Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi, my name is moviemkr7, and I'm a ReelViews addict 
Assistant Director

Post Hi, my name is moviemkr7, and I'm a ReelViews addict
Seriously, I check this site more often than I check Facebook. I love reading JB's stuff, I love reading the conversations (specifically hoping that I can guess the movie pic right), and I love the intellectual conversations, and especially the humor.

Is there anyone else who is as obsessed with ReelViews as I am?

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Post Re: Hi, my name is moviemkr7, and I'm a ReelViews addict
I probably check Reelviews more than I check Facebook. Not that there's much going on with Facebook.

There are a few forums that I visit frequently, and this is one of them. Good discussion, targeted at my interests.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 am
I check the forum at least once a day but don't feel as moved to comment like in the days of yore. The reasons for this are perfectly good.

Now, when I was OOC I didn't check the forum but every four or five weeks and I never went through a single symptom of withdrawal. Not surprising what you can get used to. I like the forum, of course, but would be perfectly fine if it went under. We all would.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 pm
I check this forum at least a dozen times per day, i'm on here more then almost any other site(barring TVtropes of course).

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:29 pm
This thread's somewhat of a head-scratcher to me. I understand people enjoy this forum (as do I), but the site itself isn't multi-dimensional and certain parts of the forum are bereft/pointless to start threads in. I think my four threads on the first page of OD account for nearly 80% of the posts in this section. That is depressing. The TV section is similarly doomed to neglect.

Reelviews would be in my top 10 for actual daily site usage, but the only purpose it serves to me is the ability to talk to the posters of this forum and debate viewpoints. If it were not for this aspect, the entire domain of Reelviews.net would probably disappear from view in my life, all but excluding the times when James reviews a film I'm particularly excited about seeing.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 pm
Critic

I check the forums a lot too. I have to say that if I was faced with the choice of

A. Berardinelli never reviewing another film

or

B. The forum being taken down

I would easily choose A

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:23 pm
Assistant Director

When I created this forum, I meant to say that I'm addicted to both. Sometimes I reread forums and reviews/reelthoughts over and over again because they're so good.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
JamesKunz wrote:
I check the forums a lot too. I have to say that if I was faced with the choice of

A. Berardinelli never reviewing another film

or

B. The forum being taken down

I would easily choose A

And I would agree. I hope James wouldn't be too taken back if he ever reads this. He's still one my favourite critics (probably the favourite) but I've grown to enjoy reading forum updates much more than actual Reelviews updates.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:21 pm
I was once a member of a horror-film website called Slasherpool.com, I loved going to the forums and talking about slasher films and whatnot, the reviews were alright but not what I signed up for, and some of them seemed kinda lazy, when the site owner announced that there wouldn't be any more reviews, I was more concerned about the forum going down then the propsect of no more reviews, the forum stayed up for a little while longer, then me and the remaining members got our own private forum on Proboards, there's only or 4 members on there, but it's still good to visit every day nonetheless.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:32 pm
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:
I was once a member of a horror-film website called Slasherpool.com, I loved going to the forums and talking about slasher films and whatnot, the reviews were alright but not what I signed up for, and some of them seemed kinda lazy, when the site owner announced that there wouldn't be any more reviews, I was more concerned about the forum going down then the propsect of no more reviews, the forum stayed up for a little while longer, then me and the remaining members got our own private forum on Proboards, there's only or 4 members on there, but it's still good to visit every day nonetheless.

Never knew you were such a slasher buff, Vex. I thought you were an action junkie, regardless of quality.

And an I Heart Huckabee's fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 am
Profile WWW
moviemkr7 wrote:
Vexer wrote:

Never knew you were such a slasher buff, Vex. I thought you were an action junkie, regardless of quality.

And an I Heart Huckabee's fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I got into slasher films a few years before I got into action films, i've actually got a bunch of slashers lying around that I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 am
Vexer wrote:

A similar thing happened with me and my other forum community. There's no more than ten active members now if you include me. I don't visit there regularly anymore. I guess you could say I replaced it in favor of this place.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:34 am