Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Feeling Sad 
Post Re: Feeling Sad
Ken wrote:
Movies are my weed.

I can get in big legal trouble if I burn one.

Speakng of burning films, a few years back there was a REALLY terrible film I can't remember the name of that got a limited release in theaters, and once they stopped sohwing the film, the owners realized that it was actually cheaper to burn the film prints rather then sending them back.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:51 am
Now that HAS to be depressing
Rob

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:18 am
Director

Robert Holloway wrote:
Just to be serious for the benefit of Corpen
Cannabis is not great if you are depressed
Rob

Thanks for the advice. I won't smoke weed if I'm mad, maybe if I'm a bit tweeked.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Profile YIM
Director

Vexer wrote:
Speakng of burning films, a few years back there was a REALLY terrible film I can't remember the name of that got a limited release in theaters, and once they stopped sohwing the film, the owners realized that it was actually cheaper to burn the film prints rather then sending them back.

And those of us who've seen Ingloious Basterds know how film can burn :lol:

Cinema is a matter of what's in the frame and what's out-Martin Scorsese.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1347771599

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:16 pm
Director

Another reason for this emotional low point for me is that a girl (named Leah) that I was trying to befriend wanted me the stay away from her and her roommates. What happened was that I stopped by their apartment door just a couple of times and wanted to know if they wanted to go to a movie or just hang out. On Facebook, Leah's friend (Taylor) told me to stop by and that they didn't want to hang out with me. This bothered me because a woman was accusing me of not being safe around; this crushed me both inside and outside.

Quote:
Fucking Bitches.
You can quote me on that.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Another reason for this emotional low point for me is that a girl (named Leah) that I was trying to befriend wanted me the stay away from her and her roommates. What happened was that I stopped by their apartment door just a couple of times and wanted to know if they wanted to go to a movie or just hang out. On Facebook, Leah's friend (Taylor) told me to stop by and that they didn't want to hang out with me. This bothered me because a woman was accusing me of not being safe around; this crushed me both inside and outside.

[/b] You can quote me on that.

That really sucks man, I don't what to tell you, other then stay the hell away from Facebook that is. I'm REALLY glad I didn't sucked into Facebook for this very reason.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:33 pm
Director

Vexer wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

That really sucks man, I don't what to tell you, other then stay the hell away from Facebook that is. I'm REALLY glad I didn't sucked into Facebook for this very reason.

I'm still on Facebook. It sucks that either one of them could tell me that to my face and tell me why they didn't feel safe around me.
I hate this bullshit.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

I'm still on Facebook. It sucks that either one of them could tell me that to my face and tell me why they didn't feel safe around me.
I hate this bullshit.

I do volunteer work for rescue dogs - people make dogs look like saints.
Rob

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 pm
Director

Rob. You know how to say the right words at the right moment.
I feel that they don't hate me, but just tell me as a young adult.
This shit isn't in middle school, we're in college!!!!

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
Vexer wrote:
corpen11 wrote:

I hate this bullshit.
They didn't feel "safe" around you? :? I'm a little confused here, are they afraid of you or something?

Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm
Quote:

Quote:
Fucking Bitches.

Start doing this as often as possible. You will feel great about yourself.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:22 pm
Director

I only went to their apartment door a couple of times to ask them if they wanted to go hang out, go see a film, etc. On Facebook, Taylor told me to stay away from them and that they didn't feel safe with them. That's funny, because I volenteered to walk both Leah and Taylor home this past Holloween. So much for being "not safe" with me.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:28 am
Profile YIM
Sounds like you got casted into the dreaded "creepy guy" category.

Similarly to the "friend zone," being cast as a "creepy guy" effectively neuters your chances with whichever particular woman you have in mind. However, unlike being in the friend zone, you don't get to enjoy their company.

For reasons of their own (reasons that eclipse things like logic), woman will always find certain dudes creepy. Be it based on appearance, their moods at the time, who they're around, and what have you. It happens to every guy at some point during his life, most often occurring during adolescence and young adulthood.

Moreover, there's nothing you can really do to prevent it, unless you want to change yourself, which isn't the answer. If they're going to make presumptions about you before they even get to know you, then they probably aren't worth the effort of pursuing romantically. Just be yourself, the right woman is out there for you. A few others are available too, hahahaha.

If all else fails, do what I do. Put on a fake Irish accent and pretend to be on vacation in the United States. Guaranteed you'll have at least 3 woman swooning over you at any given time. You have to do it well though; if you sound Scottish, your not going to get any tail....

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:52 am
Assistant Second Unit Director

will presumably get shit for this but the way you come across on here makes me think that there might be some truth in what these girls think and that yr not entirely telling the whole story, but whatever. everyone is human, makes mistakes, appears clingy and needy sometimes and so on.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Director

OtherBen wrote:
will presumably get shit for this but the way you come across on here makes me think that there might be some truth in what these girls think and that yr not entirely telling the whole story, but whatever. everyone is human, makes mistakes, appears clingy and needy sometimes and so on.

I always try to present myself as the way I am; I've told them that I'm sorry for bothering them and intruding, but they're not listening.
Now, they're planning to "report" me if I even just look at them again.
Such bullshit.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
corpen11 wrote:
OtherBen wrote:

I always try to present myself as the way I am; I've told them that I'm sorry for bothering them and intruding, but they're not listening.
Such bullshit.

Yeah I don't get it either, maybe somebody spread some "creepy" rumors about you and they believed them or something like that.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:47 pm
corpen11 wrote:
OtherBen wrote:

Such bullshit.

My advice would be to just leave them alone. They clearly don't to have anything to do with you, and your attempts to change their minds aren't being heard. While your attempts to make them understand you aren't a harmful person are genuine, they already see you through their own biased lenses. It's unlikely they're going to see anything you do as anything other than what they're claiming it is now. Put another way - if you're bothering them, telling them you're sorry for bothering them is only going to be seen by them as continuing to bother them.

Question - How did you meet these girls? Did you become friendly with them at some point or did you just see them and randomly ask them to hang out? OtherBen brings up a good point, and you may be coming off as "creepy" without even realizing it.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:55 pm
PeachyPete wrote:
corpen11 wrote:
OtherBen wrote:

Such bullshit.

My advice would be to just leave them alone. They clearly don't to have anything to do with you, and your attempts to change their minds aren't being heard. While your attempts to make them understand you aren't a harmful person are genuine, they already see you through their own biased lenses. It's unlikely they're going to see anything you do as anything other than what they're claiming it is now. Put another way - if you're bothering them, telling them you're sorry for bothering them is only going to be seen by them as continuing to bother them.

Question - How did you meet these girls? Did you become friendly with them at some point or did you just see them and randomly ask them to hang out? OtherBen brings up a good point, and you may be coming off as "creepy" without even realizing it.

Yeah, maybe they've had bad experiences with guys, so they're extremely wary about who they hang out with. Whatever the case may be, it's not your fault they're creeped out by you. The best thing is to just forget about them and find somebody else to hang out with.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm
Hi Corpen 11

I would second that you leave them alone - they have no interest in you and they are behaving rather foolishly.

Have a chat about the incidents with the person you are "talking" to. It will help you distance your self from them and realize that this is NOT your fault.

One of the things i do when i'm feeling down is to give myself a fun project. Like train my dog to do something, or watch 5 movies by a specific director, or do a piece of work round the house that I've been putting off. I always feel better after! It's all part of regaining my self esteem.

Lastly, I am impressed by your courage in talking so openly on here. I am not sure i could manage that. Hats off to you!

Rob

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 pm
Robert Holloway wrote:
Lastly, I am impressed by your courage in talking so openly on here. I am not sure i could manage that. Hats off to you!

Rob

I second this. I wouldn't be able to do it either. Good for you, Corey.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next