Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Funny Theater Stories 
Post Funny Theater Stories
I went to a screening of Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li tonight (awful awful movie, stay far far away) and as I was walking out I spotted a guy in the middle row fast asleep. He was really out of it too, his mouth was hanging wide open! The movie was really boring but you'd think all the explosions and gun fire would have kept him awake.

Do you guys have any funny theater stories?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am
Post Re: Funny Theater Stories
I have plenty of theater stories. One time during the opening weekend of V for Vendetta a guy got up from his seat and headed towards the aisle and vomited in the aisle our side of the theater shouted a collective OOOOOH!

However the theater experience for Spiderman 3 was much more epic. This guy would not stop talking during the movie and after a few warning shushes he would not shut up so the guy sitting directly in front of him finally got up told him to shut the fuck up and the one making all the noise got up and acted all tough until the annoyed guy who was much bigger just trucked him in the face and a small fight broke out with the talkative one ending up on the floor gasping for air. Everyone cheered and the Victor sat back down like nothing happened.

Quite possibly the best part of Spiderman 3.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:27 pm
Arsenal84 wrote:
I have plenty of theater stories. One time during the opening weekend of V for Vendetta a guy got up from his seat and headed towards the aisle and vomited in the aisle our side of the theater shouted a collective OOOOOH!

However the theater experience for Spiderman 3 was much more epic. This guy would not stop talking during the movie and after a few warning shushes he would not shut up so the guy sitting directly in front of him finally got up told him to shut the fuck up and the one making all the noise got up and acted all tough until the annoyed guy who was much bigger just trucked him in the face and a small fight broke out with the talkative one ending up on the floor gasping for air. Everyone cheered and the Victor sat back down like nothing happened.

Quite possibly the best part of Spiderman 3.

You might as well let the guy talked...probably been more entertaining than the movie.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:35 pm
I can't stand people talking during a movie. I would rather see them get punched in the face. I made the unfortunate mistake of bring my dad to go see Passion of the Christ. He is fluent in italian so he felt the need to translate... of all the movies he has talked during he translated the scene where the Roman soldiers where counting how many lashings they gave Jesus and then saying "Damn, they are laying a beating on Jesus" (while eating nachos and a snickers bar) I was embarrassed but in retrospect it is an entertaining story.

Now he wants to go see The International unfortunately for him I am always too busy.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:31 am
at benjamin button, around the third quarter mark, when they're in bed, blanchette tells button: "you're getting younger", and i go: "Gasp! she figured it out!"

i'm not generally a jack-ass at movies, but sometimes, i just can't help it.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 am
The Spiderman 3 scene where Peter goes for a stroll as creeper emo douchebag and makes an obscene attempt at acting like a player got literally the ENTIRE theatre crowd laughing at it like stand-up, the scene where he came out of the store and did a little victory dance we all exploded - the funny part was that the laughter was in mockery and was definetely not intended.

When peter got his "heard broken" on the bridge, the general perception of the audience as that it was flat out pathetic and a bunch of people applauded :P harsh times.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:52 pm
Ok here's another one. My friend Scott is an extremely obscene person and when both of us were walking to enter the theater to go see Good Night and Good Luck, we noticed that in the theater playing next to us was Brokeback Mountain so my friend Scott opens the door of Brokeback Mountain sticks his head in and yells "A GUY GETS FUCKED," and you could hear the entire theater bust out laughing. It was unreal because he has absolutely no shame whatsoever.

EDIT: About a year later, Scott and I were at my apartment watching Brokeback Mountain for the first time, and the very first sex scene my friend Scott turns to me and says "I'm getting kinda hard right now" I was creeped out and scared and I just moved my seat sitting next to my roommate who was drunk at the time. Telling me that Brokeback Mountain is his favorite Anne Hathaway movie.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:08 pm