Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:28 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
Football (the one played only with the foot) 
Author Message
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
aameen wrote:
WHERE ARE THE OTHER FOOTBALL FANS???? WHY IS THIS THREAD DEAD??? only me and ed....

c'mon people give it something.

i know! give me predictions!!

im going for barca and man u going through. i want barca and arsenal to go through.
there.


Although I follow football closely at the moment, this being the time of the year when titles are being won or lost, I couldn't care less about the champions league. Same teams as usual, 3/4 English. Yawn.


Mon May 04, 2009 3:37 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
aameen wrote:
WHERE ARE THE OTHER FOOTBALL FANS???? WHY IS THIS THREAD DEAD??? only me and ed....

c'mon people give it something.

i know! give me predictions!!

im going for barca and man u going through. i want barca and arsenal to go through.
there.


Sorry guys, I'm really busy at work these days and tend to focus on the cinematic journey thread

As you may know I'm an Arsenal Fan since 1971

So....

Barca thrash Real and set up a greta tie with Chelsea. I hate Chelski, but I think they will win 1-0. Guus is lucky

Man U were by far the better team last week but it's another game. I see 1-1. I wish I didn't, but I do. i hope I'm wrong.

Man U v Chelski again
Rob


Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
I disagree with The Man with the Camera on the Arsenal game. Man U has looked a bit soft at the back in recent weeks and I think (hope?) that the gunners can exploit them. I do hope they attack from the start though. 3-1 Arsenal.

Chelsea at home should be a tougher assignment for Barca than the porous Real defence. I agree with Rob and call it a 1-0.


Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
I disagree with The Man with the Camera on the Arsenal game. Man U has looked a bit soft at the back in recent weeks and I think (hope?) that the gunners can exploit them. I do hope they attack from the start though. 3-1 Arsenal.

Chelsea at home should be a tougher assignment for Barca than the porous Real defence. I agree with Rob and call it a 1-0.


Arsenal's been looking soft for the past three seasons... How I long for the days when we had Vieria, Adams and Campbell. These days we've resorted to using Man U rejects like Silverste while losing our only recognised DMF Flamini. And don't even get me started on Senderos... good riddance!

Despite all our creativity and attacking flair, all ManU need is a single goal. I think for us to have any chance we're gonna have to go for it from the onset and score at least three goals.

Go Arsenal !!!


Tue May 05, 2009 12:24 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
Of course I hope for 2-0 or 3-1. i just don't see it.
but I'll be very happily wrong.
Sadly for me I have a client meeting and will miss the match :-(
Rob


Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
new_xieland wrote:
And don't even get me started on Senderos... good riddance!


Isn't he only on loan at Milan? I always assumed he'd be back.


Tue May 05, 2009 12:10 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
new_xieland wrote:
And don't even get me started on Senderos... good riddance!


Isn't he only on loan at Milan? I always assumed he'd be back.



I hope he stays there... forever... :twisted:

But feeling gutted after Arsenal's capitulation this morning. Again we were undone by a simple defensive error. The game was pretty much over after the first ten minutes. Now will you please buy some decent defenders this summer Arsene !!!


Tue May 05, 2009 9:44 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
Well that was awful. My only solace is that I guessed the score would be 3-1. Wrong side though :cry:


Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
Well that was awful. My only solace is that I guessed the score would be 3-1. Wrong side though :cry:


My only solace is that we lost the game in the first 10 minutes as opposed to the last 2 minutes in the case of Chelsea...

And so another year without a trophy... man I'd take the Carling Cup right now.


Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
The referee for that Chelsea/Barca game had a horrible match. Chelsea should've had at least one penalty and Barca's Abidal should've never been sent off.


Thu May 07, 2009 12:44 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
The referee for that Chelsea/Barca game had a horrible match. Chelsea should've had at least one penalty and Barca's Abidal should've never been sent off.

yup, pique's handball was definitely a penalty. eto'o's could have been too. but on the flip side, henry in the first leg should have had a penalty too, and ballack given a red card. and drogba and ballack at the end were just....something we will all make fun of for at least a year or 2.
all in all, i think drogba summarized it perfectly, "its a fucking disgrace." although, why that is, our opinions may differ.


and finally, something that makes it all worth it:






















Image






Image

here's the link: http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2009/05/ ... ael_b.html im sure better ones will come in a week or two. :D


Thu May 07, 2009 1:39 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
I seriously thought Ballack was going to assault the ref. I turned the tv off after the final whistle so I missed the Drogba histrionics which is unfortunate since I understand that was the most interesting part of the match.


Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
I have never ever understood football,Very confusing sport but man is it popular all over.
and that Beckham guy!!!He is more of a movie star/Socialite rather than the greatest footballer of our times(Not denying his obvious talent mind you,just that he is really OUT there)


Sat May 16, 2009 2:51 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
rishi85 wrote:
I have never ever understood football,Very confusing sport but man is it popular all over.
and that Beckham guy!!!He is more of a movie star/Socialite rather than the greatest footballer of our times(Not denying his obvious talent mind you,just that he is really OUT there)


Quite right on Beckham. Footie isn't really confusing at all compared to other sports. I just spent a few hours watching a guy fielding at silly mid-on. Try explaining that to people.


Sat May 16, 2009 2:04 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
rishi85 wrote:
I have never ever understood football,Very confusing sport but man is it popular all over.
and that Beckham guy!!!He is more of a movie star/Socialite rather than the greatest footballer of our times(Not denying his obvious talent mind you,just that he is really OUT there)


Quite right on Beckham. Footie isn't really confusing at all compared to other sports. I just spent a few hours watching a guy fielding at silly mid-on. Try explaining that to people.

whats so confusing about that.
you've got a leg spinner piling on some pressure at someone from the lower order. of course you're gonna have a silly mid on.


Sat May 16, 2009 10:08 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
Since I am not working on the 27th and because I should relish the fact that a soccer game is being broadcast on regular ol' cable and because I have nothing better to do...I will watch the final.

My prediction is 2-2.

ManU win on penalties.

I wager 1,000 Hungarian dollars on it!


Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
2-1 to Man United.

aameen wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:
Quite right on Beckham. Footie isn't really confusing at all compared to other sports. I just spent a few hours watching a guy fielding at silly mid-on. Try explaining that to people.

whats so confusing about that.
you've got a leg spinner piling on some pressure at someone from the lower order. of course you're gonna have a silly mid on.


I dunno, unless he bowls a googly I don't see silly mid on coming in to the equation...


Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 am
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
Minutes before the game and I find myself not caring. Right now I'm rooting for Rome's Olympic Stadium more than the teams. Hopefully, once the match starts this will change.


Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
ed_metal_head wrote:
Minutes before the game and I find myself not caring. Right now I'm rooting for Rome's Olympic Stadium more than the teams. Hopefully, once the match starts this will change.

same here. only its late at night, have to stay up so this is definitely an "event". so that increases the tension. more excited about the tevez transfer saga than this to be honest. :lol:


will special 1 tv do an episode? anyone know?


Wed May 27, 2009 2:30 pm
Post Re: UEFA Champions League
2-0 to Barca. Can't say they didn't deserve it. On the night they were the better team. At least I got the pleasure of taunting a friend afterwards. Until next season I guess.

Transfer time is always exciting. Apart from Tevez I wonder about C. Ronaldo. Will the spoilt child stay or go?


Thu May 28, 2009 11:39 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr