Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:14 am

Politics 
Cinematographer

Post Re: Politics
Evenflow, I agree with you on many points.

I agree that the stimulus bill will be a good thing for America; it is completely necessary right now. I just wish that people would stop complaining about earmarks and actually look up what an earmark is (public works for a specific state, they generally are a good thing... you know, creating jobs and improving states overall).

Rush Limbaugh is a complete blowfish and has been spewing the same crap that he always has, people are just now taking notice because it's being spewed over a president that has a majority approval.

Poor Green Day. Oh well, they had their heyday.

I think that Obama's race was best explained by Mike Huckabee. He said that as a child growing up in the south, he witnessed firsthand the violence and the demonstrations that occurred during the Civil Rights Movement. He knows how far African Americans have come as a culture and where they are today. Yet Obama was not elected because he was Black, or rather in spite of this; he is president because he is Obama.

Concerning Leno, I think that it's ok for a president still in his honeymoon period to have some fun. He's done enough work by now to deserve it (especially since Bush took more vacation days than any president before him). I think it is also important for a president to do public relations stunts like this even as his presidency matures, however. It shows that he is a casual guy capable of having fun and relating to people, which is important in keeping public opinion to his advantage; after all, public opinion is one of the best tools a president can use to exact his policies within Congress and the federal bureaucracy.

AIG... *sigh*...

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 pm
Assistant Second Unit Director

Post Re: Politics
People often complain that we don't have any choice in who we vote for. We have third parties. Just nobody cares enough to vote for them. In 2012 election in voted Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Candidate. The Libertarian party is still the best choice for a third party that i ever seen.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm