Post Re: best harry potter books
Goblet
Deathly Hallows
Prince
Azkaban
Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone
Chamber
Order

But it's a big ass gulf between Chamber and Order. How can anyone equate Harry being an emo bastard with quality writing?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:43 pm
Mine from top to bottom:

Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hollows
Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Order of the Phoenix
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerer's Stone

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 pm
order of the phoenix
half-blood prince
sorcerer's stone
deathly hallows
prisoner of azkaban
goblet of fire
chamber of secrets

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Sorcerer's Stone
Deathly Hallows
Chamber of Secrets
Half-Blood Prince

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:56 pm
Hold on a moment. I thought Harry Potter was a series of movies that spawned all sorts of spin offs, like books and toys etc.

:-)

My girlfriend read the lot. I just don't read - my loss I know

Rob

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 am
I didn't like Order of the Phoenix too much, but starting with Goblet of Fire the rest of the series was amazing. My list:

Half-Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Deathly Hallows
Prisoner of Azkaban
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Order of the Phoenix

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:57 pm
half blood prince is so damn good

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm
It surprises me that a lot of people think Order of the Phoenix is one of the weaker books in the series - it's my fave. Perhaps b/c it heavily involves Sirius Black (my fave character).

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm
sheryl wrote:
It surprises me that a lot of people think Order of the Phoenix is one of the weaker books in the series - it's my fave. Perhaps b/c it heavily involves Sirius Black (my fave character).

So you liked seeing Harry bitch and moan and act all emo-like especially when his friends wanted to help. It's almost a shocking miracle that the movie adapt was the best of the bunch cause they removed almost all the emo-ness.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:16 pm
Patrick wrote:
sheryl wrote:

So you liked seeing Harry bitch and moan and act all emo-like especially when his friends wanted to help. It's almost a shocking miracle that the movie adapt was the best of the bunch cause they removed almost all the emo-ness.

I remember thinking "When did Harry turn into Anakin Skywalker?"
;)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:18 pm
I think they're all pretty weak. I have never understood the Harry Potter phenomenon.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 pm
Patrick wrote:
sheryl wrote:

lol not initially. This may sound pathetic but I read the series once a year so I've read Book 5 a few times... it grows on me. Perhaps I've become more forgiving but it has become my favorite. I love the whole underground movement (Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army) plot.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 pm
sheryl wrote:
Patrick wrote:
sheryl wrote:

lol not initially. This may sound pathetic but I read the series once a year so I've read Book 5 a few times... it grows on me. Perhaps I've become more forgiving but it has become my favorite. I love the whole underground movement (Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore's Army) plot.

The Dumbledore's Army part of the plot was actually pretty interesting. That being said, it's still my least favorite. ><

7. Order of the Phoenix
6. Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorcerer's Stone
4. Deathly Hallows
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Half-Blood Prince
1. Goblet of Fire

That ALL being said, Harry Potter is the only series I've ever really gone out of my way to read. Even Order of the Phoenix is a pretty good read.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:10 pm
3,6,7,4,5,1,2. descending in favorite-ness.

and yeah, that emo thing - really bad writing.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 am
sheryl wrote:
Patrick wrote:
sheryl wrote:

Order is my favorite too. I liked his "bitching and moaning." I would've bitched and moaned. His life DID suck. It was WARRANTED. Haha.

I think Order is love/hate.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 am
Half-Blood Prince
Deathly Hallows (if not for the insanely drawn-out camping scenes, it would be my number one)
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerer's Stone

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:07 pm
The Prince's Tale chapter is my favorite (book 6, the one about Snape's childhood memories).
Makes me cry each time I read it

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:03 pm
sheryl wrote:
The Prince's Tale chapter is my favorite (book 6, the one about Snape's childhood memories).
Makes me cry each time I read it

i think if i consider chapters - that one has to be my favorite too. even though you see whats coming a mile back, it still gets you. awesome choice.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:51 pm
Cinematographer

Honestly, they're all pretty bad. If you haven't read them, you are only missing out in that you don't know what everyone else is talking about.

Half Blood Prince
Goblet of Fire
Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets
Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's... whatever)
Deathly Hallows
Order of the Phoenix

Ok, did anyone else notice that there was about 100 pages in Deathly Hallows of Harry and Hermione not talking while camping? Waste of time.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 am