Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 am

Songs with Movies "sampled" 
Post Songs with Movies "sampled"
I was listening to some 80's tunes and came across 2 songs that had some actual audio lifted from a motion picture embedded into the song:

"Weird Science" by Oingo Boing (Bride of Frankenstein)
"Hounds of Love" by Kate Bush (Night of the Demon)

Sigue Sigue Sputnik had a few songs where I recognized audio from a movie, but it was difficult to tell if it was a direct sampling or recreated audio separately.

Do you got any others?

(Bonus points if the movie is not related to the song...i.e. no bonus points for where they may mix in audio from Titanic into "My Heart Will Go On" on some sappy radio mixes).

Last edited by johnny larue on Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 am
Post Re: Songs with Movies "sampled"
"These Are The Quotes From Our Favorite 80's Movies" by The Bouncing Souls features clips from Valley Girland Say Anything

There's a horrible pop punk band called Anti-Flag that covered "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" that ends with a soundbite from The Breakfast Club.

Wed May 18, 2011 11:00 am
Hmmm....thought of another one, though I have to expand the criteria to include TV as well as movies:

"Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd (Gomer Pyle, USMC)

Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 pm
Director

On The Crow soundtrack Pantera does a cover of Exhorder's song "The Badge". That cover opens and closes with Taxi Driver samples. We first hear Robert De Niro say "suck on this" and shoot Harvey Keitel before the song actually starts, then the song ends with the lines "sonofabitch I'll kill you!"

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 pm
Matthew Sweet has a track titled "Intro" on his Altered Beast album before the song "Ugly Truthbook" that is just over a minute from the movie Caligula...but it's technically not part of a song.

Wed May 18, 2011 4:31 pm
M1A1 - Gorillaz (Day of the Dead)

Wed May 18, 2011 4:59 pm
"Paint the City Black" by Urkraft (Platoon)

At least two intros with Vital Remains: "Let the Killing Begin" & "Where Is Your God Now," both lead into the first proper song on their albums. Where Is Your God Now is from The Passion of the Christ, but I don't know where the former is from.

Wu-Tang Clan, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, etc. have soundbites from kung-fu movies. I've only seen a handful so I can't say which movies they're from, but GZA's "Liquid Swords" has over a minute from Shogun Assassin.

Also "Brainz" & "Mo' Brainz" off X-Raided's album Xorcist. They're short clips bookending the final song of the album, but both are from Return of the Living Dead.

"Agent Orange" by Cage, uses dialogue from A Clockwork Orange in the lyrics, and the theme from the movie as well. Really cool song.

"The Immaculate Conception" and "Speech Cobras" by Jedi Mind Tricks from Lord of Illusions and Pi.

"Zombie Apocalypse" by Mortician (Dawn of the Dead). I think the majority of their songs contain samples from horror movies, but the songs themselves are rather repetitive, but at least the quote here from DotD is awesome.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:51 pm
Children of Bodom likes to do this.

"Needled 24/7" - has "Death? What do you know about death?" from Platoon
"War Heart" - has "From now on, we are enemies... you and I." from Amadeus
"Follow the Reaper" - has a few choice bits from The Exorcist, Part III

Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm
"Scooby Snacks" by Fun Lovin' Criminals, which has samples from both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction.

Wed May 18, 2011 7:59 pm
The Icelandic instrumental funk/fusion band Mezzoforte used in their 1989 album "Playing for Time" two Bogart samples from Casablanca. "Waitin' for the lady!" and "Play it!"

Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm
The Avalanches sampled the 1981 John Waters film Polyester for their track 'Frontier Psychiatrist".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 pm
Guns N Roses "Civil War" has the "What we have here is failure to communicate" speech from Cool Hand Luke at the beginning.

Thu May 19, 2011 3:36 pm