Director

Post Osama Bin Laden is dead
... :D

Sun May 01, 2011 11:10 pm
Post Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
Watching at the moment.
Sadly I doubt it makes much difference
If anything it will encourage terrorist organizations to strike harder

the structure of terrorist groups is designed to protect against one person being critical

Good news though
Rob

Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 pm
Director

I don't think that it will really make much of a difference either. Nor do I think it will cause anything more than a blip in Obama's approval rating.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:14 pm
I guess I'm not really the type to dance on someone's grave. Not to be un-American, but so much stupid shit had to go down in order for this to happen that I don't find myself getting very excited about it.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:26 pm
I have just listened to some rent a quote guy saying what a great moment it is for America

His rationale was that Obama Bin Laden was of strategic importance and that this is the beginning of the end for Al Queda

Well surprise, if he was this smart, he and his teams will have planned life without him

they would be crazy to have everything dependent upon one person who is being hunted

Rob

Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 pm
al-Qaeda is completely decentralized. The idea that we will ever stop this organization by killing its leaders is a delusion.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:36 pm
Crap, I just realized my girlfriend and I are going to DC later this week. Hopefully the tourist traffic isn't still crazy by then.

Sun May 01, 2011 11:44 pm
Well i'm certianly happy about this, but i'm realistic enough to know it won't too much of a difference in the long run, anyways Kadhaffi is the guy we should be focusing on right now.

Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 am
Vexer wrote:
Well i'm certianly happy about this, but i'm realistic enough to know it won't too much of a difference in the long run, anyways Kadhaffi is the guy we should be focusing on right now.

Why? Kadhaffi is not a threat to the United States. Syria is a greater threat (though not a legit threat) to us and we're doing nothing about the Syrians being butchered right now. Our government only cares about Libya because there's value under it's soil.

Glad Bin Laden is dead but it does not change the mess we still find ourselves in.

Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 am
Assistant Director

Vexer wrote:

Seconded. Still, if it gets our spirits up, then that's something! :)

Mighty Mike's Raging Reviews

http://mightymikesragingreviews.blogspot.com/

Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Just read that Donald Trump is demanding to see the death certificate!
Rob

Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 pm
It was amusing that Obama's big speech came on right in the middle of Trump's TV show. I bet that was calculated--not as a political move, just a dick move.

Mon May 02, 2011 1:10 pm
Osama was an evil dude who was responsible, directly or indirectly, for many deaths, not just in the US. The world is a better place without him. However, this does little to the terrorists. Another leader will spring up. The cycle will continue. Ultimately, I'm glad that the people who have lost so much will feel a little sense of closure.

Ken wrote:
It was amusing that Obama's big speech came on right in the middle of Trump's TV show. I bet that was calculated--not as a political move, just a dick move.

That's the kind of dick move I can get behind. Not sure if Rob was joking about Trump wanting to see Osama's Death Certificate, but I bet this is happening already. There will always be a significant, stupid minority who think George Bush and Israel caused September 11th, or that Obama isn't an American. Those same folks haven't seen a body so they'll continue to think Bin Laden is still alive.

Mon May 02, 2011 1:46 pm
ed_metal_head wrote:
Osama was an evil dude who was responsible, directly or indirectly, for many deaths, not just in the US. The world is a better place without him. However, this does little to the terrorists. Another leader will spring up. The cycle will continue. Ultimately, I'm glad that the people who have lost so much will feel a little sense of closure.

Ken wrote:

That's the kind of dick move I can get behind. Not sure if Rob was joking about Trump wanting to see Osama's Death Certificate, but I bet this is happening already. There will always be a significant, stupid minority who think George Bush and Israel caused September 11th, or that Obama isn't an American. Those same folks haven't seen a body so they'll continue to think Bin Laden is still alive.

I was joking.

As a foreigner over here it's quite absurd how opinions become so extreme fueled by the media. A few years ago we had the absurd spectacle of someone with an IQ of about 80 standing as a VP candidate and now we have Donald trump seriously considering a run for president with his big issue of a birth certificate of the existing President.

Elvis is running round Washington for sure and Roswell is where they will be storing Bin Laden.

Rob

Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 pm
Ken wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Video of President Obama owning the shit out of Donald Trump. True story.

Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm
All I can say is, Go Navy!

Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm
I just shocked the James hasn't weighed in on this yet. I figured that he have some insightful/cynical things to say about this situation.

Mon May 02, 2011 4:50 pm
oafolay wrote:
I just shocked the James hasn't weighed in on this yet. I figured that he have some insightful/cynical things to say about this situation.

As far as i know, over recent months James only posts within his reviews and thoughts section
Rob

Mon May 02, 2011 4:54 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
oafolay wrote:

As far as i know, over recent months James only posts within his reviews and thoughts section
Rob

That's what I meant; I figured he would've written a ReelThoughts blog about this.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm
Director

oafolay wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
oafolay wrote:

Rob

That's what I meant; I figured he would've written a ReelThoughts blog about this.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised too.

Mon May 02, 2011 6:03 pm