Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 am

Oscars: Outguess Ebert and win $100,000 or Mubi Memberships 
Post Oscars: Outguess Ebert and win $100,000 or Mubi Memberships
Mubi.com and Roger Ebert have an Oscar challenge up. It's pretty simple. Everyone who predicts all 24 categories correctly wins a share of $100,000. If you fail to do that, but still beat Roger Ebert, you get to stream movies freely at Mubi.com for 3 months (they have some pretty great flicks).

http://mubi.com/oscars

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:08 pm
Post Re: Oscars: Outguess Ebert and win $100,000 or Mubi Memberships
I'll let you guess who's doing this contest. :lol:

Last year, I got 19/24.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:24 pm
It seems like this thread was briefly bot-bumped, but I'm giving it a real bump as a reminder.

You might not share the $100,000 but you can still win a Mubi membership. I had joined a few months ago, but just got a free movie just for filling out a brief survey. Now what to watch...maybe Repulsion? Lars von Trier? Decisions, decisions...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 pm
I made my predictions! It really all comes down to who can pick the "Best Short" categories correctly. I just read plot summaries on imdb and made a guess at what the Academy members would like the most.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
I made my predictions! It really all comes down to who can pick the "Best Short" categories correctly. I just read plot summaries on imdb and made a guess at what the Academy members would like the most.

Pfft. My strategy is so beating yours. I based mine on the titles. There's one called Killing in the Name. That's a great song! I'd vote for the film just because of that alone!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 pm
How'd you gents end up doing?

You might have already guessed why I'm asking. The reason is to gloat. I got 16/24. That wasn't enough for a share of 100 grand, but it was enough to beat Ebert. I got my free 3 month mubi subscription today. Now, time to stream some movies. Wooohooooooo....

:D :D :D

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:03 pm
Only 13/24 :cry: . Considering how predictable the awards ended up being, this is a dismal number. I didn't count on the Academy's refusal to go with anything remotely interesting, and I refused to acknowlege Alice In Wonderland in my picks.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 am