite alright, I think you're a decent guy overall.

Fri May 30, 2014 5:37 pm
Second Unit Director

So, just that I'm clear; Johnny Larue got banned for a couple of weeks because of this thread http://www.reelviews.net/reelviewsforum ... 15&start=0 Hmmm, umm, what exactly did he do wrong here according to the forum guidelines? Come on Kunz, this forum fucking needs you to actually be a moderator. You've kept it alive with your excellent threads but now you may need to save it? I really don't fucking get you, don't you want to fucking make it a better place? I came here for the first time in months to read what other people thought of Interstellar.. Read that thread. Join the fucking dots for chrissakes. Nice to know Cook's thoughts on Nolan and to see that Vexer (who I genuinely feel sorry for because of his illness) thinks again, and again and again and again.

Am I wrong Donny?

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 am
Cinematographer

I hadn't read through that thread since it's about a show I didn't even know of or care about. Doesn't really look like Johnny made any personal attacks. Maybe something's been deleted that I can't see? At first I thought that it was due to a political discussion in the TV section, but the show is apparently political in nature and the last post in the thread is categorizing Americans in favor of smaller government with foreign organizations that kill innocent people in order intimidate opposition into silence - so it can't be for the political reason. I guess the intent is to turn the forum into a contest to see who can ignore Vexer the longest by discouraging the rest of us from engaging with him.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

CasualDad wrote:
I hadn't read through that thread since it's about a show I didn't even know of or care about. Doesn't really look like Johnny made any personal attacks. Maybe something's been deleted that I can't see? At first I thought that it was due to a political discussion in the TV section, but the show is apparently political in nature and the last post in the thread is categorizing Americans in favor of smaller government with foreign organizations that kill innocent people in order intimidate opposition into silence - so it can't be for the political reason. I guess the intent is to turn the forum into a contest to see who can ignore Vexer the longest by discouraging the rest of us from engaging with him.

Long time reader, but I thought I would finally join the forum. I read the newsroom thread, and it didn't seem like either one attacked each other. They were just going back and forth to try and show each other who is actually correct. In that thread, I think Johnny was correct, and Vex proved he was a hypocrite, but I didn't see any personal attacks. In fact, the worst thing I saw posted was the very last post...trying to prove how the tea party is the american taliban (I guess it's ok because sorkin wrote it in the show).

In fact, even in the other thread, besides what patrick wrote about vex dying which I assume was extreme sarcasm to prove a point, nothing seemed out of control. Nobody called anybody a douchbag, faggot, piece of shit fucking asshole, or anything like that...everything seemed pretty tame. I guess they were banned to prove a point in to stop turning every thread into the same thing? Maybe there should just be an "everyone let off some steam and argue thread" in this open forum so the other one's don't get ransacked with the same stuff.

Finally, I'm part of another forum where basically anything goes (will only get banned if post naked pictures, racist remarks, or give someones personal information), and this forum seems G rated compared to that. I don't plan of bringing that here, but I'm just saying, I don't want to get banned for arguing either. Civil argument is the cornerstone of true discussion.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:14 pm
Director

CruJones wrote:
I guess they were banned to prove a point in to stop turning every thread into the same thing?

That was more or less my line of thinking. Political discussions aren't out-of-bounds entirely; we just leave them for the Open Forum. I believe it was Kunz who had the clever idea of calling it Somalia.

Thank you guys very much for the feedback. I'll admit I overreacted on that particular thread. I will let Johnny back in, but only him. Everyone else's suspensions will stand, and nothing is going to change my mind about that.

I'm also shutting down this thread. Anyone who has any other questions can PM me. My door is always open.

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:36 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3