Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Talk about whatever, version 1.0. 
Assistant Second Unit Director

Post Re: Talk about whatever, version 1.0.
ram1312 #4 was born on January 8, 2013. Mama's water broke at 2am that morning. At 3am she was said to be 3cm dilated. No contractions or labor pains. 10am she is given pitocin to augment labor. 11am, contractions come...with vigor. Contractions every 1 minute that last about 3 minutes. Powerful contractions, mind you. 1152 am she is checked to be at 6cm. Mama cannot believe she has 4 more cm to go after those intense contractions. Doesn't want to, but asks for epidural (last two kiddies were born without the use). In waiting for epidural, the baby comes instead. She is born at 1208. 7 lbs, 15 oz, 20 inches long, 13 inch head. Mom's did incredible.

Attachment:
Ariana2.jpg
Ariana2.jpg [ 38.63 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

On to calling the doctor to chop off the ram rod.

I didn't mean to perpetuate the mexican stereotype.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm
Producer

Post Re: Talk about whatever, version 1.0.
ram1312 wrote:
Ken wrote:
Busy day today.

My band is being interviewed on Lansing Community College Radio at 9:45-ish... radio show about local music. Then they're broadcasting a show we're playing at noon. Then we're playing another show later in the evening.

I expect at least one and a half panties to be thrown at me.

Curious how this went homeboy...

It was aight. The radio interview was short. Our drummer did most of the talking. He's had the most experience in bands, so I guess that makes sense.

We played a show at a downtown cafe at noon, which was for the radio broadcast. It went pretty well, and I remembered the dude who played after us from a show that I played nine years and two bands ago. We played quietly and our ordinarily hard-hitting drummer had to restrain himself and play with brushes. I thought it sounded good, though I haven't heard what it sounded like over the air.

The evening show kind of sucked. The venue didn't have its own PA, so we ended up using mostly our own PA stuff plus the other band's mixer. There was tons of mic feedback, which meant that our singer couldn't move and we couldn't set up background vocal mics.

Also, the other band ended up screwing us. They were headlining, and our deal was to split our take 50/50. Due to the difficulties with the shitty equipment situation, we ended up going on late and they used that as leverage to give us 30/70 instead. Never mind that we brought in a hell of a lot more people than they did and we let them use a bunch of our stuff. So fuck them in their stupid ugly faces.

Also, I got stuck working the door after our set, which severely curtailed my ability to attempt to be attractive to women.

Other than that, we played well and did our best with a crummy setup.

Some photos. The first one looks like an advertisement for coffee.

ram1312 wrote:
ram1312 #4 was born on January 8, 2013. Mama's water broke at 2am that morning. At 3am she was said to be 3cm dilated. No contractions or labor pains. 10am she is given pitocin to augment labor. 11am, contractions come...with vigor. Contractions every 1 minute that last about 3 minutes. Powerful contractions, mind you. 1152 am she is checked to be at 6cm. Mama cannot believe she has 4 more cm to go after those intense contractions. Doesn't want to, but asks for epidural (last two kiddies were born without the use). In waiting for epidural, the baby comes instead. She is born at 1208. 7 lbs, 15 oz, 20 inches long, 13 inch head. Mom's did incredible.

Attachment:
Ariana2.jpg

On to calling the doctor to chop off the ram rod.

I didn't mean to perpetuate the mexican stereotype.

Eeexcellent.

She reminds me of this.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10