Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Osama Bin Laden is dead 
Director

Post Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
Something I dashed off for fun.

Dear Allah or whatever you choose to call yourself nowadays.

I was told that if I died for you I would find paradise. However, the person who told me that must've been one of those door to door sales people who offers to sell you something for absolutely nothing because things have not quite turned out the way I planned.

First off, if this is paradise it should have a better thermostat. It seems like the A/C is broken. How long does it take to get a repairman down here!

Secondly they're making us sit in these chairs around this thing full of liquid flame. And they're making everyone take a dip in the flame bath. Sitting a few chairs over is my old annoying neighbor Saddam. Across the pool of flame is some German speaking guy with a mustache that looks like something that Chaplin guy would wear. He keeps raising his right hand for some reason. And every time he raises it, this guy with horns on his head (horns that look like something that Trump guy would have on), keeps poking him in the rear end with some kind of pitchfork.

I see an unoccupied chair with a sign saying on it "reserved for C Manson". I wonder who that guy promised he'd die for.

When they're not making us tap a dip in the hot bath, they're leading us to a room where we're forced to either listen to that guy named Michael Bolton bellow and scream his way through certain songs or forced to watch The Brady Bunch again and again.

So maybe I was misled. But it sure doesn't seem like paradise to me.

Sincerely
Osama Bin Laden

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Mon May 02, 2011 7:11 pm
Jeff Wilder wrote:
Something I dashed off for fun.

Dear Allah or whatever you choose to call yourself nowadays.

I was told that if I died for you I would find paradise. However, the person who told me that must've been one of those door to door sales people who offers to sell you something for absolutely nothing because things have not quite turned out the way I planned.

First off, if this is paradise it should have a better thermostat. It seems like the A/C is broken. How long does it take to get a repairman down here!

Secondly they're making us sit in these chairs around this thing full of liquid flame. And they're making everyone take a dip in the flame bath. Sitting a few chairs over is my old annoying neighbor Saddam. Across the pool of flame is some German speaking guy with a mustache that looks like something that Chaplin guy would wear. He keeps raising his right hand for some reason. And every time he raises it, this guy with horns on his head (horns that look like something that Trump guy would have on), keeps poking him in the rear end with some kind of pitchfork.

I see an unoccupied chair with a sign saying on it "reserved for C Manson". I wonder who that guy promised he'd die for.

When they're not making us tap a dip in the hot bath, they're leading us to a room where we're forced to either listen to that guy named Michael Bolton bellow and scream his way through certain songs or forced to watch The Brady Bunch again and again.

So maybe I was misled. But it sure doesn't seem like paradise to me.

Sincerely
Osama Bin Laden

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 02, 2011 8:40 pm
firefly wrote:
oafolay wrote:
I just shocked the James hasn't weighed in on this yet. I figured that he have some insightful/cynical things to say about this situation.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised too.

Why? He's more interested in writing about Doctor Who, years gone past and Friday's latest big budget releases (how anyone can watch Doctor Who without getting blazed or a hint of irony is beyond me). I'm not trying to dis on James but he's gone the way of Ebert on auto-tune while Ebert has been making his comeback. He has legitimate reasons but still...

Mon May 02, 2011 11:44 pm
JJoshay wrote:
firefly wrote:
oafolay wrote:
I just shocked the James hasn't weighed in on this yet. I figured that he have some insightful/cynical things to say about this situation.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised too.

Why? He's more interested in writing about Doctor Who, years gone past and Friday's latest big budget releases (how anyone can watch Doctor Who without getting blazed or a hint of irony is beyond me). I'm not trying to dis on James but he's gone the way of Ebert on auto-tune while Ebert has been making his comeback. He has legitimate reasons but still...

Wish James was in a more enthusiastic place these days :-(
Rob

Tue May 03, 2011 12:25 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
Wish James was in a more enthusiastic place these days :-(
Rob

Maybe fatherhood has dulled his enthusiasm for certain topics. On the other hand, he is pretty apolitical so he probably doesn't feel strongly enough about this victory to really comment on it...

Wed May 04, 2011 7:57 am
If I believed in a hell, I hope that OBL is burning in it. Otherwise, I'm one of those who'd line up to piss on his grave if he was buried in one (I know his corpse was tossed into the sea).

Wed May 04, 2011 5:23 pm
Clearly James is more excited about attending the Thor screening than he is about weighing in on anything surrounding Bin Laden's death and considering the glowing reviews that film has been getting thus far, perhaps he should be.

Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 am
I am in England and just met someone who actually thinks that Osama was not really killed.
Not kidding.
Rob

Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am
Robert Holloway wrote:
I am in England and just met someone who actually thinks that Osama was not really killed.
Not kidding.
Rob

-I'm not sure any sitting president would risk faking something like this. To have Al Jazeera show up with a new video of OBL holding today's newspaper would not go over well.

Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 am
Awf Hand wrote:
Robert Holloway wrote:
Not kidding.
Rob

-I'm not sure any sitting president would risk faking something like this. To have Al Jazeera show up with a new video of OBL holding today's newspaper would not go over well.

:lol:

Thu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm
Director

Indeed:

Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 pm