Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Opie and Anthony and the NAACP 
Director

Post Opie and Anthony and the NAACP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COhCCiMZ18k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKyF4PfgRQY&feature=related

These idiots reallt miss the point about the NAACP.

Sat May 21, 2011 3:54 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Opie and Anthony and the NAACP
After living in NJ for years and years, I can easily say that, while they are not as overwhelmingly ignorant and 'stoo-pid' as white racists, contemporary white liberals are a problem in an entirely different direction (this is not assuming corpen is one - but if he is, then I'm sorry for your loss). And frankly, if the NAACP thinks something like this is a problem, then they should probably read a history book and calm down, sip a martini, etc... America may never achieve total unification on racial issues (I personally think the idea of racism is embarrassing and instantly degrading to its advocates), but when something like this becomes a hot-button issue, it only makes the organization look out of touch and yes, a bit irrelevant. I think O&A are a little annoying myself (and their willingness to push a tea party agenda in tow makes me question their motives, and credibility in general), but they also spare me the disgusting sense of white guilt that emanates from every east coast liberal who thinks that every conversation with a minority group/individual is an excuse to apologize for a historical blemish.

My stand on racism, intolerance, and any impasse of a similar nature, is that racism only exists and receives the power that the individual gives it. Want to really be open-minded, free, and liberal? Then forget the issues and treat everyone like what they are - people, with the same annoyances, flashes of nobility, and occasional courage as you have come to expect from people with your same 'skin shade'. It's a round world, folks, and I'm a sailin' in it.

Sat May 21, 2011 7:07 pm
Director

Post Re: Opie and Anthony and the NAACP
Thanks for the comment. I'm actually African-American, or Black American, both are the same. The issue at hands is actually a small matter matter because of an older lady not hearing the word correctly on a gift card. At the same time, why would they want to go on their little rant about how the NAACP and claim if you disagree with them then they will label you as racist. They're dead wrong trying to bring the tea party in this. I consider myself fair and equal to all people and won't hate unless they deserve it. We should try to get along and understand different cultures and why we act and behave differently. The O&A show fail to understand that.

Sat May 21, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile YIM