Discussion of movies and ReelThoughts topics

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
My Life 
Post Re: My Life
ed_metal_head wrote:
Evenflow8112 wrote:

- Got my Pimpbot level upgraded to 'High Velocity 3.0 - Strangles Women... But They Like It'

- Had at least eight different women ask to have sex with him over the past two weeks. Now, if half of them weren't illegal, this would be followed by me smiling. As is, this cell is actually pretty comfy.

I totally cannot tell whether to take you literally or not. Is "Pimpbot" some new online thing that I've missed out on? Or, are you referring to yourself in a strange form of third-person? Whatever the case, congratulations.

It's a MajorAphasia a-phrase-ya.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm
I'm JK-ing, just saying.

But the part about Mimi and I is true. We re broken up. That much is true. Sad stuff, but true.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:26 pm
Hey all, just ducking in to say "Hey". I don't get much time to post anymore, and barely time to respond to the threads that are intensely interesting to me. "My life" is going pretty well. Lost 40lbs since Jan 1, and am feeling great. I joined a local mountain bike club and suddenly find myself with loads of people who want to be my friends on Facebook and in person. My talents on and off the bike are suddenly in more demand than I thought they'd ever be, and I've got a ride scheduled at least once a week. Mostly, I'm out 2-3 times. I've started gathering differential GPS waypoints on rides and importing them to ortho-adjusted aerial photos, ultimately to be used to produce precise trail maps. Some old local friends have come out of the woodwork as biking enthusiasts and I now have some-bodies who can go along on some of the steep-and-deep stuff that I enjoy riding. (-but only when someone is around to call the med-evac.) I hadn't realized it before, but I guess my dream bike is an MTB. A year ago, I'm not sure I'd have answered that. I'm looking hard at a 29" hard-tail right now. Amazingly, they are almost as light as my roadie, but still able to handle the tough stuff.
At this point I'm starting to get my provisions and gear in order for a cross-MN bike ride that I have coming up. My father-in-law is dropping me off in Fargo, ND and the wife and kids pick me up in Stillwater, MN six days and about 300 miles later. Here's hoping for good weather.
I'm easing back into the classic movie-viewing realm, but have really lost desire to do any write-ups, as I barely have time to correspond with old/new friends. My "list" is now back under my 'recent documents' menu, so I should be resuming slow, forward movement from here.

I've developed an affinity for salt-water taffy as well. Moderation is key there.
Hope life is going well for everyone else here!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm
Awf Hand wrote:
Hey all, just ducking in to say "Hey". I don't get much time to post anymore, and barely time to respond to the threads that are intensely interesting to me. "My life" is going pretty well. Lost 40lbs since Jan 1, and am feeling great. I joined a local mountain bike club and suddenly find myself with loads of people who want to be my friends on Facebook and in person. My talents on and off the bike are suddenly in more demand than I thought they'd ever be, and I've got a ride scheduled at least once a week. Mostly, I'm out 2-3 times. I've started gathering differential GPS waypoints on rides and importing them to ortho-adjusted aerial photos, ultimately to be used to produce precise trail maps. Some old local friends have come out of the woodwork as biking enthusiasts and I now have some-bodies who can go along on some of the steep-and-deep stuff that I enjoy riding. (-but only when someone is around to call the med-evac.) I hadn't realized it before, but I guess my dream bike is an MTB. A year ago, I'm not sure I'd have answered that. I'm looking hard at a 29" hard-tail right now. Amazingly, they are almost as light as my roadie, but still able to handle the tough stuff.
At this point I'm starting to get my provisions and gear in order for a cross-MN bike ride that I have coming up. My father-in-law is dropping me off in Fargo, ND and the wife and kids pick me up in Stillwater, MN six days and about 300 miles later. Here's hoping for good weather.
I'm easing back into the classic movie-viewing realm, but have really lost desire to do any write-ups, as I barely have time to correspond with old/new friends. My "list" is now back under my 'recent documents' menu, so I should be resuming slow, forward movement from here.

I've developed an affinity for salt-water taffy as well. Moderation is key there.
Hope life is going well for everyone else here!

That's great to hear, Awfy! Glad life is treating you well at the moment and I hope it continues to do so for a long time. I guess there's something to the whole "get fit, feel healthy" thing after all, huh?

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 pm
I thought it would be nice to check back in on the Reelviews Forum to get into the Reelviews Forum mode but found myself overwhelmed by the volume of new posts, the volume of threads around spam. I also haven't seen a goddam thing since Midnight in Paris. Purchased Kiss Me Deadly but haven't unwrapped it.

So, anyway, this is the only thread to which I felt I could contribute. My wife is expecting in ~ 3 weeks. Very exciting for us despite the lack of appropriate punctuation to really hammer this home. Tiring, too. Stuff to get ready and all the rest. Work, family... pretty great. I wish I could pull out a joke about prostitution or a reference to my genitals but I'm really not feeling it. Hmmm. Must be the weather or the spam threads. Have you seen all the threads on spam? Lots of 'em!

Highly recommend the new Tom Perrotta novel -- called The Leftovers -- and believe it'll appeal to the speculative fiction lovers in the room. Terrible title, though.

What else? Not much. I went for a walk at ~11:00p the other night and saw a little scrawny white kid with magnificent dreadlocks riding a bicycle in nothing but his briefs and aforementioned magnificent dreadlocks. Maybe not his briefs but certainly someone's. His dreadlocks, presumably. It was strange. Lots of eye contact. I felt as if I'd just woken up for the first time in years to see what the future had in store for my children. Scary. Dreadlocks. Briefs.

Miss some if not most of you guys. Hello to Pete, ram, ed, James, Josh... um... Ken, Pedro... everyone else. I'll be back once I've gotten Kiss Me Deadly under my belt.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:25 am
Critic

majoraphasia wrote:
I thought it would be nice to check back in on the Reelviews Forum to get into the Reelviews Forum mode but found myself overwhelmed by the volume of new posts, the volume of threads around spam. I also haven't seen a goddam thing since Midnight in Paris. Purchased Kiss Me Deadly but haven't unwrapped it.

So, anyway, this is the only thread to which I felt I could contribute. My wife is expecting in ~ 3 weeks. Very exciting for us despite the lack of appropriate punctuation to really hammer this home. Tiring, too. Stuff to get ready and all the rest. Work, family... pretty great. I wish I could pull out a joke about prostitution or a reference to my genitals but I'm really not feeling it. Hmmm. Must be the weather or the spam threads. Have you seen all the threads on spam? Lots of 'em!

Highly recommend the new Tom Perrotta novel -- called The Leftovers -- and believe it'll appeal to the speculative fiction lovers in the room. Terrible title, though.

What else? Not much. I went for a walk at ~11:00p the other night and saw a little scrawny white kid with magnificent dreadlocks riding a bicycle in nothing but his briefs and aforementioned magnificent dreadlocks. Maybe not his briefs but certainly someone's. His dreadlocks, presumably. It was strange. Lots of eye contact. I felt as if I'd just woken up for the first time in years to see what the future had in store for my children. Scary. Dreadlocks. Briefs.

Miss some if not most of you guys. Hello to Pete, ram, ed, James, Josh... um... Ken, Pedro... everyone else. I'll be back once I've gotten Kiss Me Deadly under my belt.

Good to see you Major, and thanks for the Tom Perrotta recommendation! He's my favorite author and I didn't know he had published a new book! To Amazon: squeeeeeeeeee

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:39 am
majoraphasia wrote:

I'll second James' well wishes and say it is, indeed, good to see you. Also, congrats on Mini Major #2! That's exciting! More well wishes to whatever he/she will be named.

Incidentally, I also bought Kiss Me Deadly and have yet to watch it. I haven't been able to muster up much enthusiasm for really any movies lately. I guess I'm in a slump. Anyway, hopefully I'll have it watched by the time you check back in.

Also, spam. Man, it sucks. Damn the spam.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:26 am
majoraphasia wrote:

Ah, Mark, all of us miss you, don't you know? Glad to hear about your incoming child-thing. I will be there when your wife is giving birth... carrying the Mark Jr. from her to here.

And if that's not the creepiest comment on the forum, then I'm not trying hard enough. But in all seriousness, it's good to see you put in an appearance. In case you wind up near a showing of Attack the Block, that's my favorite film of the year so far.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm
majoraphasia wrote:

Good to hear from you! A request? If you (well, not you) ever bear a masculine child call it "Jeffrey". Awesomeness will ensue. Think of it as a decades-long research project.

P.S. I have the Pedro on the facebook. His current profile picture is him, in dreadlocks, riding a bicycle in nothing but his briefs. Very sexy. I love pubic dreadlocks.

P.P.S. Best wishes on the impending birth. All the best and keep us updated.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm
Finally got a job.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:20 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
Finally got a job.

Doing?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 pm
Critic

Patrick wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:
Finally got a job.

Doing?

Your mom.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:37 pm
An account executive for Centurylink. Not the most exciting position, but I'll take it for now.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
An account executive for Centurylink. Not the most exciting position, but I'll take it for now.

Congrats!

JamesKunz wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:
Finally got a job.

Doing?

Your mom.

Nice.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:12 am
Patrick wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:
Finally got a job.

Doing?

Blonde Almond wrote:

Congrats! Why isn't it exciting though? Is the account executive unattractive?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 am
ed_metal_head wrote:

Eh, it's just a little boring, and I'm not going to pretend like it's my dream job. But work is work, so we'll see how it goes.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm
Blonde Almond wrote:
ed_metal_head wrote:

Eh, it's just a little boring, and I'm not going to pretend like it's my dream job. But work is work, so we'll see how it goes.

I see. I also see that my joke completely failed. I tried to juxtapose Paddy's quote with yours to make it seem like you were employed to "do" an account executive. Eh.

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:17 pm
Yeah, I'll admit it. That flew right over my head. :D

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:21 pm
Director

JamesKunz wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Blonde Almond wrote:
Finally got a job.

Doing?

Your mom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:43 pm
Profile YIM
Director

Currently finishing up school at the moment. I have not been on this board as much as I have been on the past due to a job that fluctuates between full-time and part-time, as well as an internship that I was completing over the summer for a minor league baseball team. I have one more semester to go at school, then I must complete a 450 hour-internship in the spring somewhere, currently I have no idea where that will be. Basically one more year in the "safe zone" before life starts sucking for a little bit, right now I'm enjoying the college life quite a lot.

UPDATED 8/26 - Top 100 List *Updated*

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next