Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Time Wasters and productivity killers. 
Author Message
Post Time Wasters and productivity killers.
post your favorite ways to avoid work in this thread.

Please give ADDICTIVE ratings so we know what we're in for. For example this one is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE-- http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html


Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Forums like this one can be somewhat addictive - you want to explore every new post, then by the time you are through them all there are lots of new ones posted.

Diablo II was the worst for me. Addictive gameplay + the goals of improving your character and getting the best items drove me to play it for large portions of the day (I had to give it up cold turkey a couple of times in order to actually get homework done, etc.)

And of course, the all-time winner, porn.


Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Trevor wrote:
Forums like this one can be somewhat addictive - you want to explore every new post, then by the time you are through them all there are lots of new ones posted.

Diablo II was the worst for me. Addictive gameplay + the goals of improving your character and getting the best items drove me to play it for large portions of the day (I had to give it up cold turkey a couple of times in order to actually get homework done, etc.)

And of course, the all-time winner, porn.


I don't think porn is safe for work Trev.

But depending on what's happening with your facebook, that can be very addicting.


Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:55 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Patrick wrote:
Trevor wrote:
Forums like this one can be somewhat addictive - you want to explore every new post, then by the time you are through them all there are lots of new ones posted.

Diablo II was the worst for me. Addictive gameplay + the goals of improving your character and getting the best items drove me to play it for large portions of the day (I had to give it up cold turkey a couple of times in order to actually get homework done, etc.)

And of course, the all-time winner, porn.


I don't think porn is safe for work Trev.

But depending on what's happening with your facebook, that can be very addicting.

Heh, my answers might be a little bit different since I work from home.


Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
If you fancy football of the non American variety then this game will allegedly suck your time and life away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2009


Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:35 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Trevor wrote:
Diablo II was the worst for me. Addictive gameplay + the goals of improving your character and getting the best items drove me to play it for large portions of the day (I had to give it up cold turkey a couple of times in order to actually get homework done, etc.)

Speaking of which, tower defense. You wanna upgrade all your stuff and make them better. It's masturbation in data form.


Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Lol facebook ruins my life. I've been really addicted to Spider Solitaire recently. I can beat a game on hard every other time. I also waste time by playing classical guitar. I just restrung the damn thing and I can finally learn how to play, but I think my hands are too small to do anything noteworthy.


Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:51 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
www.tribalwars.net


Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:07 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
MILDLY ADDICTIVE Miniature Golf http://www.ibogleif.dk/spil/flashspil/m ... nigolf.swf


Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Facebook, for me, is the biggest productivity killer of them all...not only do you have your profile, friends to update, notes to post, and people with whom to chat, but you have all those wonderful little apps with which to play.

For me, this forum is quickly becoming a close second. ;)


Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
MunichMan wrote:
post your favorite ways to avoid work in this thread.

Please give ADDICTIVE ratings so we know what we're in for. For example this one is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE-- http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html


Just got 77.61 seconds!!


Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
www.sporcle.com

I've spent way too much time on this site.


Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
http://tvtropes.org

It's like crack in word-form.


Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:15 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Shade wrote:
MunichMan wrote:
post your favorite ways to avoid work in this thread.

Please give ADDICTIVE ratings so we know what we're in for. For example this one is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE-- http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html


Just got 77.61 seconds!!


UNBELIEVABLE! Great job. 8-)


Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:10 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
ADayintheLife1979 wrote:
Facebook, for me, is the biggest productivity killer of them all...not only do you have your profile, friends to update, notes to post, and people with whom to chat, but you have all those wonderful little apps with which to play.

For me, this forum is quickly becoming a close second. ;)


Definitely. Especially since I was introduced to Mafia Wars by an evil friend. That kill my productivity. JOIN MY FAMILY PLEASE!! :)


Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:12 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Avoiding work at work or reasons to chuck a sickie? I'm a baker, I can't sneak off and not do the work, and I wouldn't make up an excuse to not go to work, but if I did, I can name some adult movies that will have you panting like a dog for weeks, but let's not go there. Underbelly, the first three seasons of 24 and an XBOX with ass Effect, Rock Band 2, Saints Row 2 and Smackdown vs Raw. You would need to book a week off work. No, a month.


Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:02 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
I'd post it, but that would be considered self-promo :oops:


I record a song a day, then re-work it ten to twenty times before I even think of releasing it. This kills my free time. Oh, and when the tracks don't sync up.... :x


Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:31 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Evenflow8112 wrote:
I'd post it, but that would be considered self-promo :oops:


I record a song a day, then re-work it ten to twenty times before I even think of releasing it. This kills my free time. Oh, and when the tracks don't sync up.... :x


now i dont mean to be rude, phil. you know we get along.....but isn't that the sig? i mean, shit, everybody's got something like this. (i dont, but thats only down to the fact that my "pieces" aren't even half decent.)no need to be ashamed. :D link it!!!


Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:47 pm
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
Evenflow8112 wrote:
I'd post it, but that would be considered self-promo :oops:


I record a song a day, then re-work it ten to twenty times before I even think of releasing it. This kills my free time. Oh, and when the tracks don't sync up.... :x


You can self-promote, just don't make it the whole of your post.


Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 am
Post Re: Time Wasters and productivity killers.
i know this drifts but productivity killers - power cuts. now i know that many here are US citizens and you guys know a power cut like emma watson knows acting.(bad example) but over here, in a not-a-big-city this side of the GM in the summer, its quite frequent.
when you're working on a model or lighting or whatever, everything seems to be going well then the power goes out and you're left stranded doing nothing, trying to keep a good frame of mind and of course you cant, even 15 mins destroys that. and the worst part is - when it does come back, and you've done you're thing you're convinced the previous one would have been better. its a shit feeling.


Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:18 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr