Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:25 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Your desert island music choices are? 
Author Message
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
I'm bored and I'm going to disregard Rob's rules even further, I'm going to pick 50 songs period!

1. Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
2. Painkiller - Judas Priest
3. Living After Midnight - Judas Priest
4. Electric Eye - Judas Priest
5. Touch of Evil - Judas Priest
6. Nightcrawler - Judas Priest
7. The Sentinel - Judas Priest
8. My Curse - Killswitch Engage
9. Arms of Sorrow - Killswitch Engage
10. Rose of Sharyn - Killswitch Engage
11. End of Heartache - Killswitch Enage
12. One - Metallica
13. Master of Puppets - Metallica
14. The Memory Remains - Metallica
15. Liar - Henry Rollins Band
16. Ready to Fall - Rise Against
17. The Good Left Undone - Rise Against
18. Subdivisions - Rush
19. Tom Sawyer - Rush
20. Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
21. Everlong - Foo Fighters
22. My Hero - Foo Fighters
23. Ace of Spades - Motorhead
24. Sugar - System of a Down
25. Chop Suey - System of a Down
26. Lonely Day - System of a Down
27. Decode - Paramore
28. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
29. Like a Stone - Audioslave
30. Cochise - Audioslave
31. Wish - Nine Inch Nails
32. March of the Pigs - Nine Inch Nails
33. The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails
34. The Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
35. Still of the Night - Whitesnake
36. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
37. Separate Ways - Journey
38. Wheel in the Sky - Journey
39. Just the Same Way - Journey
40. Heaven Besides You - Alice in Chains
41. Would - Alice in Chains
42. Addiction - Kanye West
43. Through the Wire - Kanye West
44. Idioteque - Radiohead
45. Optimistic - Radiohead
46. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
47. There, There - Radiohead
48. Send Me an Angel - Scorpions
49. I Don't Believe in Love - Queensryche
50. Speak - Queensryche


Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
Patrick wrote:
I'm bored and I'm going to disregard Rob's rules even further, I'm going to pick 50 songs period!

1. Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
2. Painkiller - Judas Priest
3. Living After Midnight - Judas Priest
4. Electric Eye - Judas Priest
5. Touch of Evil - Judas Priest
6. Nightcrawler - Judas Priest
7. The Sentinel - Judas Priest
8. My Curse - Killswitch Engage
9. Arms of Sorrow - Killswitch Engage
10. Rose of Sharyn - Killswitch Engage
11. End of Heartache - Killswitch Enage
12. One - Metallica
13. Master of Puppets - Metallica
14. The Memory Remains - Metallica
15. Liar - Henry Rollins Band
16. Ready to Fall - Rise Against
17. The Good Left Undone - Rise Against
18. Subdivisions - Rush
19. Tom Sawyer - Rush
20. Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
21. Everlong - Foo Fighters
22. My Hero - Foo Fighters
23. Ace of Spades - Motorhead
24. Sugar - System of a Down
25. Chop Suey - System of a Down
26. Lonely Day - System of a Down
27. Decode - Paramore
28. Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
29. Like a Stone - Audioslave
30. Cochise - Audioslave
31. Wish - Nine Inch Nails
32. March of the Pigs - Nine Inch Nails
33. The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails
34. The Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
35. Still of the Night - Whitesnake
36. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
37. Separate Ways - Journey
38. Wheel in the Sky - Journey
39. Just the Same Way - Journey
40. Heaven Besides You - Alice in Chains
41. Would - Alice in Chains
42. Addiction - Kanye West
43. Through the Wire - Kanye West
44. Idioteque - Radiohead
45. Optimistic - Radiohead
46. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
47. There, There - Radiohead
48. Send Me an Angel - Scorpions
49. I Don't Believe in Love - Queensryche
50. Speak - Queensryche



You devil :-)
I actually think thid is more interesting than my original question as it says so much about a person's musical taste.
So I'll add "The End" by The doors to my Mopathon.

FYI - One of the members of Journey lives round the corner from me! really nice guy, always helping out with the schools etc.

Rob


Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
ok, we follow the saint.

1. last flowers to the hospital - Radiohead
2. fake plastic trees - Radiohead(live in glastonbury)
3. exit music(for a film) - Radiohead
4. Idiotique - Radiohead
5. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
6. Vincent - Don Mclean
7. He was my brother - Simon & Garfunkel
8. Sound of silence - Simon & Garfunkel
9. Hljómalind- Sigur Rós
10. Hoppípolla - Sigur Rós
11. Starálfur - Sigur Rós
12. Time - Pink Floyd
13. Us And Them - Pink Floyd
14. Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd
15. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
16. Shine on you crazy diamond - Pink Floyd
17. Black dog - Led Zeppelin
18. Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin
19. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
20. Going to California - Led Zeppelin
21. Ocean - Led Zeppelin
22. In my time of dying - Led Zeppelin
23. I remember - Damien Rice
24. America - Simon & Garfunkel
25. silent night - Lisa Hannigan
26. Judgment - Anathema
27. Dead Marines - A Silver Mt. Zion
28. Alone - Green Carnation
29. Closure - Opeth
30. Face of Malinda - Opeth(roundhouse tapes)
31. Waiting - Porcupine Tree
32. stranger by the minute - Porcupine Tree
33. Russia on Ice - Porcupine Tree
34. Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled - Porcupine Tree
35. Wedding Nails - Porcupine Tree
36. Drown With Me - Porcupine Tree
37. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - Porcupine Tree
38. Stars Die - Porcupine Tree
39. The Sound of Muzak - Porcupine Tree
40. Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
41. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
42. The River - Bruce Springsteen
43. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Metallica
44. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - Metallica
45. Now We Are Free - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard
46. Hallowed be Thy Name - Iron Maiden
47. On Raglan Road - The Dubliners
48. Videotape - Radiohead
49. Mellotron Scratch - Porcupine Tree
50. Collapse the Light into Earth - Porcupine Tree


yeah....


Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:02 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
You gentlemen have fine taste in music!

Try some Opeth, Paddy, should fall in nicely with your other musical tastes.

Arcade Fire for those who prefer lighter fare.


Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:02 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
ed_metal_head wrote:
Arcade Fire for those who prefer lighter fare.


"My Body is A Cage" - simply epic track that hardly came off my iTunes player for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob


Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
ed_metal_head wrote:
You gentlemen have fine taste in music!

Try some Opeth, Paddy, should fall in nicely with your other musical tastes.

Arcade Fire for those who prefer lighter fare.


I'm not that into death metal, especially European death metal.


Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:22 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
oh me gaad! oh me gaad!! ...... i dont know what i was thinking...completely forgot about protest songs or anything before
the 20th century. anyway, i wont edit...
BONUS TRACK - Blowing in the wind - Bob Dylan.
i need to have one.



Robert Holloway wrote:
"My Body is A Cage" - simply epic track that hardly came off my iTunes player for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob



Robert Holloway wrote:
I bought the CD
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
I bought
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
bought
Rob


what is this "bought" you speak of?--------->:looks "bought" up in the dictionary: ---------> :o ---------> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:55 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
ed_metal_head wrote:
You gentlemen have fine taste in music!


why, thanks ed. the inclusion of porcupine tree always elevates any playlist.....................im assuming your name is ed.

Patrick wrote:
I'm not that into death metal, especially European death metal.


im not either. only ever listened to them because of porcupine tree. the lead of PT(steven wilson) produced 3 of their albums. but opeth aren't death metal. well they are, but they're oft on their best when they're prog leaning and ankerfeldt is doing clean vocals. IMO that is.

29. Closure - Opeth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6st1giffA

the last 3-4 mins of this im always head banging and dancing around the room like a monkey after an adrenalin shot.
watch the full thing. turn up the volume to full(very important). it'll be worth it. trust me, your saintiness.


Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
I finally thought of a real soundtrack I would bring...Chrono Trigger.

I mean you got Chrono's theme, Frog's theme, The Kingdom of Zeal, Magus's theme, the major boss battles and many others. Best music in a video game ever.


Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
The 50 song disc would have to be Iron Maiden or Ramones.

As for the soundtrack, that's going to be a tough choice. Do I go for the score or a soundtrack with lots of great music? For the sake of giving an answer I will be jettisoned with the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.


Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
I'll cop out and use Frank Zappa's music for my 50 songs, since he has worked in so many different styles that I would still have a decent amount of variety. And it would feed my jones for intense musical performances.


Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
These 50 songs woudl be necessary to my survival. I would DIE otherwise, and if someone tried to take them from me, they would die, too. Also, I am going to follow Patrick's lead and just throw up 50.


50. System Of A Down - Toxicity
49. Oasis - Live Forever
48. The Manic Street Preachers - Yes
47. Pavement - In The Mouth Of A Desert
46. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)
45. Bruce Springsteen - Highway Patrolman
44. Weezer - Across The Sea
43. Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror
42. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
41. Incubus - Zee Deveel
40. Joy Division - She's Lost Control
39. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
38. Big Star - September Gurls
37. The Replacements - Bastards Of Young
36. Husker Du - Girl Who Lives On Heaven's Hill
35. Elton John - Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
34. Morrissey -Every Day Is Like Sunday
33. Nirvana - Aneurysm
32. Soundgarden - Outshined
31. The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping
30. System Of A Down - Chop Suey
29. Fugazi - Shut The Door
28. Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
27. The Clash - London Calling
26. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
25. Nine Inch Nails - Ruiner
24. The Buzzcocks - Harmony In My Head
23. Marianne Faithfull - The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan
22. Liz Phair - Fuck And Run
21. The Manic Street Preachers - Kevin Carter
20. Slayer - Spirit In Black
19. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
18. Eminem - Marshall Mathers
17. Magazine - Shot By Both Sides
16. Dinosaur - Little Fury Things
15. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
14. Aimee Mann - Wise Up
13. The Pogues - The Sickbed Of Cuchulainn
12. The Pixies - This Monkey's Gone To Heaven
11. Jane's Addiction - Ted, Just Admit It...
10. Nick Drake - River Man
9. The Manic Street Preachers - 4st. 7lbs.
8. System Of A Down - Holy Mountains
7. Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City
6. Dinosaur Jr. - Sludgefeast
5. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
4. The Smashing Pumpkins - Soma
3. Husker Du - Celebrated Summer
2. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
1. Pearl Jam - Black


If I HAD to pick an artist, it would be System Of A Down, as their entire discography is quality, and two of the albums (Toxivity, Hypnotize) are masterpieces outright, and if one soundtrack, probably 'The Harder They Come'. It is such a bargain.


Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
Robert Holloway wrote:
"My Body is A Cage" - simply epic track that hardly came off my iTunes player for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob


x2

Hell yeah it is! That's my favourite song from them, and it's hidden away as the last track on the album.

Patrick wrote:
I'm not that into death metal, especially European death metal.


I wasn't either, but Opeth sucked me in. I couldn't stand the death growl/cookie monster vocals, but now I'm hooked to the genre. Try some of their clean stuff, it's amazing.

aameen wrote:
why, thanks ed. the inclusion of porcupine tree always elevates any playlist.....................im assuming your name is ed.


You assume correctly. ;)


Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
aameen wrote:
oh me gaad! oh me gaad!! ...... i dont know what i was thinking...completely forgot about protest songs or anything before
the 20th century. anyway, i wont edit...
BONUS TRACK - Blowing in the wind - Bob Dylan.
i need to have one.



Robert Holloway wrote:
"My Body is A Cage" - simply epic track that hardly came off my iTunes player for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
for weeks after I bought the CD
Rob



Robert Holloway wrote:
I bought the CD
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
I bought
Rob


Robert Holloway wrote:
bought
Rob


what is this "bought" you speak of?--------->:looks "bought" up in the dictionary: ---------> :o ---------> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



ermm - past tense of buy?
Rob


Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:41 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
Evenflow8112 wrote:
These 50 songs woudl be necessary to my survival. I would DIE otherwise, and if someone tried to take them from me, they would die, too. Also, I am going to follow Patrick's lead and just throw up 50.


50. System Of A Down - Toxicity
49. Oasis - Live Forever
48. The Manic Street Preachers - Yes
47. Pavement - In The Mouth Of A Desert
46. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)
45. Bruce Springsteen - Highway Patrolman
44. Weezer - Across The Sea
43. Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror
42. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
41. Incubus - Zee Deveel
40. Joy Division - She's Lost Control
39. Nick Drake - Pink Moon
38. Big Star - September Gurls
37. The Replacements - Bastards Of Young
36. Husker Du - Girl Who Lives On Heaven's Hill
35. Elton John - Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
34. Morrissey -Every Day Is Like Sunday
33. Nirvana - Aneurysm
32. Soundgarden - Outshined
31. The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping
30. System Of A Down - Chop Suey
29. Fugazi - Shut The Door
28. Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen
27. The Clash - London Calling
26. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
25. Nine Inch Nails - Ruiner
24. The Buzzcocks - Harmony In My Head
23. Marianne Faithfull - The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan
22. Liz Phair - Fuck And Run
21. The Manic Street Preachers - Kevin Carter
20. Slayer - Spirit In Black
19. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
18. Eminem - Marshall Mathers
17. Magazine - Shot By Both Sides
16. Dinosaur - Little Fury Things
15. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
14. Aimee Mann - Wise Up
13. The Pogues - The Sickbed Of Cuchulainn
12. The Pixies - This Monkey's Gone To Heaven
11. Jane's Addiction - Ted, Just Admit It...
10. Nick Drake - River Man
9. The Manic Street Preachers - 4st. 7lbs.
8. System Of A Down - Holy Mountains
7. Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City
6. Dinosaur Jr. - Sludgefeast
5. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
4. The Smashing Pumpkins - Soma
3. Husker Du - Celebrated Summer
2. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
1. Pearl Jam - Black


If I HAD to pick an artist, it would be System Of A Down, as their entire discography is quality, and two of the albums (Toxivity, Hypnotize) are masterpieces outright, and if one soundtrack, probably 'The Harder They Come'. It is such a bargain.


Simply epic list!

It's like you've just given us a guide to 50 great tracks we should download!

Good to see Mozzer in there!

Thanks
Rob


Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:44 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
Gracias, Mr. Holloway ;)



By the way, it should be noted theat I mean the re-mixed version of 'Black' on Pearl Jam's greatest hits record, 'Rearviewmirror'. It has twice the impact of the still-remarkable original.


Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:37 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
Robert Holloway wrote:
ermm - past tense of buy?
Rob


huh?
it...it was a joke, man. about how buying music is lame and piracy is the way to go.
i dont even know if you got it and are continuing it. :? maybe im being an idiot now, but i dont even know.


Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
aameen wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
ermm - past tense of buy?
Rob


huh?
it...it was a joke, man. about how buying music is lame and piracy is the way to go.
i dont even know if you got it and are continuing it. :? maybe im being an idiot now, but i dont even know.


That sentence in bold above? This is the sentence that occurs to me whenever I'm on the internet, a place where irony is being clubbed to death with irony and sarcasm is the language that all others need to be translated into.

It's gotten so that if I'm in a movie theater and don't witness at least two people surfing the internet on their phones I feel out of sorts, confused, and disoriented. Is this my beautiful house? Is this my beautiful wife?


Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:07 am
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
For me it would be the Underbelly CD I made. There was an official version released featuring songs from the TV sseries but they left out Spiderbait, they left out Kasey Chambers and Jenny Morris. I ripped the CD then reburnt it these tunes included.

Might do the same thing with A Tale of Two Cities as that had ear worms like Bad Habits and Going to the Casino.


Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:57 pm
Post Re: Your desert island music choices are?
a little late on topic, but i'll put in my two cents:

The Fifth Element - the score be eric serra. (didn't specify if original score or ost, so i went with score)

and...

Nick Cave. Lots and lots of nick cave. He's NOT my favorite artist, but there's lots of stuff of his i haven't listened to yet. And it's so wonderfully diverse.


Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr