Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
What are you reading? 
Producer

Post Re: What are you reading?
Well, it depends. An underdeveloped story by Alan Moore is still nothing to sneeze at. Plus, Bolland was on fire during this time period--he was turning in fantastic cover art for Grant Morrison's Animal Man run, for example--so he certainly wasn't short on opportunities to show his stuff.

Thu May 08, 2014 5:03 am
Producer

Oh yeah, it could be worse. But I imagine writer and artist to be a strained relationship at times

Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

Picked up the first three books of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series on a very high recommendation... not one I'm too likely to take again.

Sat May 10, 2014 4:34 am
Producer

Just started to read Gone Girl. Probably first time when I've decided to read a book when the movie is coming out soon. Usually, I like to watch the movie first so I can be surprised by any kind of plot twists that are in the story and I hear Gone Girl has some good twists. But I decided to read the book first this time.

Sat May 10, 2014 4:58 am
Director

Finished Jack Kerouac's On the Road. Mixed on it, even after reading up on the writer and historical context. There are some beautiful passages of poetic power, especially around the music and large group of friends getting together. But it's too rambling for my taste, and things not revolving around Dean Moriarty lack in energy a lot. Such as when Sal is traveling alone in the book's early going-ons. More of a curious peek into a culture and time than a satisfying read on its own.

Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 pm
Director

The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Phillip Pullman. Written in style and events of gospels with Pullman-ish spin on things. Sometimes too familiar, but thought-provoking and even powerful towards the end.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30